Dr Varkung Valte
Professor, Department of Pharmacology
Reg. Number: NA
I am Interested in Competency Base Medical education and actively involved in implementing the program along with Curriculum implementation support committee. Pharmacovigilance Programme of India is another area where I was the Co-ordinator in my previous Medical College I was working. Antibiotic Stewardship Programme is also another field where I am interested and actively involved besides my normal Pharmacology curriculum teaching programme. I am also interested in AETCOM under the Competency Base Medical Education because communication gap is one of the factors where Medical Professionals are charged with litigation cases.
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Professor||JNIMS||04-01-2019||30-6-2023||4 Years 6 Months|
|Associates Professor||JNIMS||28-11-2015||03-01-2019||3 Years 2 Months|
|Assistant Professor||JNIMS||01-12-2010||27-11-2015||5 Years|
|Assistant Professor||TMC||10-09-2007||01-01-2008||4 Months|
|6. Tutor/Demonstrator||JNIMS||07-0-2009||01-12-2010||1Year 7 Months|
- P. Chakraborti * 1, Z. Sailo 1 and Varkung Valte. A study on the hepatoprotective effects of ethyl acetate extract of spilanthes acmella in paracetamol-induced hepatotoxicity in experimental animals. IJPSR, 2023; Vol. 14(5): 2282-2286. E-ISSN: 0975-8232; P-ISSN: 2320-5148
- Zosangliani Sailo, Thangja Mekham Maring, Khuraijam Linda Devi and Varkung Valte. A study of antimicrobial utilisation for lower respiratory tract infections (LRTIs) in paediatric inpatient at tertiary care hospital of north-eastern part of India. International Journal of Pharmacological Research. 2020; 10(09): 1-7
- Khuarijam Linda Dei, Indira Raleng, Zosangliani Sailo, Varkung Valte. Drug utilization among diabetes mellitus patients in a tertiary care hospital in North–East India. Indian Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2020: 7(3): 1-4.
- Varkung Valte, Oinam Joychandra Singh. An Observational Study of the Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of ADR Reporting among the Junior Doctors of Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS), Imphal, Neeraj kumar Sharma Manohar. J. Evolution Med. Dent. Sci. June 15, 2020; Vol. 9(Issue 2478-4802: pISSN): 2278-4748
- Laitonjam Jonita Devi, Varkung Valte, Oinam Joychandra. A study of antibiotic used in pediatric inpatients at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Manipur: a retrospective study. Int J Basic ClinPharmacol. April 2020; Vol 9(Issue 4): 595-599.
- Varkung valte Dr. Losika RK,Dr.Zosangliani Sailo. A study on the analgesis effects of aquous extract of the whole plants of ageratum conizoides Linn. in animal models. Indian Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. January-March, 2019; 6(1): 28-32.
- Varkung Valte, M. Premchand Singh, Indira Raleng, S. Losica RK. Hepatoprotective activity of ethanol extract of Pavitra Indica LINN leaves. Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol. 2018 May; 7(5): 1006-1010.
- Varkung Valte,L.Babycha. Anticonvulsant activity of aqueous extract of Eupatropium birmanicum DC. Leaves on seizure induced by PTZ in albino mice, alone and in combination with ethosuximide. IJPSR. 2018; Vol. 9(5): 2048-2052
- Varkung Valte, M. Premchand Singh Indira Raleng, S. Losica RK. Hepatoprotective activity of ethanol extract of Pavitra Indica LINN leaves. Indian Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. January-March, 2018; 5(1): 37-39.
- Valte Varkung, Singh PM, Raleng. Studies on the concept, knowledge and attitude of the rational use of Medicines among the sixth semester 2nd MBBS student of Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Porompat, Imphal Manipur. Int J Basic ClinPharmacol. Sept-Oct 2016; Vol 5(Issue 5): Page 1910-1913
- Varkung Valte, LaishramBabycha M Premchand Singh Indira Raleng. Pharmacovigilance studies on the basic knowledge, practice and attitude among the 2nd MBBS students of Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences Porompat, Manipur. Int J Basic & ClinPharmacol. May-June 2016: vol 5(issue 3): page 820-822.
