Dr (Prof) Amit Sharma
MBBS, MD (Forensic Medicine)
Professor & HOD, Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
Reg. Number: DMC/R-1008
Dr (Prof) Amit Sharma pursued MBBS & MD in Forensic Medicine working as professor & Head in the Department of Forensic Medicine in HIMSR, New Delhi
Area of Interest
- Medical Jurisprudence
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MD (Forensic Medicine)||2007||Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi University||DMC/R-1008||17-01-2021|
|MBBS||2001||University college of Medical Sciences, Delhi University||DMC/R-1008||17-01-2003|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||29-02-2019||Till Date|
|Associate Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||14-11-2014||28-02-2019||4 Years 3 Monhs|
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||07-02-2011||13-11-2014||3 Years 9 Months|
|Assistant Professor||Saveetha Medical College, Chennai||06-10-2010||06-02-2011||4 Months|
|Senior Resident||Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi University||03-08-2007||02-08-2010||3 Years|
|Demonstrator||Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi University||25-05-2004||25-01- 2007||3 years|
- Rani, M., Rohit, Sharma, A. and Dikshit, P.C. Injuries by Bull Horns: Patterns And Prevention Protocols. Anil Aggrawal's Internet Journal of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology [serial online], 2010; 11 (1): about 26 p. Print ISSN: 0972-8066.
- Sharma A. understanding the problem of undescended testes with a case report. Intl J Med Toxicol & Leg Med. 2010; 12(3): 32-35.
- Sharma A. Acute Myocardial Infarction related to blunt Thoracic Trauma: Review of literature with two case reports. J Indian Acad Forensic Med,2010; 32(2). 165-67.
- Sharma, A, Dikshit, P C, Aggrawal, A, Mandal A K. A Postmortem Study of histopathological findings to determine the age of abrasion and laceration. Journal of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology Vol. 27 No. 1, Jan-June 2011: p 43-47.
- Sharma A, Khanna SK, Aggrawal A, Mandal AK. A HISTOPATHOLOGICAL STUDY TO DETERMINE THE AGE OF CONTUSION. J Punjab Acad Forensic Med Toxicol 2011; 10(1): 17-19.
- Sharma A. Acute Copper sulphate poisoning: A case report and review of literature. Indian Journal of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology. 2010; 4(2)
- Sharma A, Rani A, Barwa J. Traumatic Asphyxial Deaths Due to an Uncontrolled Crowd at Railway station- 2 case reports. J Indian Acad Forensic Med, 2010;32(3): 254-56.
- Sharma A, Prasad K, Rani A. Fatal acute Carbon Monoxide poisoning: 2 case reports. International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Legal Medicine. 2010; 13(2): 27-30.
- Sharma A., Ragavana S. Social Networking and Medical Professionalism. J Med Sci Research. 2011; 1 (2): 69-70.
- Sharma A. Rickshaw scarf strangulation. Med Leg J, 2015 83: 109-10. Print ISSN: 0025-8172; Online ISSN: 2042-1834
- Ozair F F, Jamshed N , Sharma A , Aggarwal P. Ethical issues in electronic health records: A general overview. Perspectives in Clinical Research 2015; 6 (2): 73-6. ISSN: 2229-3485
- Sharma A, Baluja Z. Therapeutic Effects of Glycine Max (Soybean): A Summary. International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Biosciences.2015; 2: 22-7.
- Sharma A. Carbon monoxide poisoning in our homes – report of two survivors from North India. Med Leg J. 2016; 84(2):87-89.
- P.C. Dikshit, Amit Sharma, Shahina. Profile of medico legal cases in Hamdard institute of medical institute and associate hospital New Delhi. IJFMP. 2016; 9 (4):215-18.
- Amit Sharma, Shahina, P.C. Dikshit. Case Scenario Based Teaching in Forensic Medicine to Improve Student Learning. IJFMP. 2017; 10 (2):67-72.
- Shahina, Amit Sharma. A retrospective study of pattern of external injuries in road traffic accidents- at HAH Centenary hospital, New Delhi. IJFMP. 2018; 11 (2):61-63.
- Spontaneous Rupture of Spleen in Pregnancy- A rare case report and review of literature. In Anil Aggrawal's Internet Journal of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology. Print ISSN: 0972-8066.
- First Prize in Poster presentation titled Forensic prospects of Next Generation Sequencing technology in 6th International conference on Legal Medicine, Medical Negligence & Litigation in Medical Practice, held at Khajuraho from 26-28 Feb 2015.
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Editorial Board Member of Austin Journal of Forensic Science and Criminology
- Editorial Board Member of Indian Journal of Forensic Medicine and Pathology (IJFMP)’ ISSN : 0974-3383.
- Editorial Board Member of Indian Journal of Medical and Health Sciences (IJMHS) ISSN 2347-9981.
- Member of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine.
- Member of Karnataka Medico-legal Association
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Organizing Secretary of CME on Medico-Legal issues organized by Department of Forensic Medicine, HIMSR, on 2nd May, 2013.
- Member of organizing committee ISARCON 2015 organized by department of medical Biochemistry, HIMSR from 29th-31st Oct, 2015