Dr Tazean Zahoor Malik
PG resident, Department of Community Medicine
Reg. Number: DMC-84772
I am Dr Tazean Zahoor Malik. I pursued M.B.B.S from Government Medical College, Srinagar, J&K and completed it in 2015-16. I worked as a House Physician (Psych.) in IMHANS, Srinagar in 2017, where I was exposed to various mental health issues prevalent in the community and their prevention and mitigation. In 2018, I cleared the NEET-PG exam with rank 50127 and took admission in this college. As a postgraduate in Community Medicine, I was given the opportunity to work in the field as well as in the hospital. I participated in and attended various workshops and conferences held in Delhi and outside.
Area of Interest
- Mental Health
- Research Methodology
- Infectious diseases
- Maternal and Child Health
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MBBS||2015||GMC Srinagar, University of Kashmir||DMC_84772||20-06-2018|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Junior Resident||HIMSR, New Delhi||03-05-2018||29-03-2021||2Years, 10Months|
- Ahmed F, Malik TZ, Islam F, Muzaffar A. Assessment of Barriers in Initiation and Completion of Isoniazid Preventive Therapy among Household Child Contacts of Pulmonary TB Patients in Delhi: A Mixed Method Study. Natl J Community Med. 2020;11(5):227-31.
- Panda M, Agarwalla R, Malik TZ, Singh VK. An Insight into International Health and the Overlap of Terms. RFP Indian Journal of Hospital Administration. 2019;3(1):25-27
Research Work & Projects
- Thesis: A Mixed Method Study to assess the Economic Burden of Tuberculosis and its Social Impact on patients registered under Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme and their households in South-East Delhi (Completed and Submitted on 7th Nov 2020) Grant received: RNTCP postgraduate thesis grant (Rs 30,000). Supervisor: Dr Sushovan Roy Co-Supervisors: Dr Faheem Ahmed, Dr Rashmi Agarwalla
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Member of IAPSM
- Member of IPHA
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Capacity building workshop of the Project ‘Integration of Maternal, Infant and Young child Nutrition’ in 2018
- Update on Immunization training for Medical officers in 2019
- Introductory course on Research Methodology & Biostatistics, in collaboration with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the Indian Institute of Applied Statistics, on 8th-9th January 2020.
- Organized a workshop on “Efficient, quality-assured data capture using a mobile phone” on 23rd January 2021
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- CME on Immunization updates on 15th May 2018 at HIMSR.
- CME on RNTCP updates held on 29th May 2018 at ACMS, Delhi Cantt
- Conference on World Zoonoses day at VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital on 5th July 2018
- National Workshop on Basics of Health Economics at LHMC, Delhi on 31st August 2018.
- Workshop on “Maternal Death Surveillance and Near Miss Review” at MAMC, New Delhi from 6-7th Sept, 2018.
- Workshop on Basic Epidemiology and Biostatistics at PGIMER, Chandigarh from 3rd December 2018 to 15th December 2018
- International Conference on Occupational Health and Environmental Health at LHMC, Delhi from 15th Feb -17th Feb 2019.
- IAPSM National Conference (IAPSMCON 2019) at IGMC, Shimla from 7th March 2019 to 10th March 2019
- Workshop on “Leadership Skills” at LHMC, New Delhi on 7th May 2019
- National Conference on One Health-Anti Microbial Resistance and Diseases of Public Health Importance (Zoonotic Diseases) at VMMC and Safdarjung hospital on 3rd July, 2019.
- Workshop on “the Art and Science of writing a Paper” at Apollo Hospital on 23rd and 24th September 2019
- Advanced Epidemiology and Biostatistics at PGIMER, Chandigarh from 23rd December 2019 to 04th January, 2020
- Delhi State Trainings on Immunization updates, Rotavirus Vaccination and Vaccine Preventable Disease Surveillance.
- Workshop on “Meta-analysis- From Evidence to Policy” at AIIMS, Delhi on 28th February 2020
- Workshop on “Epi-Collect Data collection software” at MAMC, New Delhi, from 6th March 2020 to 7th March 2020
- Attended and Conducted trainings for Infection Prevention and Control in Hospital during COVID pandemic in March 2020
- Completed a Certificate Course on ‘Leadership skills during COVID era’ in August 2020