Dr. Faheem Ahmed
MBBS. , MD, MBA.
Associate professor, Department of Community Medicine
Reg. Number: DMC-25499
I am an energetic, enthusiastic member of my team. I am always eager to learn the new lessons who believe in team work. I take the challenges as opportunity to prove my capabilities at various fronts. Sincerity and honesty lead in my qualities.
Area of Interest
- Communicable diseases – Tuberculosis
- Environmental and occupational Health, Nutrition, Maternal and Child Health
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MD||2015||SRMS Institute of Medical Science Bareilly MJP Rohilkhand University, Bareilly||25499|
|MBA||2012||Alagappa University Karakudi|
|MBBS||2003||Santosh Medical College Ghaziabad CCS University, Meerut||25499|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Associate Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||22-06-2020||Till Date|
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||01-07-2015||21.06.2021||4 years 11 months 21 days|
- A Study on Treatment Outcome of Tuberculosis Patients Registered at Tuberculosis Unit (TU) in Bareilly [U.P.],India, F. Ahmed, D Imtyaz VP Shrotriya, SB Gupta, P Kariwal International Journal of Current Medical And Applied Sciences 6 (3), 174-176, 2015
- Needle Stick Injuries Among Health Care Workers, Dharmendra Kumar Gupta,V K Agrawal, S B Gupta, Faheem AhmedPeople’s Journal of Scientific Research 8 (2), 17-22, 2015
- Knowledge, Practices and Factors Responsible for Needle Stick Injuries among Health Care Workers in a Tertiary Care Hospital of Northern State of India-A cross sectional study, Dharmendra Kumar Gupta, *Faheem Ahmed, V K AgrawalJournal of Medical Erudite 3 (2), 9-21, 2016
- Assessment of adherence to international standards for tuberculosis care among private practitioners of Delhi, R Agarwalla, A Jamal, E Gupta, R Pathak, M Panda, F AhmedIndian Journal of Respiratory Care 9 (1), 58, 2020
- Enhancement of the cancer inhibitory effect of the bioactive food component resveratrol by nanoparticle based delivery, Sameena Bano, Faheem Ahmed, Farha Khan, Sandeep Chand Chaudhary, M. Samim, RSC Food Funct., 2020, 11, 3213
- Targeted delivery of thermoresponsive polymeric nanoparticle-encapsulated lycopene: in vitroanticancer activity and chemopreventive effect on murine skin inflammation and tumorigenesis Sameena Bano, Faheem Ahmed, Farha Khan, Sandeep Chand Chaudhary, M. Samim, RSCAdv., 2020, 10, 16637
- Barriers in compliance to Isoniazid Preventive Therapy among household child contacts of Pulmonary TB Patients – A mixed method study Faheem Ahmed, Tazean Z Malik, Farzan Islam, Areeba Muzaffar Natl J Community Med May 2020; 11(5): 227-231
Research Work & Projects
- PI in Improving Tuberculosis notification and adherence to RNTCP treatment regime by private practitioners – Funded by RNTCP (NTEP)State Task Force (Operational Research)
- Guide in An assessment of adherence to Isoniazid Preventive Therapy among household contacts of Pulmonary Tuberculosis Patients, Delhi. – STS project (ICMR)
- PI in A quantitative and qualitative assessment of adherence to Isoniazid Preventive Therapy among Children Living with Tuberculosis Patients from Delhi, India – Funded by RNTCP (NTEP)Zonal Task Force (Operational Research)
- Co-Guide in a dissertation entitled “To Assess the Effect of Sevelamer on Serum Phosphate and Calcium Levels in Patients of Chronic Kidney Disease on Dialysis”, submitted by Mohd. Nadeem in Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Jamia Hamdard.
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Life Member of Indian Association Preventive and Social Medicine: Membership No. L3499
- Life Member of Indian Public Health Association: Membership No. L/2017/DEL/7568
- Life Member of Epidemiological Foundation of India: Membership No. 01197
Invited Talks and Lectures
- COVID-19: Current Issues and Challenges-Beginning till date" organized by Rufaida College of Nursing, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi on 17th and 18th February 2021.
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- ZTF workshop for the involvement of Medical Colleges under RNTCP (2015), Lucknow
- National workshop on Recent Advances in Physiological Techniques (2016), New Delhi
- Zonal OR Workshop under the mechanism for involvement of Medical Colleges for Comprehensive Tuberculosis Control through Revised National TuberculosisControl Program (RNTCP), 2018, Manali
- CME cum Workshop on Overview of Cervical Lesions and Management Guidelines, 2018, New Delhi
- Maternal death surveillance and response and Near Miss Review, 2018, New Delhi.
- Biomedical Research Methodology A Hands – on Workshop, 2018, New Delhi.
- How to frame an Effective MCQ ?, 2019, New Delhi.
- Stewardship of Medical Colleges in Ending Tuberculosis. 2019, Rishikesh
- Revised Basic Course Workshop in Medical Education Technologies (2019), New Delhi
- Sensitization Programme for Attitude, ethics and Communication (AETCOM) module (2019), New Delhi
- Workshop on Introductory Course on Research Methodology & Biostatistics (2020), New Delhi
- Contraception update & PPIUCD insertion technique (2015) New Delhi
- Elimination of Hepatitis: A global Perspective (2016), New Delhi
- Diagnosis & Management of Depression and Anxiety Disorders 2017, New Delhi.
- CME in Transfusion Medicine. , 2017, New Delhi.
- CME on Neurophysiology. , 2017, New Delhi.
- CME on Women and Diabetes – Our right to healthy future. , 2017, New Delhi.
- CME on Immunization Updates. 2018, New Delhi
- International Conference on Occupational & Environmental Health (2016), New Delhi
- International Conference on Surgical Updates 2017, New Delhi
- International Conference – 2018 on Innovative Health Financing Mechanisms: Making Healthcare Affordable in India, 2018, New Delhi
- 7th International Congress of the Society for Ethnopharmacology, India (SFEC 2020), New Delhi
- 23rd Annual Conference of NZIAPSM 2019, Mewat, Haryana
- 64th Annual National Conference of Indian Public Health Association – IPHACON 2020, New Delhi