Dr Khaja Naseeruddin
MBBS, DLO, MS (ENT), FIAO.
Professor & HOD, Department of ENT & Head And Neck Surgery
Reg. Number: DMC 74798
Prof. Khaja Naseeruddin has being working in the department of ENT-HNS in HIMSR for the past 5 years. He has a total teaching experience of more than 39 years in various capacities including Dean, Director and Joint Director, Govt of Karnataka. He has been a UG and PG teacher and has guided PhD students as well. He was awarded Fellowship of Indian Academy of Otolaryngology in 2004. He has various publications in National and International peer reviewed journal, has presented many papers and has been a panelist in National and International conferences. He has organized several CMEs, workshops and conferences. He was nominated for the “Cambridge Blue Book International Man of the Year Award” in 2009 by International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, UK and nominated one of the “Top 100 Health Professionals” in 2011 & in 2012 by the International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England.
Area of Interest
- Head & Neck Oncology
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MS ENT||1981||Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore University||KMC-13402|
|DLO||1978||Mysore Medical College, Mysore University||KMC-13402|
|MBBS||1976||Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore University||KMC-13402|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Prof & Head||HIMSR. New Delhi||25-02-2016||Till Date|
|Dean/ Principal & Professor||KIMS Mangalore, Karnataka||01-12-2014||01-02-2016||1 Year 3 Months|
|Professor & Head||SDUMC/SriDevraraj Urs University, Kolar, Karnataka||1-09-2012||29-11-2014||2 Years 3 Months|
|Principal/Dean & Professor||Navodaya Medical College, Raichur||17-01-2011||31-07-2012||1 year 6 Months|
|Joint Director of Medical Education||Govt. of Karnataka, Bangalore||05-08-2008||31-12-2010||2 Years 6 Months|
|Director & Professor||Vijayanagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellary||21-08-2005||04-08-2008||3 Years|
|Professor & Head||Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli||01-04-1995||20-08-2005||10 Years 6 Months|
|Professor||Karnataka Medical College, Hubli||05-10-1993||31-03-1995||1 Year 6 Months|
|Assistant Professor||Mysore Medical College, Mysore||19-02-1988||04-10-1993||5 Years 6 Months|
|Lecturer||Govt. Medical College, Bellary||03-03-1982||18-02-1988||6 Years|
- 1. Pyriform Fossa Schwannoma: A rare case report. SRZJ Khaja Naseeruddin,Seema Monga, Junaid Malik, Ratna Priya International Journal of Recent Scientific Research Research,,, June, 2017 8 …
- Invasive sinonasal Pseudallescheriasis in a non- immunocompraised patient in India Journal of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery in March to June 2001 53(2), 148-150
- Sublabial approach to sinonasal juvenile ossifying fibroma in international journal of paediatric Otolaryngology in June 2002.64(3),239-242
- Extensive cervicofacial actinomycosis with malignancy of the oral cavity a diagnostic and therapeutic challenge in Indian Journal of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery 2005.53(2), 148-150
- Multicenter clinical trial on a novel polyherbal formulation in allergic rhinitis – International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology Research, USA 2004.
- Combined tuning Fork Tests in Hearing loss – Explorative clinical study of the patterns in Journal of Otolaryngology, Vol. 33, No. 4, August 2004 (International Journal).
- Sino-orbital Chloroma Presenting as unilateral proptosis in a boy – International Journal of Paediatric Otorhinolaryngology – 2005 69(11) 1595 – 1598.
- Complications in primary and secondary acquired cholesteatoma: a prospective comparative study of 62 ears. American Journal of Otolaryngology, January 2008.29(1), 1-6
- Clinico-epidemiological study of complicated and uncomplicated chronic suppurative otitis media. The Journal of Laryngology & Otology, May 2008
- Cortical mastoidectomy in quiescent, tubotympanic, chronic otitis media: Is it routinely necessary? The Journal of Laryngology & Otology (2009)123. 383 -390.
- Lateral Sinus Thrombosis in Otology: a Review. Mediterranean Journal of Hematology and Infectious Diseases. September 2010.
- Fungal infections of the ear in immunocompromised patients: A Review. Mediterranean Journal of Hematology and Infectious Diseases. January 2011.3(1), 2011003
- Tuberculosis in Otorhinolaryngological Practice published in conference issue of 65th National Conference of Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases at Bangalore in January- 2011.
- Nonseptic and Septic Lateral Sinus Thrombosis: A Review. Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery 2011.66(1), 10-15
- Schwannoma of Parapharyngeal Space. International Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery May-August 2012.3(2), 118-120
- Conservative Management of Otogenic Brain Abcess with Surgical Management of Attico Antral Ear Disease: A Review. Indian Journal of Otolaryngology-Head and neck surgery. April-June 201264(2), 113-119
- Sensorineural Hearing Loss in Complicated Cholesteatomatous Ear Disease. Reaserch in Otolaryngology. 2014 3(2), 29-35
- Complications of Atticoantral Otitis Media- Revisited. Advances in Research. July 2014.
