Dr. Rashmi Prakash
MBBS, MD, DNB PSYCHIATRY
Assistant professor, Department of Psychiatry
Reg. Number: DMC/R/5841
I have an overall experience of working for 17 years in medical field and around 10 years of experience in psychiatry. I have experience in various areas such as Child, Adult as well as Geriatric Psychiatry. In my career I have worked in various government hospitals as well as private hospitals. This vast exposure has given me different experiences and great learning opportunities.
Currently I am involved with the OPD and In-patient services as well as teaching responsibilities of Medical and paramedical students. I believe we should be strong communicator and provide patients with the information regarding their health and allow them time to clear their doubts. I enjoy collaboration with fellow colleagues and believe in team work.
I am determined to give positive contribution to my field and provide as much as benefits to my patients.
Area of Interest
- General adult psychiatry
- Child and Deaddiction Psychiatry
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|DNB Psychiatry||2016||National Board of examination||DMC/R/5841||16-08-2015|
|MD Psychiatry||2014||Maulana Azad Medical College||DMC/R/5841||16-08-2015|
|MBBS||2009||University College of Medical Sciences||DMC/R/5841||04-01-2010|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||20-12-2017||Till Date||1 year 4 months|
|Senior Resident||Lady Hardinge Medical College||27-08-2015||01-07-2017||1 year 9 months|
|Senior Resident||Maulana Azad Medical College||30-06-2014||25-08-2015||1 year 3 months|
- Prakash R Aggarwal N. A Cross sectional study of prevalence of tobacco use and its correlates in psychiatric in–patients. International J of Scientific Research: Home; Volume : VII, Issue : V, May – 2018
- Aggarwal N, Prakash R, Jose N. A cross-sectional study of serum folate and vitamin B12 levels in psychiatric in-patients. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2019;21(0):19 Corresponding Author: Dr Rashmi Prakash
- Maqusood S, Prakash R, Jiloha RC .To study the Socio-Demographic correlates and association between Level of Tobacco Dependence and Severity of Depression. J Advanced Research in Psychology and Psychotherapy.2020 Corresponding Author: Dr Rashmi Prakash, (Under peer review)
- Prakash R Aggarwal N. Sudden weight gain induced by olanzapine in a child: Case report Vol: VII, Issue: III, March 2018
- Prakash R Aggarwal N. Meditation Induced Psychosis: Case Report. Asian J Psychiatry. 2018
- Elhwadi D, Prakash R, Gupta M. The Menacing Side of Valproate: A Case Series of Valproate-induced Hyperammonemia. Indian J Psychol Med. 2017 Sep-Oct; 39(5): 668–670.
- Tiwari S, Prakash R, Ramesh OS. Sexual Satisfaction Among Spouses Of Subjects With Substance Use Disorders. Indian J Psychiatry 2017 Jan; 59(Suppl 2): S220–S250.
- Tiwari S, Prakash R, Prasaad S. Probability And Predictors Of First Treatment Contact For Mood And Anxiety Disorders In The Psychiatric Department Of A Tertiary Care Hospital. Indian J Psychiatry 2017 Jan; 59(Suppl 2): S220–S250.
- Tiwari S, Prakash R, Kataria D. Socio-demographic Profile, Psychiatric Comorbidities, And Treatment Seeking Behavior Among Substance Abusers Attending A Drug De-addiction Centre. Indian J Psychiatry 2017 Jan; 59(Suppl 2): S220–S250.
Research Work & Projects
- An International study to assess inpact of behavior modification therapy versus brief advice for tobacco cessation among tobacco users residing. “INDIAN COUNCIL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH” Affiliated Project Co investigator in collaboration with Community Medicine Department.2020 (Ongoing)
- A Study to evaluate the effectiveness of efficacy of Nutool therapy with Roghan-e-Gul on the diagnosed patients of migraine (without Aura) attending HAHC Hospital in Migraine patients. In collaboration with Unani Medicine Department of Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research.2020 (Ongoing)
- COVID-19 Pandemic: Assessment of anxiety status and perception of E – learning amongst first year undergraduate medical students . In collaboration with Physiology Department of Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research.2020(Ongoing)
- To study the prevalence of eating disorders and their association with insulin resistance in diabetic population. In collaboration with Biochemistry department Department of Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research.2020.
- A comparative clinical study to assess the efficacy, and safety of anti anxiety agents with respect to clinical manifestations and disease biomarkers in patients with anxiety disorders 2020
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Indian Association of Private Psychiatrist Since 2017
Invited Talks and Lectures
- World Patient Safety Day, Sept 2020, on ‘Healthcare Worker Safety’ on World Patient Safety Day, HIMSR, New Delhi
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Annual North Zone Indian Psychiatric Society Conference, New Delhi, India 2013
- Golden Jubilee CME, Department of Psychiatry, MAMC, G B Pant Hospital 2015 New Delhi, India
- CME titled “Revisiting Women’s Mental Health” Department of Psychiatry, Lady Hardinge Medical College,2015 New Delhi, India
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- 3rd Revised Basic Course Workshop in Medical Education Technologies, Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Medical Education Unit. (6th – 9th April 2021)
- Certified in Advanced Hypnotic Modalities- California Hypnosis Institute, California USA, 04/2018
- Workshop on Psychotherapy In Routine Clinical Practice in India by (Prof Salman Akhtar, Fellow APA , Philadelphia USA) 11-12/02/2017
- Workshop on EEG at Neurology Department, St. Stephan Hospital, New Delhi, 03-04/12/2016
- Annual National conference of Indian Psychiatric Society 2016
- Global Conference of Biological Psychiatry, India 2016
- CME titled “Violence in Clinical Psychiatry” Department of Psychiatry, Lady Hardinge Medical College 2015
- CME titled “Revisiting Women’s Mental Health” Department of Psychiatry, Lady Hardinge Medical College 2015
- Training in bio-medical waste management from Centre for Occupational & Environmental Health, Lady Hardinge Medical College), New Delhi, 07/09/2015
- Golden Jubilee CME, Department of Psychiatry, MAMC, G B Pant Hospital 2015