Dr. Tarun Gupta
Assistant professor, Department of Surgery
Reg. Number: DMC-18442
Dr. Tarun Gupta is a highly talented Consultant Laparoscopic & General Surgeon and a Humanitarian, working for improving the societal health beyond the national and socio-economic boundaries for the last 31 years. After completing MBBS, MS (Surgery) in India he further attained fellowships in General Surgery from USA and UK. He is a loved Teacher in Medicine and Surgery and was awarded “Honorary Professor” by the Indian Medical Association HQ. He is also an examiner for MRCS Exam, Part-B OSCE for Royal College of Surgeons of England & Edinburgh. He has vast exposure of Laparoscopic and Open surgeries. He has national and international publications to his name and attended, chaired and organised many national – international conferences and workshops.
He has true leadership qualities, represented various medical organizations in different capacities in most efficient and sincere manner. He has been very keen in dissemination of knowledge through Continuing Medical Education (CME) Courses and Conferences and as awarded numerous highly prestigious National-International “Service” and “Medical” Awards.
He continues to be passionate as volunteer and humanitarian dedicating his time and expertise to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the quality of life in the community at large for last 22 years.
In Sports, he participated and won numerous prizes in Athletics, Cricket, Judo, Gymnastics, National Trekking Expedition, Aero-Gliding, Indian Crew member for India-International Hot-Air Ballooning, Live Shark Cage Diving at the Atlantic Ocean, ‘Walking with the Lions’ in the open jungle (& was personally attacked too) and recently with Wild Life Photography.
Area of Interest
- Lap Chole
- Abscess & Fistula
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MS||1990||IPGMER & SKKM Hospital||DMC-18442|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Assistant professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||08-10-2021||Till Date|
|Senior Resident||Post Graduate Institute for Medical Education & Research (PGIME&R), Dr.Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi||21-08-1991||20-08-1994||3 Years|
|Post-Graduation (M.S.)||Institute for Post Graduate Medical Education & Research and SSKM Hospital, Kolkata.||15-09-1988||15-09-1990||2 Years|
|Junior Resident||Dr RML Hospital, New Delhi||07-03-1988||12-09-1988||6 months|
|Junior Resident (Resident House Surgeon)||Calcutta National Medical College & Chittaranjan Hospital, Kolkata||16-10-1987||15-10-1987||2 Months|
|Junior Resident (Resident House Surgeon)||Calcutta National Medical College & Chittaranjan Hospital, Kolkata||16-10-1986||15-01-1987||1 Year|
- “Epidemiological Studies of Burns and its Statistical Analysis” Thesis prepared for the M.S. (General Surgery) Examina¬tion of Session 1988-1990, under the guidance of Professor Dr. I. Saha, Dept. of Plastic Surgery, Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research (IPGME&R) and SSKM Hospital, Calcutta University (now, The West Bengal University of Health Sciences).
- Gupta T., Talukder G. and Sharma A. Cytotoxicity of zinc chloride in mice in vivo. Biological Trace Element Research, Vol 30, Issue 2, Pg. 95-102 (August 1991). (The Journal of the International Association of Bioinorganic Scientists, Univ. of California, USA).
- Tarun Gupta, Ila Saha and Shanti Sarkar (February 1991). Malignant Fibrous Histiocytoma - a case report. Indian Medical Gazette Vol CXXV, No. 2, Pages 63 to 66.
- Surgery in India” - Mukerjee S., Gupta T. June, 1997, Vol.132, No.6 p.571-578 ARCHIVES OF SURGERY.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery. Dr. Tarun Gupta. Journal of International Medical Sciences Academy.
- Tarun Gupta (1987) Clastogenicity of Zinc Chloride on Mitot¬ic Chromosome and Red Cells of Mus Musculus in vivo. Proc. 74th Ind. Sc. Cong. Part IV. Section of Medical & Veterinary Sciences: Abstracts. p.118.
- DR. TARUN GUPTA (1987) THE CYTOTOXIC AND HISTOPATHOLOGICAL EFFECT OF ZINC CHLORIDE ON MUS MUSCULUS IN VIVO. The Indian Association of Pathologists and Microbiologists, West Bengal Chapter, 3rd Annual Conference (Abstract).
- Tarun Gupta.(1988) Effect of an Essential Nutrient Zinc on Cellular Systems When Given in Higher Concentrations. Proc. 75th Sc. Cong.: Part III: Abstracts. Section IX: Medical & Veterinary Sciences. p.7.
- Dr. T. Gupta and Dr. Ila Saha. (Oct.1990) A Case of malignant fibrous histiocytoma of neck. Surge - News Bulletin. Association of Surgeons of India, West Bengal State Chapter. Issue No. 20. p.13.
- Dr. T. Gupta, Dr. S. Guha and Dr. T.K. Das Gupta. (Oct.1990) A case of periampullary carcinoma. Surge - News Bulletin. Association of Surgeons of India, West Bengal State Chapter. Issue No. 20. p.14.
