Dr. Farishta Hannah D. Singh
PG resident, Department of Community Medicine
Reg. Number: 71074
I got the opportunity to pursue my MD in Community Medicine at HIMSR after clearing the NEET-PG 2018 entrance exam. As a resident, I got the opportunity to expand my knowledge and skills by engaging in numerous health-care activities undertaken at the peripheral health centres. I could hone my research skills by being a part of various research projects being undertaken by the department with governmental and international organizations such as WHO. The training of the undergraduate students provided an opportunity to develop my teaching skills as well. The multi-faceted exposure provided in this institute has enabled a holistic development in my learning curve.
Area of Interest
- Maternal and Child Health
- Nutrition and Non-communicable diseases
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MBBS||2014||A.C.S Medical College and Hospital, Dr. M.G.R Educational and Research Institute, Chennai (University)||19-03-2015|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Junior resident -3rd year||HIMSR, New Delhi||25-05-2020||To date||10 months|
|Junior resident- 2nd year||HIMSR, New Delhi||25-05-2019||24-05-2020||12 months|
|Junior resident- 1st year||HIMSR, New Delhi||25-05-2018||24-05-2019||12 months|
Research Work & Projects
- Thesis- A randomized controlled trial to assess the effectiveness of group-based diabetes self-management education (DSME) program on glycemic control, self-care efficacy, and quality of life in individuals with type-2 diabetes.
- MD/MS Thesis grant from Indian Council of Medical Research
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Indian Association of Social and Preventive Medicine (IAPSM)
- Indian Public Health Association (IPHA)
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Capacity building workshop of the Project ‘ Integration of Maternal, Infant and Young child Nutrition’ in 2018
- A hands-on workshop on Biomedical Research Methodology in 2018.
- Update on Immunization training for Medical officers, 2019
- Introductory course on Research Methodology & Biostatistics, in collaboration with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the Indian Institute of Applied Statistics, in January 2020.
- Organized a workshop on “Efficient, quality-assured data capture using a mobile phone” in January 2021.
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- Workshop on management of ulcers in People living with Leprosy, 7th-10th March 2017.
- CME on RNTCP updates held on 29th May 2018 at ACMS, Delhi Cantt.
- Conference on World Zoonoses day at VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital on 5th July 2018
- National Workshop on Basics of Health Economics at LHMC, Delhi on 31st August 2018.
- Workshop on “Maternal Death Surveillance and Near Miss Review” at MAMC, New Delhi from 6-7th September 2018.
- Workshop on Basic Epidemiology and Biostatistics at PGIMER, Chandigarh from 3rd December 2018 to 15th December 2018
- International Conference on Occupational Health and Environmental Health at LHMC, Delhi from 15th Feb -17th Feb 2019.
- IAPSM National Conference (IAPSMCON 2019) at IGMC, Shimla from 7th March 2019 to 10th March 2019
- Workshop on “Leadership Skills” at LHMC, New Delhi on 7th May 2019
- National Conference on One Health-Anti Microbial Resistance and Diseases of Public Health Importance (Zoonotic Diseases) at VMMC and Safdarjung hospital on 3rd July 2019.
- Workshop on “the Art and Science of Writing a Paper” at Apollo Hospital on 23rd and 24th September 2019
- Advanced Epidemiology and Biostatistics at PGIMER, Chandigarh from 23rd December 2019 to 04th January 2020.
- Delhi State Training on Immunization updates, Rotavirus Vaccination, and Vaccine-Preventable Disease Surveillance.
- Presented an oral presentation at North-Zone IAPSM Conference, Mewat, Haryana, November 2019
- Workshop on “Meta-analysis- From Evidence to Policy” at AIIMS, Delhi on 28th February 2020
- Presented a paper at IPHA National Conference, AIIMS New Delhi, 29th Feb- 2nd March 2020
- Workshop on “Epi-Collect Data collection software” at MAMC, New Delhi, from 6th March 2020 to 7th March 2020
- Attended and conducted training for Infection Prevention and Control in Hospital during CoVID pandemic in March 2020.
- Completed a Certificate Course on ‘Leadership skills during COVID era’ in September 2020
- Completed a course on “The COVID-19 Response in India: Impact on Women and Children’s Health and Wellbeing” by John Hopkin’s University in December 2020.
- Completed the 6th International Course on Public Health Approaches to Noncommunicable Diseases 2021 (Virtual), jointly organized by PGIMER, AIIMS, World NCD Federation & WHO, from March 2021.
- International CME on Public Health Approaches to Noncommunicable Diseases (Theme: Systematic review and Meta-analysis for Evidence-based prevention and control of NCDs) jointly organized by World NCD Federation & IAPSMCON 2021 on 7th March 2021.
- Presented an e-oral paper at IAPSMCON 2021, IAPSM National conference, hosted by PGI Chandigarh