The department of Medicine was established in 2012 under Prof S. Dwivedi, the illustrious dean of Hamdard institute of medical sciences and research. The department has actively participated in academic activities in the college.
Guest speakers from various medical colleges of Delhi have been invited for participating in seminars and tutorials on topics like HIV,hypertension, malaria etc. The department has been celebrating world diabetes day since last 4 years by organizing diabetes awareness walks, diabetes detection camps and CMEs. Editors of Davidson textbook of medicine were invited to deliver a talk and guide the undergraduates.
The department is actively involved in the teaching of students from the faculties of paramedical sciences , rehabilitation sciences, college of pharmacy, etc.
- Faculty members have guided more than 10 post doctoral students and more than 20 post graduate students of Pharmacy.
- Prof Prem Kapur received the best paper award at 2015 APICON.
- Organised 28th Annual Conference of Indian Society for Atherosclerosis Research from 29th to 31st October 2015 at Hamdard Convention Center.
- Symposium on Viral Hepatitis (DMC approved CME)
- Symposium on Chikungunya (talks by Prof. Sunil Kohli and Prof. Prem Kapur)
- E-poster competition on World Tuberculosis Day on 24th March 2014
- Free medical health check up camp on 30th Sep 2015 at Hamdard Nagar Police Station, Sangam Vihar
- Swach Bharat Abhiyan on 02nd October 2015
- Walk and Seminar on World Diabetes Day 14 Nov 2015
- Diabetes Mela on World Health Day on 7th April 2016
- World Diabetes Day-14th November 2016
- Diabetes detection camps + Diabetes Awareness Walk + Diabetes mela.
- Three faculty members were appointed as external examiners for undergraduates in Delhi university and Indraprasth university