Dr. Varun Kumar Kashyap
Assistant professor, Department of Community Medicine
Reg. Number: DMC-
A researcher and an academician with 4+ years of experience in teaching statistics, Biostatistics, epidemiological studies and researches. An instructor for Biostatistical Research Unit, possess expertise in biomedical research, bio statistics, predictive modeling, risk analysis using different statistical software like SPSS, R, SAS, STATA. Currently works as an Assistant Professor of Community Medicine at Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, New Delhi since 2017.
Area of Interest
- Biomedical research, Predictive modeling and data analysis.
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|Ph.D.||2015||University of Lucknow||303070|
|M.Sc.||2008||University of Lucknow||707025|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Assistant professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||09-10-2017||Till date|
|Assistant professor||Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Central University||10-08-2016||15-10- 2017||1.2 Years|
- Kashyap, V.K., Pandey R., Saksena, S. and Khan, F. (April, 2016). “An artificial neural network modeling approach for development of QSAR model for anticancer activity of gossypol acetic acide against anticancer target BCL2”. European Academic Research, Vol. IV No. 1 pp:102-111, ISSN-2286-4822.
- Kashyap, V.K., Kushwaha, A. (April 2016). “Factors which influence customers towards service providers in Telecom Industry”. European Academic Research, Vol. II No. 3 pp:93-101, ISSN-2286-4822, ISSN-L 2286-4822.
- Rizvi, I., Bajpai, M., Anjor, P., Kashyap, V.K. (June, 2014). ‘Managing the physical evidence in insurance industry’, European Academic Research, Vol. II No. 3 pp:4234-4264, ISSN-2286-4822, ISSN-L 2286-4822.
- Kashyap, V.K., kirti, S., and Asthana, A. (2014). “Survival analysis: identification of improvement in condition of tuberculosis meningitis patients”. International journal of Statistics and Systems, Vol. 10 No. 1, pp-122-124.
- Kashyap, V.K., Sarraf, S.K. and Asthana, A. (2014). “A multidimensional scaling model approach for positioning of insurance industries company: a case study of government sector v/s private sector insurance companies.” International journal of Statistics and Systems, Vol. 10 No. 1, pp-145-148.
- Kashyap, V.K., Pandey R. (April, 2017). “A non-linear modelling approach to develop a qsar model for anticancer activity of gossypol acetic acid against bcl2 target for colorectal cancer”. International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, Vol.7, issu-2, pp-165-172.
- Kashyap, V.K., Kumar, M.,(2017). “Mathematical Behavior of a System with Failures due to Machinery Defects and Random Shocks’’ International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) Vol. 6 Issue -3, pp-1699-1701.
- Kashyap, V.K., Kumar, M.,(2017). ‘’ Stochastic behavior of a system with patience time for regular repairman” International Journal of Advance Research, Vol.5(2), pp-1036-1040.
- Kashyap, V.K., Kushwaha, A., Pandey, A., (May 2018). “A General Queuing Model with Arbitrary Service Time Distribution”. International Journal of Recent Scientific Research, Vol. 9, Issue, 5(H), pp. 27016-27021.
- Kashyap, V.K., Kushwaha, A., Pandey, A., (May 2018). “A General Queuing Model with Arbitrary Service Time Distribution”. Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research, Vol. 5, Issue, 6, pp. 461-467.
- Kashyap, V.K., Narayan, K., (May 2019). “Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation Interlimb Coupling in Post-Stroke Rehabilitation: A Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial”. Topics in stoke Rehabilitation, 2020, Vol. 27, No-4, pp. 272-289.
- Kashyap, V.K., Jain, V., et al. (April 2020). “Discriminating malaria and dengue fever in endemic areas: Clinical, biochemical and radiological criteria”. Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health, 2020, pp. 1204-1207.
- Kashyap, V.K., Pandey R. (October, 2020). “A partial least square modelling approach to develop a QSAR model for anticancer activity of gossypol acetic acid against bcl2.”. International Journal of Creative Research Thoughts, 2020, pp. 397-404.
- Kashyap, V.K., Manjhi, M., (May 2020). “Comparison of Glycolic and Salicylic acid Chemical Peels in the Treatment of Facial Acne Vulgaris: a split face study”. Wiley journal of Dermatologic Therapy, 2020, pp. 1-8.
Research Work & Projects
- Clinical efficacy of Unani formulations as supplements to improve outcomes in COVID-19 patients: A randomized clinical study.
- Community based Sero-surveillance and incidence of Dengue among residence of South Delhi, India
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Member of International Epidemiology Association since 2020
- Member of Statistics without Borders
- Member of Indian Bayesian Statistics Society.
Invited Talks and Lectures
- Invited talk on Efficiency of ANN and SVM QSAR model for Lung cancer cell line A549.
- Taking a seven days Orientation Programme on “Application of SPSS Software in Statistical Analysis of Data” Apr-11 to 18th, 2017 Bhartiya Shiksha Shodh Sansthan.
- Invited lecture in “Hands-on-Training Program on Data analysis using SPSS”, 18.11.2017 organized by the U.P. Police Technical Service Headquarters. Lucknow.
- Invited lecture in “Three days SPSS workshop for UP police officers” 17.3.2018. to 19.3.2018 organized by the U.P. Police Technical Service Headquarters. Lucknow.
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- Participated in the “Workshop on Research Methodology” organized by Department of Sociology, University of Lucknow, Lucknow during December 20 – 26, 2016.
- Participated in the “Workshop on Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis in Yogic Science” organized by Department of Sports section, Babasaheb Bhimrao Abbedkar University (A Central University), Lucknow during August 22 – 28, 2016.
- Participated in the “National Workshop on Scientific writing using LATEX” organized by Department of Statistics, Dr. Shakuntala Mishra National Rehabilitation University, Lucknow during February 14 – 20, 2017.
- Participated in the “Workshop on Emerging Research Trends in Computer Science” organized by Department of Computer Science, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (A Central University), Lucknow during March 20 – 24, 2017.
- Participated in the “Workshop on Bio Statistical Computing with R” organized by Department of Biostatistics and Health Informatics, SGPGI, Lucknow during May 15 – 20, 2017.
- Participated in the “International Workshop cum Seminar on Data Analysis using R” organized by Department of Statistics, Dr. Shakuntala Mishra National Rehabilitation University, Lucknow during June 23 – 29, 2017.