Dr Shalini Kumar
Associate professor, Department of Medical Education Unit
Reg. Number: DMC/R/2263
Dr Shalini Kumar received her MBBS degree from the prestigious Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC), Delhi University in 2004 and her MD in Anatomy from the University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS), Delhi University in 2010. She worked as senior resident in UCMS & LHMC before joining the Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Hamdard University as Assistant Professor in 2012. She is currently working as an Associate Professor in the department of Anatomy in same institute i.e. HIMSR, Delhi. At HIMSR she also serves as member as well as an adjunct faculty in Medical Education. She has also done an Advanced Course in Medical Education .She is a Life member of Anatomical society of India (ASI) and Electron microscopic society of India (EMSI). She has published many research papers in national and international journals. She is also guiding postgraduates in her institute. She has also been awarded an ‘Outstanding Faculty in Anatomy’ of 6th Venus International Science and Technology Awards (VISTA 2020).
Area of Interest
- Gross Human Anatomy
- Medical education
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MBBS||2004||Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi University||DMC/R/2263||04-01-2005|
|MD (Anatomy)||2010||University College of Medical Sciences||DMC/R/2263||04-01-2005|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Associate Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||2019||Till Date|
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||2012||2019||7 Years|
|Senior Resident||UCMS & LHMC||2010||2012||2 Years|
- Insight of the Knot of Henry: A Case Report. Shalini Kumar, Adil Asghar, Farah Kausar, Ashar Imam, Khalid Mehmood and Ram Prakash. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS) e-ISSN: 2279-0853, p-ISSN: 2279-0861.Volume 9, Issue 1 (Jul. - Aug. 2013), PP 48-50.
- An anomalous origin of accessory head of flexor digitorum profundus in forearm: A rare variant. Shalini Kumar, Ranjana Verma, R.D. Mehra; May 2016, Journal of the Anatomical Society of India, May 2016, DOI:10.1016/j.jasi.2016.04.001.
- The anatomical perspective of human occipital condyle in relation to the hypoglossal canal, condylar canal, and jugular foramen and its surgical significance. Ranjana Verma, Shalini Kumar, R.D. Mehra, Journal of craniovertebral junction and spine, October 2016 7(4):244; DOI:10.4103/0974-8237.193258.
- Morphological and Morphometric Analysis of Hypoglossal Canal in North Indian Dry Skulls and It’s Significance in Cranial Base Surgeries. Shalini Kumar, Ranjana Verma, Arpita Mahajan Rai, Raj D Mehra; J Clin Diagn Res. 2017 Mar; 11(3): AC08–AC12. Published online 2017 Mar. doi: 10.7860/JCDR/2017/24333.9365
- Morphologic and morphometric analysis of human occipital condyle and its importance in craniovertebral surgeries. RanjanaVerma,.Mansoor, S.Kumar. Journal of the Anatomical Society of India Volume 65, Supplement 2, September 2016, Page S11.doi.org/10.1016/j.jasi.2016.08.041
- Evaluation of osteologic parameters of jugular foramen and its significance with respect to expanded endoscopic endonasal approach. Arpita Mahajan, Ranjana Verma, Shalini Kumar, Raj D. Mehra. Eur J Anat, 21 (3): 225-233 (2017)
- Students’ perception of vertical integration for topics of applied anatomy. Shalini Kumar, Musharraf Hussain .Journal of the Anatomical Society of India,68(4):295-298(2019)
- Variations in the gluteal region and its clinical significance – A cadaveric study. Shalini Kumar, Priyanka Rana, Shayama Kumari Razdan. Indian Journal of Clinical Anatomy and Physiology,7(4):346-349(2020)
- Accepted for publication -Early Clinical Exposure as perceived by Ist year MBBS students during online sessions – A necessity in Covid Era. Shalini Kumar .Journal of Education Technology in Health Sciences,7(3)
Research Work & Projects
- Morphometric analysis of upper and lower end of Humerus(Ongoing)
- Morphometric analysis of Human Lung(Ongoing)
- Morphometric study of Human placenta & Insight into its Vascular Pattern by Corrosion cast technique(Completed)
- Morphometric Analysis of Macula in different age groups & gender in Indian adult population(Ongoing)
- Advanced Course in Medical Education from CMC Ludhiana in 2018 & done a Project under it.
- ‘Outstanding Faculty in Anatomy’ Award from Centre for Advanced Research and Design at 6th Venus International Science & Technology Awards 2020 on 9th January 2021 held at Chennai, Tamil Nadu,India
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- ASI (Anatomical society of India)
- Electron Microscope Society of India- Membership no.(LM-1975)
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- Attended and presented paper “Introduction of vertical integration for topics of applied anatomy in first year MBBS students” at a conference of medical education at CMC Ludhiana on 28th April 2019
- Attended and presented a paper on “ Early clinical exposure as perceived by 1st year MBBS students during online sessions A necessity in Covid Era” in National online conference on CBME on 6th Nov 2020 by SRM Medical College, Kattankulathar, Tamil Nadu, India
- Attended and as a resource faculty taken a session on learning objectives and competencies in Revised Basic Course Workshop of medical education on 15th Oct 2019 at HIMSR
- Attended as well as taken a session as a resource faculty on Learning domains and Progression of learning in Revised Basic Course Workshop on 27th November 2019 at HIMSR
- Attended Advances in Urogynecology 2019 on 15-17th Nov 2019 at KIMS, Secundrabad (CME 10 Credit hours)
- Attended 67th National Conference of Anatomical Society of India from 18th-20th November 2019 at VMMC, New Delhi
- Attended CME cum Awareness Programme on (Body & Organ Donation -Live Beyond life ) on 18th September 2019 at GIMS, Greater Noida
- Attended as well as taken a session as a resource faculty on ECE and Skill lab in CISP Programme from 23rd to 24 September 2020
- Attended Workshop on “Karyotyping” on 22nd February 2021 during International Virtual Anatomy Conference, organized by the Anatomical Society, KGMU, UP, Lucknow.
- Attended the CME on “Contemporary and Evolving Perspectives in Anatomy Learning” on 20th and 21st February 2021 during IVACON organized by the Anatomical Society, KGMU, UP, Lucknow