Dr Richa Gautam
Assistant professor, Department of Community Medicine
Reg. Number: DMC/R-6804
A medical professional and trained public health specialist with eight years of experience in areas of Health Research, Health system strengthening, Patient care, Monitoring and Evaluation, Capacity building, Teaching and training of undergraduate students, postgraduate students and medical interns, paramedics. A trained national assessor for effective vaccine management. During Covid-19 pandemic actively served in district rapid response team, screening centres, flu clinics. Having organization, management, medical writing, public speaking and communication skills with ability to multitask and lead teams. Conversant with SPSS, Stat Cal, Epi info, Epi collect, MS office.
Area of Interest
- Women and child health
- Burn injury
- Health Promotion
- Health Communication
- Climate Change
- Life style diseases
- Infectious diseases
- Occupational health
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MD||2016||University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi University||DMC/R-6804|
|MBBS||2010||Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi University||DMC/R-6804|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||13-06-2021||Till Date|
|Senior Resident||Lady Hardinge Medical College||13-06-2018||15-06-2021||3 Years|
|Senior Research Officer||Translational Health Science and Technology Institute||07-09-2016||30-06-2017||9 Months 20 Days|
|Junior Resident||University College of Medical Sciences||31-08-2013||30-08-2016||3 Years|
- Gautam R, Rajoura OP, Sharma AK, Rajpal, Bhatia MS. Socio-demographic features and quality of life post burn injury. J Family Med Prim Care. 2022 Mar;11(3):1032-1035. doi: 10.4103/jfmpc.jfmpc_1172_21. Epub 2022 Mar 10. PMID: 35495786; PMCID: PMC9051735.
- Kumar S, Yadav DK, Gautam R. Authentication and quality evaluation of an Indian traditional medicinal plant: Salparni. Annals of Phytomedicine. 2022; 11(1): 613-8.
- Thakur A, Gautam R, Gupta E. Evolution of poverty alleviation programme in India. Int J Community Med Public Health. 2021 Sep;8(9):4616-21
Research Work & Projects
- Quality of Life, Treatment Seeking Pathways and Out of Pocket Expenditure of parents with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in South Delhi
- Assessment of comparative performance (efficacy & safety) of C-TB with QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus & 2 T.U. Tuberculin PPD RT23 SSI in Tube for detection of TB infection in general & key population
- Assessment of comparative performance (efficacy & safety) of C-TB with QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus & 2 T.U. Tuberculin PPD RT23 SSI in Tube for detection of TB infection in children and adolescent.
- An interventional study to assess impact of behavior modification therapy versus brief advise for tobacco cessation among adult tobacco users residing in a resettlement colony of Delhi.
- Evaluating the influence of cross-reactive and serotype-specific antibodies on dengue virus evolution, serotype dynamics and replication fitness in a community-based cohort study.
- Complementary Feeding Practices and Dietary Diversity Among Children Aged 6-23 months residing in the field practice area of rural health training centre, Madanpur Khadar, South-East Delhi
- Assessment of Knowledge, Attitude, Practice Regarding Cervical Cancer and Its Screening Among Women Living In Peri-Urban Area Of South East Delhi
- A social media-based study to assess Knowledge Attitude and Practice regarding COVID-19 preventive strategies among general population in India.
- Zinc as an adjunct for the treatment of clinical severe infection in Infants younger than 2 months: A multicentric randomized control trial.
- Thesis: Quality of Life in Burn Injury Patients
- Preferences of final year MBBS students and Interns regarding Post Graduation studies and factors influencing it.
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Indian Public Health Association.
- Indian Medical Association.
Invited Talks and Lectures
- Medicus Conventus: Diet & Dialogue skills
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Pre conference workshop on Silicosis and TB prevention: A multi -professional approach.
- “Status update of Novel Corona virus (COVID 19)”
- “Beat Air Pollution”
- 1. 4th International Conference on Occupational and Environmental Health.
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- ELEVENTH ADVANCED VACCINOLOGY CONFERENCE IN INDIA (INDVAC 2023)
- National workshop on Qualitative Methods in Health Research 30-31 March 2023.
- Qualitative research and data analysis' workshop 19-20 May 2023.
- State workshop on Measles and Rubella review and way forward workshop 21 July 2023
- Good Clinical Practices Workshop
- State Effective Vaccine Management assessment of Uttar Pradesh.
- State Planning Workshop & ToT regarding Measles Rubella Campaign.
- Urban Immunization strengthening workshop: Delhi state
- The Health Effects of Climate Change
- Attended a training program on “Addressing Childhood obesity through front of package labelling (FOPL)
- Immunization workshop: MR surveillance- Delhi state
- Basic course on Biomedical research
- Revised basic course workshop in Medical Education Technology.
- Attended training program as national assessor for Effective vaccine Management conducted by NCCVMRC.
- Attended workshop on Efficient, Quality -Assured Data Capture using a Mobile a Phone.
- Attended training program for Validation study on Assigning Cause of Death.
- Rabies prevention newer dimensions: National conference 2020.
- Medicus Conventus’ 19 The Annual Hardinge Conference.
- Attended 8th National Bioethics conference 2020.
- Attended Indian Public health association conference 2020.
- Attended 4th International conference on occupational and environmental Health 2019.
- Attended Pre workshop sessions of International Conference on Occupational and Environmental Health 2019.
- Attended CME on Safe Motherhood.
- Attended workshop on Health Economics.
- Attended Annual National Conference Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine & Joint Maharashtra state conference of IAPSM and IPHA 2018.
- Attended training program on ‘Vaccine Preventable Diseases’ conducted via WHO in 2019.
- Attended workshop on “Biomedical Waste Management”
- Attended workshop on ‘Quantitative methods in Biomedical Research’
- Attended workshop on Good clinical practice’
- Attended workshop on ‘Good clinical laboratory practice’
- Attended Annual National Conference Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine & Joint Gujrat state conference of IAPSM and IPHA.
- Attended Annual National Conference of Indian Public Health Association.
- Attended a training program on ' Integrated management of neonatal and childhood illness’
- Attended National workshop on Health Management.
- Attended Hands on workshop on data analysis.
- Attended workshop on Maternal Health initiatives and Governance – Including Citizens.
- . Attended workshop on Mental Health Rising trend of common Mental Disorders – an alarm bell for concerted action.
- . Attended a critical care workshop on Hemodynamic monitoring and Rheumatology And Oncology Emergencies.