- Babycha L. Varkung Valte. Anticonvulsant effect of Eupatorium Birmanium D.C leaves Extract alone and Combination with Phenytoin against MES seizure in Albino mices. Indian Medical Gazette. Calcutta. March 2014; page 106-110
- Babycha L. Varkung Valte. The anticonvulsant effect of Eupatorium Birmanicum DC leave extract alone and in combination with Lamotrigine against MES seizure in albino mice. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences. September 23, 2013: Vol 2(issue 38): page 7250-7255
- O.Joychandra, Imoba Th, Varkung Valte. A Review Cimetidine induced Hyperprolactinaemia. Journal of Medical Society, RIMS. Sept-Dec 2013; Vol 27(issue 3): page165-168.
- Varkung Valte. Tapentadol. A breakthrough in management of painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy (DNP). Indian Medical Gazette. March 2013: page 111-113
- O. Joychandra, Varkung Valte. Comparison of serum Prolactin levels between IV Ranitidine & I.V Cimetidine administration in Albino rabbits and possible role of Histamine 1 & 2 receptors in Prolactin secretion. Indian Medical Gazette; January 2013: page 14-17
- O.Joychandra Varkung Valte. A Review-Probable mechanism of action of Curcumin for the treatment of Alzheimer Disease (AD). Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences. Janaury 14, 2013; Vol 2(/Issue 2): page 133-137
- Varkung Valte. Studies on Hepatoprotective effects of Aqueous extract of Phyllamthus Niruri in Carbon tetrachloride induced Hepatotoxicity in Albino Rats. Indian medical Journal. 2013. Vol-107(No 1 January): page 10-12.
- Varkung Valte. Protective effect of Ethyl Acetate extract of Acacia Catechu in Carbon Tetrachloride Induced hepatotoxicity. Indian Medical Gazette. April 2012; page 159-162.
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Indian Pharmacological Society -Life Member No. LV.134 16/1/05
- Indian Medical Journal- Life member
- Life Member “National Association of Pharmacology and Therapeutics”
- Executive Member “National Association of Pharmacology and Therapeutics”
Invited Talks and Lectures
- “Professional Conduct, Etiquette and Ethics Regulations” 19th April 2017.
- “Antimicrobial Resistance-The Superbug” Indian Association of Pediatric Manipur chapter on Rational antibiotic day on 23rd Sept 2019.
- “CBME- Sensational Programme on Basic concepts of Medical Education for PG Student on 3rd -5th February 2020.
- Faculty development Program on Covid-19 integrated Government Online-Training (IGOT) 22nd May 2020.
- Curriculum Implementation Support Programme-II Training CBME at JNIMS Organized by JNIMS Curriculum Implementation Support Committee on 21st -22nd August 2020.
- Revised Basic Course Workshop & AETCOM at JNIMS Organized by JNIMS Medical Education Unit on 25th -27th October 2021.
- Mid-term CME organized by Academic Society JNIMS “Anti-Ageing: Myth or Reality” on 30th July 2022.
- Guest lecture on “Superbugs” 22nd March 2023 at Tezpur Medical College Assam
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Organized Objective Structure Practical Examination (OSPE) under MEU JNIMS on “Mydriatics” for 4th Semester student in the Department of Pharmacology on 11th October 2017.
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- Moderator – Re-emergence of Thalidomide JNIMS Academic Society Seminar on 15th June 2019.
- Revised Basic Course Workshop for fulltime teaching Faculty JNIMS Under the aegis of NMC Regional Centre for Medical Education Technologies Jorhat Medical College, Assam on 14 to 16 th November 2022 as a resource person.
- 2nd JNIMS Academic Society Conference as Resource person on “Pharmacovigilance- The need of the hour” on 18 to 19th February 2023.
- Facilitator/Resource person on Revised Basic Course Workshop & AETCOM at JNIMS Organized by JNIMS Medical Education Unit on 14th -16th March 2023 Under the aegis of NMC Regional Centre for Medica Education Technologies, NEIGHRIMS Shillong Meghalaya.