Dr. Samiksha Khanuja
Associate professor, Department of Anaesthesia
Reg. Number: DMC-76882
presently working as Associate professor,HIMSR. I am actively involved in scholary activities associated with teaching and beyond it . I strive hard to demonstrate professional productivity in research along with being actively involved in patient care in Operating rooms ,intensive care units and Pain clinics.
Co supervising the thesis work of two postgraduate residents ,we together under the guidance of our respected HOD , aim to deliver the novel project work and employ it for the better patient treatment and care in near future.
Area of Interest
- Neuro anaesthesia
- Critical Care Medicine
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MD||2014||KMC Mangalore,Manipal University||DMC 76882|
|MBBS||2005||RNT Medical College,Rajasthan University of Medical Sciences||DMC 76882|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Associate Professor||HIMSR and HAHC, New Delhi||16th Feb 2021||Till date|
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR and HAHC, New Delhi||Nov 2016||Feb 2021||4 yrs 3 mnths|
|Senior resident||SMS Medical College, Jaipur||May 2016||August 2018||23 months|
- Hussain SY, Panjiar P, Khanuja S, Jain D, K Batt Effect of N95 Filtering Facepiece Respirator on Venous Blood carbon dioxide levels and hemodynamic changes in health care workers. Indian journal of occupational and environmental Medicine 2023. Under print
- Agarwal J, Panjiar P, Khanuja S, Annapureddy SK, Saloda A, Butt KM. Correlation of preoperative inferior vena cava diameter and inferior vena cava collapsibility index with preoperative fasting status, patient demography and general anaesthesia associated hypotension: A prospective, observational study. Indian J Anaesth 2022;66:S320-7.
- S Khanuja, J. Aggarwal, S Hussain. Erector Spinae Plane Block as a potential analgesic option in Acute Pancreatitis. A Case report (Under Print)
- Hussain SY, Panjiar P, Jain D, Khanooja S, Batt KM. Current practice of Rapid Sequence Induction (RSI) in pediatric anesthesia: A survey from India. J Anesthesiol Clin Pharmacol 0;0:0.
- Agarwal J, Panjiar P, Khanuja S, Hussain SY. Early extubation to preventive noninvasive ventilation in coronavirus disease-2019 patient: A promising approach! J Indian Coll Anaesth 2022;1:46-9.
- S Khanuja, P Panjiar, S Hussain, Km Butt. Intraperitoneal Bupivacaine versus Nalbuphine in Postoperative Pain Relief after Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy: A Randomised Clinical Study: Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research 2022 Feb, Vol-16(2): UC21-UC24
- Anjali Kochar, Samiksha Khanooj, Irshad Yusuf, Evaluation Of Spheno-palatine for the treatment of Post dural puncture headache following spinal anaesthesia :A Randomized study. European Journal Of Pharmaceutical Research 2017: 4 (12), 231 -234
- Khanooja S, Upadhaya N, Neck Circumference to thyromental distance ratio in comparison with Mallampati Test:A study to predict difficult intubation. European Journal Of Pharmaceutical Research , 2016: 3 (12), 363 -367
- Mamta Khandelwal, Samiksha Khanooja. Anaesthesia management of a diagnosed caseof crigler - najjar syndrome posted for caserean section. Indian Journal of Clinical Anaesthesia. 2015: 70-73
- Rao ST, Khanooja S. A comparison of intrathecal bupivacaine with fentanyl to bupivacaine alone for elective caesarian section. Paripex-Indian journal of Research 2013: 2 (7), 204-206
Research Work & Projects
- Evaluation of effect of N95 filtering face piece respirator on hypercapnic response & hemodynamic changes in health care worker – a prospective study
- Covid experience article published in Indian Society of Anaesthesia newsletter 2021.
- The TRACKS- A modified DOPS based tool for BLS training and assessment.
- Intraocular pressure changes following laryngoscopy & tracheal intubation with Macintosh laryngoscope (King Vision) in non-ophthalmic surgeries: A Randomized Study.
- Post-operative Pain relief after laparoscopic cholecystectomy: Intraperitoneal ropivacaine V/s Nalbuphine.
- Comparison of effects of intravenous infusion of dexmedetomidine versus low dose ketamine –Dexmedetomidine combination on spinal block, surgical stress response and discharge readiness from PACU in orthopedic patients – A prospective ,randomized controlled clnical trial
- A comparative evaluation of block buster intubating LMA, channeled king vision video laryngoscope and flexible fiberoptic scope for tracheal intubation in patients with simulated immobilized cervical spine: A randomized clinical trial
- Fellowship in Interventional Pain Medicine
- Successfully completed fellowship in Mechanical Ventilation 2020
- Faculty in Indian College Of Anaesthesia, October 2021, pro con session in fellowships
- Successfully completed ‘Basic Course in Bio Medical Research’ by ICMR / NIE, December 2020
- ACE Mechanical ventilation fellowship 2020
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Indian society for the study of pain- ISSP no. 2698
- Member of ISSP (Indian Society for study of pain)
- Indian Society Of Anaesthesia( ISA)
- Indian College Of Anaesthesia (ICA)
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Handson workshop on Interventional Pain management with live case demo- Sept 2022
- CME on ‘‘HIMSR ANAESTHESIA AND PAIN UPDATE’ 2022’on WHO World Patient Safety Day September 2022
- Workshop on (THE MAP) “Management of Airway & Pain” 30th March 2022, Department of Anaesthesia, HIMSR
- CME on celebration of World Patient Safety Day on 18th September 2021 by Deptt. Of Anesthesia., HIMSR
- CME : Anesthesia Update 2020: Upcoming & Promising Areas in Anaesthesia on 29th Feburary 2020.
- CME on celebration of World Patient Safety Day on 17th -18th September 2020 by Deptt. Of Anesthesia.
- CME on celebration of World Patient Safety Day in September 2019 by Deptt. Of Anesthesia
- CME on “Geriateric Anaesthesia : A contemporary Approach” on 22nd Oct 2018
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- Faculty in Anesthesia Postgraduate Pre-Examination Course 2023, Delhi
- Annual Conference of ISA, Shilong
- Faculty presentation competition at 1st Annual National Conference of ISACON Yuva 2020
- Post graduate lecture in PGA UCMS 2019
- Conference of Indian College of Anaesthesiologists, ISACON 2019
- Paper Presentation in 65th ISACON 2018, Agra
- Paper Presentation in 63rd ISACON Jaipur 2015