Dr. Alpana Saxena
Professor & HOD, Department of Biochemistry
Reg. Number: DMC-55741
More than 35 years’ experience of teaching undergraduate MBBS & BDS and postgraduate MD students at MAMC, Delhi. Played key role in upgradation of Lok Nayak Hospital Delhi laboratory by introduction of complete automation with state of the art facilities, initiation of new tests and implementation of stringent quality control. Pioneered initiation of molecular diagnostics facility at MAMC, for cancer patients especially centered on myeloproliferative neoplasms (chronic myeloid leukemia) and lung carcinomas. Guided 9 PhD and many MD students as chief supervisor. Principal investigator of many research projects focused on molecular biology of cancer, funded by DST, DBT, ICMR and UGC. Authored more than 60 research publications in reputed international and national journals. Member peer review panel for research projects for SERB, DST. Member peer review panel for research publications for IJMR, ICMR. Fellow, Association of Medical Biochemists of India. Designated professor of excellence in 2018.
Area of Interest
- Main research interest in the molecular biology of cancer with a focus on epigenetics and role of microRNAs. Primary research focus to develop novel molecular biomarkers which could be potentially useful in the clinical management of cancer patients for early diagnosis, prognosis assessment and targeted therapy.
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MBBS||1975||Lady Hardinge Medical College. University of Delhi.||DMC-55741|
|55741||1980||All India Institute of Medical Sciences,New Delhi.||DMC-55741|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Professor of Excellence||HIMSR||31-10-2018||31-10-2018||Retd.|
|Director Professor||HIMSR||17-09-2004||31-10-2018||14 yr. 1 m.|
|Professor||HIMSR||01-12-1991||16-09-2004||12 yr. 9m.|
|Assoc. Professor||HIMSR||05-08-1986||30-11-1991||5 yr. 3m.|
|Asstt. Professor||Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||30-07-1983||04-08-1986||3 yr.|
|Tutor||AIIMS, New Delhi||27-05-1982||29-07-1983||1 yr. 2 m.|
|Senior Resident||Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi||26-09-1980||18-05-1982||1 yr. 7 m.|
- Authored more than 60 research publications in reputed international and national journals.
Research Work & Projects
- Principal investigator of many research projects focused on molecular biology of cancer, funded by DST, DBT and UGC.
- Fellow, Association of Medical Biochemists of India.
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Indian Association of Cancer Research
- Indian Immunology Society
- Association of Medical Biochemists of India
- Association of Clinical Biochemists of India
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- National symposium, “Molecular Medicine Update” organized in 2008, on the occasion of golden jubilee celebrations of Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi.
- National workshop, “Molecular techniques in diagnosis and monitoring of myeloproliferative neoplasms” on 27-28 September 2018.