Dr. Tajamul Rashid
MS General Surgery
Assistant professor, Department of Surgery
Reg. Number: DMC-60077
A trusted, patient focused surgeon with a history of serving patients by successfully diagnosing, treating & managing their illnesses & complications with an experience of 6 years; 3 years as a postgraduate scholar in General & Minimal Access Surgery & 3 years as senior resident in General & Minimal Access Surgery in high volume tertiary care centres at Government Medical College, Srinagar & Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, New Delhi respectively.
Area of Interest
- General surgery
- Minimal access surgery
- Surgical gastroenterology
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MS, General Surgery||2017||Govt. Medical College, Srinagar, J&K University of Kashmir, J&K||60077||19-12-2017|
|MBBS||2012||NSCB Medical College, Jabalpur, M.P Rani Durgav ati Vishwavidyala, Jabalpur, M.P||13077||14-12-2013|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Assistant professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||01-09-2020||present|
|Senior Resident||HIMSR, New Delhi||10-07-2017||04-08-2020||3 years 24 days|
- Mir IS et al. Laparoscopic repair of adult retrosternal morgagni hernia with interlocking barbed suture. Int. Surg J. 2016 Aug; 3(3):1697-1699.
- Mir IS, Hajini MF, Rashid T, Sheikh VM, Bhat SN. Laparoscopic management of common bile duct stones: Stent Vs T-tube drainage. Arch. Int. Surg 2016; 6:90-5
- Rashid T et al. A comparative study of three-dimensional mesh (3D mesh) and polypropylene mesh in laparoscopic inguinal hernia repairs in adults. Int. Surg J. 2018 Jan; 5(1):174-180.
- Saleem Mir I, Nazir S, Rashid T, Raashid H, et al. (2018) Laparoscopic Management Of Rectal Tumors in Developing Coun-tries. Gastroenterol Pancreatol Liver Disord 6(1): 1-5.
- Rashid T et al. Prospective study of laparoscopic totally extraperitoneal repair (TEP) & open mesh hernioplasty. Int. J. of Allied Med. Sci. and Clin. Research Vol-6(1) 2018 [09-16].
- Mir IS, Rashid T et al. Laparoscopic totally extraperitoneal repair of inguinal hernia using three-dimensional mesh: a 5 years experience at a tertiary care hospital in Kashmir, India. Int Surg J. 2018 Mar; 5 (3):1016-1020.
- Mir IN et al. Rubber band ligation of haemorrhoids: a hospital based study. Int J Adv Med. 2019 Dec; 6(6):1873-1875.
- Shiekh Viqar Manzoor, Irfan Nazir Mir, Asma Khanday, Suhail Nazir, Tajamul Rashid, Mir Mujtaba Ahmad. A comparative study of MRI and Triple assessment in the evaluation of palpable breast masses. International Journal of Current Research, 10, (11), 75109-75112.
- Najar FA, Makhdoomi PHA, Rashid T, Bhat SN. Laparoscopy and the impalpable testes: diagnosis, treatment options and the literature. Int J Res Med Sci 2020; 8: 2928-32.
- Altaf J, Rashid T, Husian M, Alam M, Ahmad M. Double Inferior Vena Cava: A Case Report. Am J Surg Tech Case Rep. 2020; 1(1):1005.
- Tajamul Rashid, Shahid Rasool and Irfan Nazir. Primary Tuberculosis of Thyroid Gland: a rare case. International Journal of Current Research. 2020; 12, (05), 11621-11622.
- Altaf J, Rashid T, Husian M, Arif M, Ahmad M. Tumoral calcinosis, a diagnostic dilemma: a case report. Int J Adv Med 2020; 7: 1286-9.
- Najar FA, Makhdoomi PHA, Rashid T. Small bowel obstruction in children due to intestinal ascariasis: role of conservative management. International Journal of Scientific Research 2020;9(8).
- Najar FA, Makhdoomi PHA, Rashid T. Penile Fracture -Our Initial Experience and Outcome: Journal of Evidence Based Medicine and Healthcare 2020 7(51):2349-2562.
Research Work & Projects
- Incidence and management of bile duct injuries during laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Prospective study of Incidence and Implications of Fitz Hugh Curtis syndrome.
- Best paper award: Laparoscopic CBD exploration: Stent Vs T-tube. XIII National Congress of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons (IAGES-2016), SKICC, Srinagar; 21st – 23rd April 2016.
- Best research presentation award: A comparative study of three-dimensional mesh (3D mesh) and polypropylene mesh in laparoscopic inguinal hernia repairs in adults. 7th Annual Conference of J&K Chapter of The Association of Surgeons of India (JAKASICON-2017) at Srinagar; 2017.
- Research Ratna Award of the Year 2019; Most Promising Doctor in General Surgery. RULA Awards, Tamil Nadu; February 2019.
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- CME: Sutures, Meshes, Implants and Prosthesis: Past, Present & Future. Government Medical College, Srinagar; 31st May, 2014.
- CME: Science of Tissue Management & Use of Staplers. Government Medical College, Srinagar; 10th April, 2015.
- CME: Update on Carcinoma Oesophagus. Government Medical College, Srinagar; 23rd May, 2015.
- Conference: 5th Annual Conference of J&K Chapter of The Association of Surgeons of India (JAKASICON-2015) at Srinagar; 6th August, 2015.
- CME: Update on Management of Colorectal Cancers. . Government Medical College, Srinagar; 15th December, 2015.
- Conference: Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology, Silver Jubilee Mid-Term Meeting, Complications in GI Surgery. IASG; 26 & 27th February, 2016; New Delhi.
- Conference: XIII National Congress of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons (IAGES-2016), SKICC, Srinagar; 21st – 23rd April 2016.
- Paper Presentation: Laparoscopic CBD exploration: Stent Vs T-tube, IAGES, XIII National Conference, 2016.
- Conference: Fourth Delhi/NCR AMDCON 2017, Convention Centre, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi.
- Conference: International Conference on Surgical Updates. Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, New Delhi; 18th December, 2017.
- Conference: New Horizons in Minimally Invasive Surgery ‘Better Outcome Matters’. Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi; 1st March, 2018.
- CME: Geriatric Anaesthesia – A Contemporary Approach. Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, New Delhi; 22nd October, 2018.
- CME: Laparoscopic Management of Inguinal Hernias. Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, New Delhi; 22nd November, 2018.
- Conference: Internal Minimal Access Surgery Conference, CME cum Live Workshop (ENDOSURG 2019). All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi; 28th to 31st March, 2019.
- Conference: GURRUKKUL, ACSCON-2020. The Annual Conference of the American College of Surgeons India Chapter, New Delhi; 2nd to 5th January, 2020.