- A clinical study of age related hearing loss among diabetes patients. Indian Journal of Otology. 20(4). October 2014.
- Gustatory function in chronic otitis media (mucosal type) before and after tympanoplasty; A Krishna, SV Babu, SMA Mohiyuddin, K Naseeruddin European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology 274 (1), 95-99.
- Temporal bone carcinoma mimicking as malignant otitis externa Seema Monga, A P Sharma,Junaid Malik, S Rasool, Ratna Priya, DR Khaja Naseeruddin Global journal of otolaryngology
- Management of sudden sensorineural hearing loss: our experience Ratna Priya, Junaid Mailk, Seema Monga, Shahid Rasool, Humra Shamim, Khaja Naseerudin Global Journal of otolaryngology 2019;19(2):1-3
- Primary tubercular otomastoiditis : A diagnostic dilemma and case report Seema Monga, Ratna Priya, Junaid Nasim Malik, Arun Sharma, Shahid Rasool, Khaja Naseeruddin. International Journal of Scientific Research. July 2019
- Bell’s palsy: our experience and review of 30 cases. Ratna Priya, Seema Monga, Junaid Nasim Malik, Arun Sharma, Shahid Rasool, Humra Shamim, Khaja Naseeruddin Otorhinolaryngology and Head and neck surgery. May 2019
- Mucocele of the frontal sinus revisited. Seema Monga, Junaid Malik, Ratna Priya, Khaja Naseeruddin. Polish Otorhinolaryngology Review 2020; 9 (2) : 1-5; 10.5604/01.3001.0014.1998
- Cholesteatoma and facial canal dehiscence: A comparative prospective study Shahid Rasool, Richa Garg, Ayushi Tondon, Shreya Khatri, Ratna Priya, Junaid malik, Seema Monga , Khaja Naseeruddin American Journal of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and neck surgery March 2020;3(2):1-5
Research Work & Projects
- Guided 64 PG Thesis towards Partial fulfilment for the Award of MS Otorhinolaryngology in various topics in the medical colleges served.
- Guided Ph.D candidate thesis: changing disease patterns & controversies in the management of csom
- Guided Ph.D candidate changing trends in clinical presentations and management of atticoantral type of chronic suppurative otitis mediawith complications.
- Awarded the founder fellowship of Indian Academy of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery (FIAO) at Kolkata in January 2004.
- Nominated for the “Cambridge Blue Book International Man of the Year Award” in 2009 by International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, (United Kingdom)
- Awarded state level Outstanding Services Award in the field of Medical Education by Parivar Sansthe, Dharwad in May 2007.
- Awarded Commendation card by Indian Medical Association, Bellary branch on Doctor’s Day in July 2007.
- Nominated as “Leading Health Professional of the World 2010” by the International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England.
- Nominated as one of the “Top 100 Health Professional 2011” by the International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England.
- Nominated for the “Best Principal Performance Award” in 2012 by the Global Achievers Foundation, New Delhi.
- Given the honor to edit the chapter on Medical Education Published in the ‘Karnataka Gazetteer-2012’.
- Nominated as one of the “Top 100 Health Professionals of 2012” by the International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Life member All India Rhinology Society
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Medical Association and IMA – AMS Hubli.
- Association of Otolaryngologists of India (AOI).
- Indian Society of Otology (ISO).
- Association of Paediatric Otolaryngologists of India (APOI).
- Neuro – Otological & Equilibriometric Society of India (NES).
- Association of Phono-Surgeons of India
- Indian Academy of Allergy.
- Foundation for Head & Neck Oncology (FHNO).
- Life Associate – Muslim Association of Advancement of Sciences (MAAS), New Delhi.
- Member, Board of Studies, Karnataka University Dharwad, 1995- 1999.
- Member, Board of Studies, UG Clinical, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science (RGUHS), Bangalore, 2000 – 2003.
- Member, PG Clinical Board of Studies, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science (RGUHS), Bangalore, 2003 – 2006.
- Ex-Officio Member of the Karnataka Medical Council, Bangalore
- Ex-Officio Member of the Karnataka Medical Council, Bangalore
- Member, PhD committee, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science (RGUHS), Bangalore 2006 - 2010.
- Member, PG selection committee Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science (RGUHS), Bangalore, 2008 - 2010
- Member, Para Medical Board, Karnataka State, 2008 - 2010.
- Member, Academic Council, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore – 2011 -2012
- Member Academic Council, Sri Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher Education & Research 2013-2014.
- Member, Ph D committee RGUHS Bangalore since 2014- 2015
- Member, Academic Council, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi since March 2016 till date.
