Dr. Jagannath Mohapatra
Professor & HOD, Department of Paediatrics
Reg. Number: DMC-71315
Prof. Jagannath Mohapatra is currently heading the Department of Pediatrics and Neonatology of HIMSR, New Delhi. After completion of MD, he joined as coordinator and trainer for medical interns of LHMC, New Delhi in the field of rural health at RHTC, Najafgarh. He worked in the Department of Pediatrics in Safdarjang Hospital and Vardhman Mahavir Medical College since 1991 to 2015 as unit in charge of Pediatric nephrology, Neonatology and General Pediatrics. He remained as active guide for Post graduate research. He is a national trainer for IMNCI and FIMNCI of Govt. of India and trained large number of doctors in north India.
Area of Interest
- Pediatric Nephrology
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MD||1987||VSS Mediacal College, Sambalpur (now VIMSR) Sambalpur University||MCI-7073||31-10-1987|
|MBBS||1977||SCB Medical College, Cuttack Utkal University, Bhubaneswar||MCI-7073||31-10-1978|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||23-03-2021||Till Date|
|Associate professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||19-09-2017||23-03-2021||3 years 6 months|
|Associate Professor & Consultant||Vardhman Mahavir Medial College and Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi||15-04-2010||31-03-2015||4 Years 11 months|
|Assistant Professor||Vardhman Mahavir Medial College and Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi||02-05-2005||14-04-2010||4 Years 11 months|
|Senior Pediatrician & PG Teacher||Vardhman Mahavir Medial College and Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi||25-12-1995||02-05-2005||9 Years 5 months|
- 5 Hydroxy Cholecaliferol levels in infants with hypocalcaemia Seizures R.Mallick, Mohapatra JN, Kabi BC, R. Halder; J.Nitr Food Sci 2014, 4 (3); 1000271.
- Study of vitamin D receptor polymorphism in acute lower respiratory tract infection among hospitalised Indian children;D. Halder,BC Kabi,PR Kamble, M Tripathi, JN Mohapatra,International journal of recent Trends in Science and Technology,2014, 12,( 2); 386-393.
- Cord blood Vitamin D levels in new-borns and its correlation with anthropometric indices of baby- A cross-sectional study JN Mohapatra, Sherpa TSD, Bedi N; Indian J Child Health, 2018, 9:(23), 1-3.
- Association of Serum Vitamin D levels and recurrent wheezing in children,Khan A,Yadav J, Debata D, Mohapatra J,Kabi B;J of Clinical & diagnostic Research; 2018, October, Volume 12(10),SC006-SC009.
- Assessment of knowledge and practices of mothers about infant feeding; A hospital based study; Mishra V, Mohapatra JN, Debata P; J of Clinical& Diagnostic Research, 2020 Jan, Vol-14(1): SC01-SC05.
- Outcome analysis of a newly set upPediatric intensive care unit in a teaching hospital of north India, Chakravorty A, Mohapatra JN, Garg G,Kumar S; Int J contemp Peditr 2019; 6:2147-51.
- Vitamin D deficiency among hospitalised infants with acute lower respiratory tract infection, Pratima K Ambedkar SN,Mohapatra JN; Int j Contemp Peditr 2020;7: 1589-92.
- Unusual cardiac manifestation of Hepatitis A in children: A Khan, A Chakravarty,J Mohapatra: I J of child Health, 7 (12)500-502,2020
Research Work & Projects
- Vitamin Deficiency among Children (2010 to 2015)
- PCV Vaccine Trial Research (2018 to 2020)
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics (Life Member) IAP , Delhi Chapter
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- MCI AETCOM Training Workshop
- MCI Revised Basic Course in Medical Education workshop
- IAP Delhi Chapter Conferences Monthly & Annual
- IAP National Conference 2019, 2018