- Early combined single stage repair of cleft lip and palate - Drs. S.P. Bajaj, Dr. T. Gupta et al. ASICON '92, 52nd Annual Conference of ASI - Program Book p.47 (Title)
- Single stage reconstruction of tibia - Dr. S.P. Bajaj, T. Dubey, D. Suman, T. Gupta - ASICON '92 52nd Annual Conference of Assoc. of India - Program Book p.50 (Title).
- Epidemiology of Electrical Burns attending Dr. R.M.L. Hospital, New Delhi - Dr. Tarun Gupta, Dr. S.P. Bajaj, NABICON'93, 1st Annual Conference, National Academy of Burns - Program of Souvenir Book (Abstract)
- An epidemiological study of Burns in a teaching hospital of Calcutta - Dr. Tarun Gupta, Dr. Ila Saha - NABICON'93, 1st Annual Conference, National Academy of Burns - Program of Souvenir Book (Abstract)
- Study of mortality pattern in a burns unit of Calcutta - Dr. Tarun Gupta, Dr. Ila Saha - NABICON '93 1st Annual Conference, National Academy of Burns - Program of Souvenir Book (Abstract).
- Sex distribution of Burns and in Scientific explanations - Dr. Tarun Gupta, Dr. Ila Saha - NABICON '93 1st Annual Conference, National Academy of Burns - Program of Souvenir Book (Abstract).
- A quote in the “Medical Waste awaits disposal as hospitals flounder for solution”, an article published in The Times of India News Service on 25 Dec 1999.
- Surgical Humour – Bulletin of 7th Annual Conference of India Chapter of American College of Surgeons (Abstract) 2005.
Research Work & Projects
- Honorary Research Fellow under Dr. Geeta Talukder, MD, PhD, In-charge Human Genetics Unit, Centre for Advanced Study in Cell and Chromosome Research, Uni¬versity of Calcutta, from Sept. 1, 1985 to Jan. 28, 1988. a. Received extensive training in leucocyte culture, amniotic cell culture and primary tissue culture from human subjects. b. Had worked on toxicology of heavy metals in general and of zinc in particular on mammalian test systems.
- Dissertation entitled " Epidemiological Studies of Burns and its Statistical Analysis" under Dr. Ila Saha, M.S., M.Ch.(Plastic), Associate Professor, Dept. of Plastic Surgery, at I.P.G.M.E & R. and SSKM Hospital, Calcutta (1988-1990)
- Experimental surgery regarding Hepatic resections in dogs under the guidance of Prof. T.K. Dasgupta, Professor-Director of Surgery, at the I.P.G.M.E.& R. AND SSKM Hospital, Calcutta (1988-1990)
- Placentrex Trial in Burns at Dr. RML Hospital, New Delhi (1991-1994)
- Dilantin Trial - in Burns at Dr. RML Hospital, New Delhi (1991-1994)
- Water filled gloves as splints in hand burns at Dr. RML Hospital, New Delhi (1991-1994).
- Role of Hyperbaric oxygen in enhancing healing of selected 'problem wounds' at RML Hospital, New Delhi (1991-1994).
- Clinical research in the field of Obstructive Jaundice at Moolchand K.R. Hospital, N Delhi.
- Clinical research in the field of Carcinoma Breast at Moolchand K.R. Hospital, New Delhi.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, UK (FRCS Eng.)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow, UK (FRCP&S Glasg.)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK (FRCS Edin.)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland, UK (FRCS Edinburgh)
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery (FMAS), recognised by World Association of Laparoscopic Surgery (WALS) ad SAGES (Society of American College of Gastro-enterology and Endoscopic Surgeons).
- Fellow of the International Medical Sciences Academy (FIMSA).
- Honorary Research Fellow, Centre for Advanced Study in Cell and Chromosome, Department of Botany, Calcutta University.
- Certificate-Fellowhip in Acupuncture and Moxibustion held at New Delhi from Indian Research Institute for Integrated Medicine (IRIIM), Howrah, West Bengal
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- AWR Surgeons (Abdominal Wall Reconstruction) (Life Member - AWR 876)
- Association of Minimal Access Surgery of India (AMASI) – Life Member 8435.
- Global Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (GAPIO) – Life Member 001726.
- Association of Surgeons of India (FL 7674) - Life Member.
- Indian Medical Association (NDB 804) - Life Member.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland.
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS).
- Fellow of the International Medical Sciences Academy (FIMSA).
- National Academy of Burns (FL 001) - Life Member.
- Association of Surgeons of India (Delhi Chapter) - Life Member.
- Delhi Medical Association - Life Member.
- Indian Medical Association (New Delhi Branch) - Life Member.
- India Chapter of the American College of Surgeons (FACS-IC) - Life Member.
- IMA - Chapter of College of General Practitioners - Life Member.
- Calcutta National Medical College Alumni Association (Alma Mater) – Life Member
- Calcutta National Medical College Alumni Association (New Delhi) – Life Member