Dr Khan Afreen Mushtaq Ahmed
MBBS, MD (Medicine)
Assistant professor, Department of Medicine
Reg. Number: DMC-60727
Dr. Afreen Khan is presently working as Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, HIMSR. She completed her MBBS in 2005 from Indira Gandhi Government Medical College, Nagpur (Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, Maharashtra) and M.D (General Medicine) in 2011 from Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Medical College, Raipur. She has a clinical experience of 10 years and teaching experience of more than 8 years.
Area of Interest
- Critical care
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MD Medicine||2011||Pt Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Medical College, Raipur Pt Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur||60727||27-01-2013|
|MBBS||2005||Indira Gandhi Govt Medical College, Nagpur Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik||60727||27-01-2013|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||10-06-2016||Till Date|
|Senior resident||AIIMS, New Delhi||29-04-2013||08-12-2014||1 Year 8 Months|
|Senior resident||MLN Medical College, Allahabad||02-12-2012||21-04-2013||1 Year 4 Months|
|Junior resident||Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Medical College, Raipur||02-05-2008||01-05-2011||3 Years|
- Vineet Jain, Khan Afreen, Richa Garg, Arushi Chopra, Diksha Gaur, Varun Kumar Kashyap, Sunil Kohli, Kanupriya Bajaj. Discriminating malaria and dengue fever in endemic areas: Clinical, biochemical and radiological criteria. Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health. 2020; 8(4):1204-1207.
- Jyotsana, Khan Afreen, Vishaka Sharma, Prem Kapur, Smita Manjavkar, Vineet Jain, Sunil Kohli, Anwar Habib. Clinical profile of patients with pancytopenia in a tertiary care centre.Int J Res Med Sci. 2018 Apr;6 (4):1187-90.
- Sarita Bajaj, Afreen Khan, Farah Naaz Fathima, Mohammed Abdul Jaleel, Aisha Sheikh, Kishwar Azad, Jalees Fatima, and Fauzia Mohsin. South Asian consensus statement on women’s health and Ramadan. Indian J EndocrinolMetab. 2012 Jul-Aug; 16(4): 508–511.
- Sarita Bajaj, Afreen Khan. Antioxidants and diabetes. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2012; 16, Suppl 2: S267-S271.
- Vineet Jain, Khan Afreen, Jyotsana Kumari, Tanveer Mir, Bilal Wani and Romit Bhushan. Disseminated intravascular coagulation presenting as symmetrical peripheral gangrene: a case report. J Med Case Rep. 2019 Jul 12;13(1):212.
- Azharuddin Mohammed Malik, Mehtab Ahmad, Afreen Khan, EkramUllah. Hydranencephaly: a rare cause of delayed developmental milestones. BMJ Case Reports 2013; doi:10.1136/bcr-2013-009589.
- Azharuddin Mohammed Malik, Mehtab Ahmad, Afreen Khan. Artery of Percheron Infarction in a Patient with Atrial Fibrillation: A Rare Stroke Syndrome.Journal of Case Reports 2013;3(1):96-100.
- Sarita Bajaj, Afreen Khan. Bone disorders in pregnancy. In: Endocrine disorders in pregnancy. Bajaj S, Rajput R, Jacob JJ, Editors. 1 st Edition. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd, New Delhi; 2013: pp 96-104.
- Sarita Bajaj, Afreen Khan. Obesity and pregnancy. In: Endocrine disorders in pregnancy. Bajaj S, Rajput R, Jacob JJ, Editors. 1 st Edition. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd, New Delhi; 2013: pp 139-150.
- Sarita Bajaj, Afreen Khan. Women’s Health in Ramadan. In: Medicine Update. Muruganathan A, Geetha T, Editors. 1 st Edition, Volume 23. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd, New Delhi; 2013: pp 332-4.
Research Work & Projects
- Clinical profile and outcomes of COVID 19 patients admitted in HAHC hospital
- Co-guide for postgraduate thesis on a study og asymptomatic cardiac involvement in diabetic patients
- Completed with distinction the Post graduate Program in Diabetology by Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine.
- Completed the AACE Program conducted by American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- CME on World Diabetes Day organized by Department of Biochemistry & Medicine, HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard on 13th November 2017.
- Organised 6th Annual National Conference of the Indian Academy of Geriatrics (GERICON) 2008.
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- Revised basic course workshop in Medical Educational technologies, conducted by Maulana Azad Medical college , Delhi, Regional Centre in Medical Educational technologies, held at HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi from 6th to 8th April, 2021.
- Workshop and Hands-on training on Clinical Learning organised by MEU, HIMSR and Elsevier on 4th April, 2018.
- ECHO DELHI 2017 Mid-term,organised by Cardiology society of India and Apex Society for CME in Cardiology on 23-24 Sep, 2017 at Delhi.
- CME on Clinical Research organised by RPAC, HIMSR on 16th May, 2017.
- CME on Diagnosis and Management of Depression and anxiety disorders organized by Department of Community Medicine & Psychiatry , HIMSR on 7th April, 2017
- CME/ Symposium on Diagnosis and Management of Thyroid Malignancies on 18th November 2017 at HIMSR New Delhi.
- CME on Neurophysiology organised by department of Physiology and Paramedical Sciences, HIMSR on 12th Sep, 2017.
- CME on World Diabetes Day organized by Department of Biochemistry & Medicine, HIMSR, New Delhi on 13th November 2017
- GPSCON 2017, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, 5th Nov 2017
- CME in transfusion medicine organized by Department of Pathology & Blood Bank, HIMSR , New Delhi on 8th August 2017