Dr. Ekta Gupta
MBBS, MD , DNB (Community Medicine)
Assistant professor, Department of Community Medicine
Reg. Number: DMC-48652
Trained public health specialist with wide ranging experience in teaching and training of undergraduate and postgraduate students, patient management, epidemiology, biostatistics along with various areas of health and public policy including maternal and child health, geriatric health & implementing health interventions and health system strengthening.
Area of Interest
- Non-communicable diseases
- Adolescent health
- Biomedical research
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|DNB (Community Medicine)||2016||Gauhati Medical College and Hospital, Gauhati University, Assam||19768||20-09-2018|
|MD (Community Medicine)||2014||Assam Medical College, Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences, Assam||48652||16-09-2020|
|MBBS||2009||Assam Medical College, Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences, Assam||19933||31-03-2010|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||14-03-2009||Till Date||2 years 14 days|
|Assistant Professor||ESIC Medical College and Hospital, Faridabad||25-01-2018||07-03-19||1 year 1 month 14 days|
|Senior Resident||Lady Hardinge Medical College and Hospital||23-12-2014||09-01-18||3 years 18 days|
- Predicting risk of diabetes using Indian Diabetes Risk Score in adult population of Faridabad. Annals of Community Health. March 2021 (Accepted)
- "Immunohistochemistry based molecular sub typing of breast carcinoma in Industrial population in India, Haryana: A correlation with clinicopathological parameters". Middle East Journal of Cancer. 2021 (Accepted)
- 3.Goswami S, Gupta S, Singh M, Gupta E. Adverse Events Following Pneumococcal Vaccination among Infants attending Immunization Clinic at a Tertiary Hospital in Northern India: AEFI following PCV-13". Indian J Community Health 2020;32(3):569-573
- Agarwalla R, Pathak R, Siddiqui A, Panda M, Gupta E, Islam F. A community-based intervention study to assess the effectiveness of awareness imparted on earthquake preparedness among the residents of South Delhi, India. Indian J Community Med 2020;45:375-8.
- Agarwalla R, Jamal A, Gupta E, Pathak R, Panda M, Ahmed F. Assessment of adherence to international standards for tuberculosis care among private practitioners of Delhi. Indian J Respir Care 2020; 9:58-61.
- Singh M, Raina S, Parashar M, Gupta E, Goswami S, Gandhi MK. Is calorie intake the fundamental driver of noncommunicable diseases in India – A systematic review. DOI:10.4103/ijph.IJPH_139_19 PMID:32584299
- Arora S, Ray TK, Gupta E, Joseph B, Arunraj K, Rasania SK. Myths and unhealthy wound practices regarding animal bite among subjects attending anti rabies clinic in a South Delhi municipal corporation polyclinic in Mehrauli, Delhi. Int J Community Med Public Health 2019; 6:4794-8.
- Agarwalla R, Panda M, Gupta E, Balagopalan N, Pathak R. Snapshot of an Improved Maternal Health in India: The Pillars of Strength. Pan Asian J Obs Gyn 2019;2(1):37-42.
- Gupta E, Thakur A, Dixit S. Morbidity pattern and health seeking behaviour of the geriatric population in a rural area of district Faridabad, Haryana: a cross-sectional study. Int J Community Med Public Health 2019;6:1096-101
- Acharya AS, Gupta E, Prakash A, Singhal N. Self-reported Adherence to Medication among Patients with Type II Diabetes Mellitus attending a Tertiary Care Hospital of Delhi. Journal of The Association of Physicians of India. April 2019; Vol. 67: 26-29
- Gupta E, Mahanta TG. Overweight and Obesity and its associated factors among high school students of Dibrugarh, Assam, India: Indian J Comm Health. 2016; 28, 3: 295-299
- Gupta E, Mahanta TG. Risk factor distribution for cardiovascular diseases among high school boys and girls of urban Dibrugarh, Assam: J Family Med Prim Care 2016;5:108-13.
- Katiyar V, Gupta E, Bhuyan RK. Pattern of upper gastrointestinal disorders based on endoscopy in a tertiary care hospital of Assam: A record based study: International Journal of Scientific Research: Volume 3, Issue 6, June 2014.
- Gupta E, Mahanta TG, Sarma R. Prevalence of behavioural risk factors of cardiovascular diseases among high school students in Urban Dibrugarh, Assam: International Journal of Scientific Research: Volume 2, Issue 5, May 2013
- Gupta E, Katiyar V. Study on needle stick injuries among nurses of a tertiary care hospital of Assam: Indian Journal of Applied Research: Volume 3, Issue 7, July 2013
Research Work & Projects
- An interventional study to assess impact of behavior modification therapy versus brief advise for tobacco cessation among adult tobacco users residing in a resettlement colony of Delhi
- A cross-sectional study to assess perception and proportion of sexual harassment among working women in health sector of India – An exploration of facts
- An epidemiological study to assess household transmission and associated risk factors for COVID-19 disease amongst residents of Delhi, India
- Community Based Sero-surveillance and incidence of Dengue among residents of South Delhi, India
- Prevalence of risk factors of cardiovascular diseases among students aged 13 -16 years studying in urban schools of Dibrugarh district, Assam (PG dissertation)
- Pyare Lal Sharma Memorial Award for Best Paper by a young female scientist at IAPSM National Conference in 2014
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Life Member of Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine (IAPSM)
- Life Member of Indian Public Health Association (IPHA)
- Life Member of Epidemiology Foundation of India (EFI)
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- “Hands-on Workshop on Data Analysis” organized by IAPSM- Delhi Chapter & Department of Community Medicine, Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi held on 4th & 5th December 2015.
- Organized and hosted the CME on World Health Day 2015 at Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi.
- CME on World TB day organized at ESIC Medical College and Hospital, Faridabad in March 2018.
- Organized World Health Day Quiz in collaboration with Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine on 2nd April 2019 at HIMSR.
- Organized a Workshop on “Introductory Course on Research Methodology and Biostatistics” under the Dr Padam Singh Research and Development Scheme held on 08/01/2020-09/01/2020 at HIMSR
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- Annual National Conference of IPHA
- National ToT on Elimination of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV (EMTCT)
- Workshop on Pharmacovigilance: A Tool to ensure Drug Safety
- Training on Updated Handbook on Immunization
- Training on Rotavirus vaccine Training Integrated District Health Society, South-east district, Saket, Delhi June 2019
- Recent advances and Updates in National Health Programmes for Major Public Health Problems
- Workshop on Research
- Training workshop on Environmental Health in Disasters and Emergencies
- Newer initiatives in Immunization and vaccine safety
- Training Programme on Capacity building in Survey Research Methodology for researchers and faculty
- Workshop on Basics of Health Economics
- 1st National Conference on Anti-Microbial Resistance and 8th National Conference on Scientific Updates on Diseases of Public Health Importance (Zoonotic Diseases)
- CME on Immunisation Updates
- Qualitative Research Design Workshop in Health Research HIMSR, New Delhi 27th April, 2016
- Annual National Conference of Indian Public Health Association Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun 4th – 6th March, 2016
- “Lifestyle Intervention in Stress related Disorders” Lady Hardinge Medical College. Delhi 20th Feb, 2016
- Hands-on Workshop on Data Analysis Lady Hardinge Medical College. Delhi, 4th & 5th December 2015.
- 2nd National Conference of Family Medicine and Primary Care
- Clinical research for Young Researchers
- Annual National Conference of Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine
- Workshop on “Leadership in Health sector”
- Biomedical waste management training