Dr. Farishta Hannah D. Singh
MBBS, MD, DNB
Assistant professor, Department of Community Medicine
Reg. Number: DMC-71074
I completed my MD in Community Medicine at HIMSR in 2021 and thereafter have joined the institute as a senior resident cum LMO. I am involved in the departmental research activities, teaching of undergraduate students as well as patient- care in the health centres. The department is involved in various research activities both with national and international organizations such as ICMR and WHO which gives a good exposure to various research methods. My key areas of interest are Non-communicable diseases, Nutrition and Child health. The multi-faceted exposure provided by this institute enables a holistic development to my learning curve and also a good platform to network with other like-minded individuals.
Area of Interest
- Maternal and Child Health
- Nutrition and Non-communicable diseases
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MD Social and Preventive Medicine/ Communit y Medicine||2021||HIMSR, New Delhi||DMC-71074||12-03-2015|
|MBBS||2014||A.C.S Medical College and Hospital, Dr. M.G.R Educational and Research Institute, Chennai (University)||DMC-71074||12-03-2015|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||21-08-2022||Till Date|
|Senior Resident cum LMO||HIMSR, New Delhi||21-08- 2021||20-08-2022||1 Year|
|Junior resident -3rd year||HIMSR, New Delhi||25-05-2020||15-05-2021||10 months|
|Junior resident- 2nd year||HIMSR, New Delhi||25-05-2019||24-05-2020||12 months|
|Junior resident- 1st year||HIMSR, New Delhi||25-05-2018||24-05-2019||12 months|
- Dudeja M, Sharma P, Islam F, Shaikh A, Singh FHD, Alvi Y, et al. A hospital-based prospective cohort study to assess the factors associated with transmission dynamics of SARS CoV-2 among healthcare workers in Delhi [Internet]. F1000Research; 2022 [cited 2022 Sep 22].
- Singh FH, Islam F, Shaikh A, Pathak R, Kohli S, Kashyap V. A Randomized controlled trial to assess the effectiveness of group-based Diabetes Self-Management Education (DSME) program on glycemic control and self-care activities among type-2 diabetics in South-East Delhi. Indian Journal of Community Health. 2022 Sep 17;34(3).
- Panda M, Pathak R, Islam F, Agarwalla R, Singh V, Singh F. Interplay of multimorbidity and polypharmacy on a community dwelling frail elderly cohort in the peri-urban slums of Delhi, India. J Family Med Prim Care 2020;9:1647-55.
Research Work & Projects
- Thesis- A randomized controlled trial to assess the effectiveness of group-based diabetes self-management education (DSME) program on glycemic control, self-care efficacy, and quality of life in individuals with type-2 diabetes.
- Study to assess the feeding practices among children aged 6 to 24 months in a peri- urban area of South Delhi
- Assessing Household Transmission & associated Risk Factors for COVID-19 across four-dimensional interactions amongst Residents of Delhi, India: A Prospective Epidemiological Study
- MD/MS Thesis grant from Indian Council of Medical Research
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Indian Association of Social and Preventive Medicine (IAPSM)
- Indian Public Health Association (IPHA)
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Capacity building workshop of the Project ‘ Integration of Maternal, Infant and Young child Nutrition’ in 2018
- A hands-on workshop on Biomedical Research Methodology in 2018.
- Update on Immunization training for Medical officers, 2019
- Introductory course on Research Methodology & Biostatistics, in collaboration with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the Indian Institute of Applied Statistics, in January 2020.
- Organized a workshop on “Efficient, quality-assured data capture using a mobile phone” in January 2021.
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- Workshop on management of ulcers in People living with Leprosy, 7th-10th March 2017.
- CME on RNTCP updates held on 29th May 2018 at ACMS, Delhi Cantt.
- Conference on World Zoonoses day at VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital on 5th July 2018
- National Workshop on Basics of Health Economics at LHMC, Delhi on 31st August 2018.
- Workshop on “Maternal Death Surveillance and Near Miss Review” at MAMC, New Delhi from 6-7th September 2018.
- Workshop on Basic Epidemiology and Biostatistics at PGIMER, Chandigarh from 3rd December 2018 to 15th December 2018
- International Conference on Occupational Health and Environmental Health at LHMC, Delhi from 15th Feb -17th Feb 2019.
- IAPSM National Conference (IAPSMCON 2019) at IGMC, Shimla from 7th March 2019 to 10th March 2019
- Workshop on “Leadership Skills” at LHMC, New Delhi on 7th May 2019
- National Conference on One Health-Anti Microbial Resistance and Diseases of Public Health Importance (Zoonotic Diseases) at VMMC and Safdarjung hospital on 3rd July 2019.
- Workshop on “the Art and Science of Writing a Paper” at Apollo Hospital on 23rd and 24th September 2019
- Advanced Epidemiology and Biostatistics at PGIMER, Chandigarh from 23rd December 2019 to 04th January 2020.
- Delhi State Training on Immunization updates, Rotavirus Vaccination, and Vaccine-Preventable Disease Surveillance.
- Presented an oral presentation at North-Zone IAPSM Conference, Mewat, Haryana, November 2019
- Workshop on “Meta-analysis- From Evidence to Policy” at AIIMS, Delhi on 28th February 2020
- Presented a paper at IPHA National Conference, AIIMS New Delhi, 29th Feb- 2nd March 2020
- Workshop on “Epi-Collect Data collection software” at MAMC, New Delhi, from 6th March 2020 to 7th March 2020
- Attended and conducted training for Infection Prevention and Control in Hospital during CoVID pandemic in March 2020.
- Completed a Certificate Course on ‘Leadership skills during COVID era’ in September 2020
- Completed a course on “The COVID-19 Response in India: Impact on Women and Children’s Health and Wellbeing” by John Hopkin’s University in December 2020.
- Completed the 6th International Course on Public Health Approaches to Noncommunicable Diseases 2021 (Virtual), jointly organized by PGIMER, AIIMS, World NCD Federation & WHO, from March 2021.
- International CME on Public Health Approaches to Noncommunicable Diseases (Theme: Systematic review and Meta-analysis for Evidence-based prevention and control of NCDs) jointly organized by World NCD Federation & IAPSMCON 2021 on 7th March 2021.
- Presented an e-oral paper at IAPSMCON 2021, IAPSM National conference, hosted by PGI Chandigarh