Dr. Samiksha Khanuja
Associate professor, Department of Anaesthesia
Reg. Number: DMC-76882
presently working as Associate professor,HIMSR. I am actively involved in scholary activities associated with teaching and beyond it . I strive hard to demonstrate professional productivity in research along with being actively involved in patient care in Operating rooms ,intensive care units and Pain clinics.
Co supervising the thesis work of two postgraduate residents ,we together under the guidance of our respected HOD , aim to deliver the novel project work and employ it for the better patient treatment and care in near future.
Area of Interest
- Neuro anaesthesia
- Critical Care Medicine
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MD||2014||KMC Mangalore,Manipal University||DMC 76882|
|MBBS||2005||RNT Medical College,Rajasthan University of Medical Sciences||DMC 76882|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Associate Professor||HIMSR and HAHC, New Delhi||16th Feb 2021||Till date|
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR and HAHC, New Delhi||Nov 2016||Feb 2021||4 yrs 3 mnths|
|Senior resident||SMS Medical College, Jaipur||May 2016||August 2018||23 months|
- Hussain SY, P Panjiar, Jain D, Khanuja S, K Batt. Current practice of rapid sequence induction (RSI) in Pediatric Anaesthesia “A survey from India”. Journal of Anaeshesiology and Clinical Pharmacology (Accepted for publication manuscript joacp_172_21)
- Anjali Kochar, Samiksha Khanooj, Irshad Yusuf, Evaluation Of Spheno-palatine for the treatment of Post dural puncture headache following spinal anaesthesia :A Randomized study. European Journal Of Pharmaceutical Research 2017: 4 (12), 231 -234
- Khanooja S, Upadhaya N, Neck Circumference to thyromental distance ratio in comparison with Mallampati Test:A study to predict difficult intubation. European Journal Of Pharmaceutical Research , 2016: 3 (12), 363 -367
- Mamta Khandelwal, Samiksha Khanooja. Anaesthesia management of a diagnosed caseof crigler - najjar syndrome posted for caserean section. Indian Journal of Clinical Anaesthesia. 2015: 70-73
- Rao ST, Khanooja S. A comparison of intrathecal bupivacaine with fentanyl to bupivacaine alone for elective caesarian section. Paripex-Indian journal of Research 2013: 2 (7), 204-206
Research Work & Projects
- Covid experience article published in Indian Society of Anaesthesia newsletter 2021.
- The TRACKS- A modified DOPS based tool for BLS training and assessment.
- Intraocular pressure changes following laryngoscopy & tracheal intubation with Macintosh laryngoscope (King Vision) in non-ophthalmic surgeries: A Randomized Study.
- Post-operative Pain relief after laparoscopic cholecystectomy: Intraperitoneal ropivacaine V/s Nalbuphine.
- Comparison of effects of intravenous infusion of dexmedetomidine versus low dose ketamine –Dexmedetomidine combination on spinal block, surgical stress response and discharge readiness from PACU in orthopedic patients – A prospective ,randomized controlled clnical trial
- A comparative evaluation of block buster intubating LMA, channeled king vision video laryngoscope and flexible fiberoptic scope for tracheal intubation in patients with simulated immobilized cervical spine: A randomized clinical trial
- Successfully completed fellowship in Mechanical Ventilation 2020
- Faculty in Indian College Of Anaesthesia, October 2021, pro con session in fellowships
- Successfully completed ‘Basic Course in Bio Medical Research’ by ICMR / NIE, December 2020
- ACE Mechanical ventilation fellowship 2020
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Member of ISSP (Indian Society for study of pain)
- Indian Society Of Anaesthesia( ISA)
- Indian College Of Anaesthesia (ICA)
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- CME on celebration of World Patient Safety Day on 18th September 2021 by Deptt. Of Anesthesia., HIMSR
- CME : Anesthesia Update 2020: Upcoming & Promising Areas in Anaesthesia on 29th Feburary 2020.
- CME on celebration of World Patient Safety Day on 17th -18th September 2020 by Deptt. Of Anesthesia.
- CME on celebration of World Patient Safety Day in September 2019 by Deptt. Of Anesthesia
- CME on “Geriateric Anaesthesia : A contemporary Approach” on 22nd Oct 2018
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- Faculty presentation competition at 1st Annual National Conference of ISACON Yuva 2020
- Post graduate lecture in PGA UCMS 2019
- Conference of Indian College of Anaesthesiologists, ISACON 2019
- Paper Presentation in 65th ISACON 2018, Agra
- Paper Presentation in 63rd ISACON Jaipur 2015