- Member, Board of studies, Faculty of science, Jamia Hamdard- 2018-19
- Member, Institutional Board of Studies, HIMSR
- Member, University Court, Central University of Kashmir from 2019 till date.
- Chairman Departmental Board of Studies in Otorhinolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, HIMSR
Invited Talks and Lectures
- Prof. ( Dr.) Khaja Naseeruddin Chaired a session in AOICON conference on 28 th August 2022 in MAMC.
- Management of Atticoantral disease at AOI Mangalore branch in 1993.
- Recidivism in cholesteatoma at AOI Goa branch in 1997.
- Sub-labial approach to maxillectomy at Goa branch in 1998.
- Tumors of the Head and Neck in Paediatric age group at FHNO meet at Miraj in 2002.
- Delivered several guest lectures at IMA branches on different subjects all over Karnataka.
- Deep Neck Space Infections at KSHEMA, Mangalore, in April 2004.
- Tumors of Nose and Paranasal Sinuses at KMC, Manipal in October 2005.
- Guest Lecture on Stridor in Infants and Children at Basaveshwara Medical College, Chitradurga in August 2007.
- Chief Discusser at Clinicopathological conference of a case protocol during the Karnataka State Conference of AOI held at Hubli in May – 2005.
- Tuberculosis in Otorhinolaryngological Practice at 65th National Conference of Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases at Bangalore in January- 2011, published in conference issue.
- Invited lecture on Bioethics in Surgical Practice at AOIKCON held at Manipal- August 2013
- Delivered a Guest Lecture on “Tumours of Head and Neck in Pediatric age group” at state level PG Teaching Programme/Workshop in Head & Neck Oncology’ at SDUAHER, Kolar in Feb, 2014.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture on “Tumours of Head and Neck in Pediatric age group” at South zone conference of AOI held at Bangalore in October 2014.
- Delivered an Invited lecture on “Bioethics in surgical practice” at AOICON 2015 held at Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Organized monthly Clinical meeting of AOI Delhi state branch on 16th Dec. 2022
- Chaired a session on Allergic Rhinitis on 8 th Oct. 2022 at RHINOCON 2022 held at MAMC Auditorium New Delhi.
- Joint Organizing Secretary, 41st National conference of AOI at Mysore in1989.
- Organizing Secretary, Head & Neck Oncology CME cum Workshop at Mysore in 1992
- Treasurer, South Zone conference of AOI, Mysore in 1993.
- Organizing Secretary, Head & Neck Oncology/CME cum Workshop at KIMS, Hubli in May 1995.
- Organizing Secretary, Otology Live Surgery workshop at KIMS, Hubli in 1997.
- Organizing Chairman, KARMEX – 99 at KIMS, Hubli in June 1999.
- Course Director, Live FESS workshop at KIMS, Hubli in 2001.
- Course Director, Live Rhinoplasty workshop at KIMS, Hubli in 2002.
- Course Director, Orientation of PHC Medical Officers in Disability Management for 31 batches at KIMS, Hubli in 2003 – 2004 in collaboration with Rehabilitation Council of India and All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysore.
- Course Director, Hands-On Head & Neck Oncology workshop at KIMS, Hubli in 2003.
- Course Director, Live Endoscopic Otology workshop at KIMS, Hubli in 2004.
- Organizing Chairman, 23rd Karnataka State AOI conference at KIMS, Hubli from May 27 – 29, 2005.
- Organized an Administrative Workshop for Deans, Directors and Medical Superintendents of the Government Medical Colleges and Autonomous Medical Institutes of Karnataka, February 2010.
- Organized a State level CME - PG Teaching Programme in Head and Neck Oncology on Feb 14th and 15th, 2014 at Sri Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher Education, Kolar, Karnataka.
- Organized a live surgical workshop on Endoscopic ear surgery on April 16th & 17th 2014 at Sri Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher Education, Kolar,Karnataka.
- Organized a Live Surgical Workshop on Head & Neck Oncology on August 22nd & 23rd 2014 at Sri Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher Education, Kolar, Karnataka
- Organized CME/ Symposium on Diagnosis and Management of Thyroid Malignancies on 18th Nov.2017 at HIMSR New Delhi.
- Organized CME on Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS) on 2nd Nov 2019 at HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi.
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- Attended Annual National Conference of AOI ifrom 28th to 31st January 2016 held in Gurgaon, Haryana.
- Attended Annual National Conference of FHNO FROM 12TH TO 15TH October2016 at New Delhi.
- Attended CME/Symposium on Diagnosis &Management of Thyroid Malignancies on 18th November 2017 at HIMSR New Delhi.
- Attended Annual National Conference of AOI from 2nd to 5th Feruary January 2017 held at Kolkatta.
- Attended Live Surgical Workshop on Sialendoscopy at Sir Gangaram Hospital on 4th Feb 2018 at New Delhi.
- Attended the CME on Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery at HIMSR ON 2ND November 2019 at HIMSR.