Dr. Kafeel Khan
MBBS, MS Orthopedics
Assistant professor, Department of Orthopedics
Reg. Number: DMC-101116
Area of Interest
- Orthopedic Traumatology, Pediatric Orthopedics, Arthroplasty
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MBBS||2012||University of Jammu||DMC-101116|
|MS(Orthopedics)||2018||Sher-I-Kashmir Institute Of Medical Sciences, Srinagar||DMC-101116|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||05-05-2022||Present|
|Senior Resident||SKIMS, MCH, Srinagar||29-09-2018||31-12-2021||3 Years 3Months|
- Assessment of Vitamin D status in general population of Kashmir Valley of Indian subcontinent. Healthline: An official publication of Indian Association of Preventive & Social Medicine. 2022;13(1):67-73
- Pediatric femoral neck fractures: Our Institutional experience of 5 years. International Journal of Recent Surgical and Medical Sciences (Thieme Publications). IJRSMS-2021-12-10-(297). DOI: 10.1055/s-0042-1751064
- The Treatment of Compound Multiple Metatarsal Fractures of Foot using the Induced Membrane Technique: Case Report. International Journal of Contemporary Medical Research 2018; 5(6): F1-F3
- The Treatment of Infected Non-Union of long bones using the two staged Masquelet Technique. International Journal of advances in Orthopedics. Vol I, Issue III, Nov 2018
- Congenital Insensitivity to pain and Musculoskeletal Involvement: A Case Report and a Mini Review. Ortho Res Online J. 4(1). OPROJ.000576.2018
- Unstable fractures of the lateral end clavicle in young adults: Is fixation with pre contoured clavicular locking plate without Coraco-clavicular augmentation an answer?. JK- Practitioner- A journal of current clinical medicine and surgery. Volume 23, No.3-4, July-December, 2018: 37-42
- Freiberg’s disease: experience with dorsal closing wedge osteotomy of the metatarsal. JK- Practitioner- A journal of current clinical medicine and surgery. Volume 23, No.3-4, July-December, 2018
- Surgical resection of Haglund deformity by lateral approach: Our institutional experience on 29 heels. Int J Res Orthop. 2018Jul;4(4):595-600
- Short Term Outcome in Primary Uncemented Total Hip Arthroplasty in Femoral Neck Fractures. International Journal of Scientific Research. Volume: VII, Issue: I, January – 2018
- Comparison of Arthroscopic Transtibial and Transportal Techniques of Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Reconstruction by a Single Bundle (SB) Quadrupled Hamstring Graft. International Journal of Contemporary Medical Research. 2018; 5(2): B3-B8
- Musculoskeletal Tuberculosis: Two Year Experience at a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital of Northern India and Review of Literature. J Commun Dis 2017; 49(4):1-8
- Relation of age, body weight and BMI with bone mineral density (BMD) at spine, proximal femur and total body BMD in postmenopausal Kashmiri women: a study of 165 cases. J Contemp Med 2017; 7(3): 246-253
- Patch testing in hand eczema: a cross-sectional study from a teaching hospital in of North India. Int J Res Med Sci. 2018 Feb; 6(2):567-571
- Keratosis Follicularis Spinulosa Decalvans. Journal of Pakistan Association of Dermatologists. 2016; 26 (3):260-261
- Adverse cutaneous drug reactions-- A Clinico-demographic study in a tertiary care teaching hospital of the Kashmir Valley, India. Arch Iran Med. 2015 Apr; 18(4):228-33
- Normative Cervical Spinal Canal and Spinal Cord Dimensions on MRI in Kashmiri Adults. International Journal of Contemporary Medical Research. Vol 2(5); 2015:1251-1253
- Prevalence and hormonal profile of polycystic ovary syndrome in young Kashmiri women presenting with hirsutism: A hospital based study. Iran J Dermatology. 2015; 18:1-5
- Serum Copper and Ceruloplasmin levels in systemic sclerosis and various types of Morphea in Kashmir valley. J Pakistan Association of Dermatologists. 2015; 25(1):9-11
Invited Talks and Lectures
- Presented a paper titled—The treatment of Infected Non Union of long bones using the two staged Masquelet technique, at 22nd Post graduation research presentation programme-2018, SKIMS Soura
- Presented a paper entitled “The Treatment of Open Multiple Metatarsal fractures of the foot using the induced membrane technique” at the 1st JK Chapter Orthopedic Association, JKOACON 2018 held on 29th, 30th June at SKIMS MCH, Bemina, Srinagar
- Presented a paper entitled “The Masquelet Method—Current status” at the 1st JK Chapter Orthopedic Association, JKOACON 2018 held on 29th, 30th June at SKIMS MCH, Bemina, Srinagar
- Delivered a lecture titled “Biomechanics of acetabulum and acetabular injuries” in the 1st SKIMS Connect Cadaveric workshop on Pelviacetabular fractures” held in the SKIMS Medical College on 3rd July 2019.
- Delivered a lecture on “Recent Advances in Proximal tibial fracture management” in the “2nd SKIMS Ortho Connect workshop on Proximal tibial fractures” held in SKIMS Medical College on the 8th of April 2021.
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- • Participated in the 1st refresher training on Ponsetti technique in August 2015, held at SKIMS Medical College, Srinagar by CURE Club foot, J&K.
- • Actively participated in the 2nd refresher training on clubfoot management (CURE International India) in Feb 2017 held at Government medical college, Jammu.
- • Participated in the 19th MAMC Orthopedics PG Instructional course held at Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi in November 2017
- • Actively participated in the JK Orthopedic Association (JKOA) workshop on plaster techniques in June 2019, held at Govt Medical College Baramulla, Kashmir.
- • Actively participated in the 4th refresher training/CME on Ponsetti method of clubfoot management organized by CIT and SKIMS Medical College, Bemina, Srinagar on 20th July 2019.
- • Completed the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) self- assessment examination on “Adult Reconstructive surgery of the hip and knee” in 2019.