Dr. Shaan Khetrapal
MBBS, M. D (Pathology)
Assistant professor, Department of Pathology
Reg. Number: DMC-33984
Awarded MD in Pathology from J.N. Medical College, Wardha (MCI Recognized) with a gold medal and have more than 9 years of professional experience in both Teaching/Research and Diagnostic Pathology, ranging from routine reporting to understanding of Frozen section & Flow cytometry. Apart from this, I also have varied teaching experience for Undergraduate/Post graduate teaching. I also have National/International papers to my credit in Journals of repute.
I was previously working in JN Medical College, Wardha as an Assistant Professor for 6 months and currently I have been working in Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research since February 2013, joined as a Demonstrator and further faced the selection committee and got promoted as an Assistant Professor on 5-11-2015.
Area of Interest
- Histopathology & Cytology
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MD (Pathology)||2012||Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Wardha Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha||DMC-33984||04-02-2013|
|MBBS||2005||Odessa State Medical University, Ukraine||MCI- 30331||14-03-2007|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||05-11-2015||Till date||5 years 5 months|
|Assistant Professor||Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha||04-06-2012||04-12-2012||6 months|
- Khetrapal S, Jetley S, Jairajpuri Z, RANA S, Kohli S. FNAC of head & neck lesions and its utility in clinical diagnosis: a study of 290 cases “. Natl J Med Res. 2015; 5(1): 33-38.
- Khetrapal Shaan, Jairajpuri S Zeeba, Rana Safia*, Jetley Sujata. Evaluation of Anemia and Hematological Parameters in Antenatal. Annals of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Vol. 5, Issue 8, August, 2018. Jairajpuri ZS, Jetley S, Rana S, Khetrapal S, Khan S, Hassan MJ. Daignostic challenges of tubercular lesions of breast. J Lab Physicians 2018;10:179-84.
- Jairajpuri, Zeeba, Safia Rana, Shaan Khetrapal, Pooja Arora, and Sujata Jetley. 2017. “Cutaneous Amyloidosis: A Pilot Study at a Teaching Hospital in New Delhi”. Journal of Medicine 19 (1), 35-39.
- Shaan Khetrapal, Samarth Shukla, Safia Rana, Zeeba S Jairajpuri, Sourya Acharya. Utility of Rapid urease test in diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori infection. International Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Invention 6(4): 4417-4422, 2019
- Pendharkar D, Hassan MJ, Khan S, Khetrapal S, Ahmad N, Jetley S. Cytological diagnosis and management of Bacille-Calmette-Guerin (BCG) induced lymphadenitis in infants. Indian J Pathol Oncol 2019;6(1):63-66.
- Safia R, Jairajpuri ZS, Khetrapal S, Hassan MJ, Gupta M, Jetley S. An analysis of NESTROFT and Red cell indices in evaluating antenatal mothers for Beta Thalassemia trait. Bangladesh Journal of Medical Science 2018;17: 411-416.
- Khetrapal Shaan, Rana Safia, Jairajpuri S Zeeba, Jetley Sujata, Sabina Khan, Mohd. Jaseem Hassan, Nehal Ahmad. Unusual tales of Arch and Nape. Sch J App Med Sci, Jan., 2020; 8(1): 29-39.
- Safia Rana, Nazia M Walvir, Shaan Khetrapal, Sujata Jetley, Zeeba S Jairajpuri. Study of Basal Cell Carcinoma and Its Morphological Spectrum. Scholars Journal of Applied Medical Sciences. Nov., 2019; 7(11): 3718-3723.
- Safia R, Tabish M, Zeeba JS, Sujata J, Shaan K, Kumar CM. Clinicohematological profile of acute febrile illness: Experiences in a hospital catering to semi-urban pediatric population of Delhi. Indian J Child Health. 2019; 6(10):555-558.
- Monal T, Safia R, Shaan K, Sujata J, Rubeena M, Zeeba J. Blood Utilization Practices and Quality Indicators at a Tertiary Care Hospital in South Delhi – A Retrospective Study. National Journal of Laboratory Medicine. 2020; 9(2):1-3.
- Zeeba J, Aniket J, Sujata J, Safia R, Beenish S, Monal T, Shaan K. Expression Profile of Apoptotic and proliferative markers in oral lesions and its clinicopathological significance. International Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Pathology. 2020; 3(1): 358-363.
- Zeeba S Jairajpuri, Shaan Khetrapal, Rubina Mahroo, Sujata Jetley, Arun P Sharma, Simpy Raj, Beenish Sultan, Safia Rana. A Comparative Study of Verrucous Hyperplasia and Verrucous Carcinoma of the Oral cavity: Clinicopathological Dilemma Revisited. Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Journal, Volume 11 Issue 2 (July–December 2020) (in press)
- Amit Gupta, Dinesh Singh, Shaan Khetrapal, Samarth Shukla, Sourya Acharya. Churg-Strauss Syndrome: A Series of Two Cases. Asian Journal of Clinical Cardiology 2013;16(2):65-68.
- Jairajpuri ZS, Rana S, Khetrapal S, Talikoti MA, Jetley S. Extranodal anaplastic large cell lymphoma mimicking sarcoma: A report of an interesting case. Int J App Basic Med Res 2014;4:50-2.
- Shaan Khetrapal, Anupam Bhargava, Sujata Jetley, Safia Rana, Zeeba Jairajpuri. Renal Leiomyoma: An Uncommon Differential Diagnosis of Renal Masses with A Clinical Relevance. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2014;8: 8-9. Rana S, Monga S, Khan S, Khetrapal S, Jetley S. Tubercular abscess of the lower lip: a rare case of mistaken identity. Our Dermatol Online. 2014; 5(2): 169-171.
- Bahadur S, Pujani M, Jetley S, Hassan MJ, Khetrapal S, Husain M. Coexistent axillary hydatid disease and tuberculosis: Case report of an extremely rare ccurrence. J Cytol 2014;31:32-5.
- Bahadur S, Pujani M, Jetley S, Khetrapal S, Raina PK. Large cell lung carcinoma with rhabdoid phenotype: Report of a rare entity presenting with chest wall involvement. J Can Res Ther 2015;11:657
- Khetrapal S, Jairajpuri Z, Rana S, Pujani M, Jetley S. Plexiform Neurofibroma: An Unusual Diagnosis of Lip Swellings. IJSS Case Reports & Reviews 2015;1(12):1-3.
- Shaan Khetrapal, Sujata Jetley, Mohd. Jaseem Hassan, Zeeba Jairajpuri. Cystic Change In Pleomorphic Adenoma :A Rare Finding And A Diagnostic Dilemma. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2015;9(11):7-8.
- Jetley S, Khetrapal S, Ahmad A, Jairajpuri ZS. Atypical proliferative endometrioid tumour of ovary: Report of a rare case. J Postgrad Med 2016;62:129-32
- Sujata Jetley, Shaan Khetrapal, Mukta Pujani, Mohd Jaseem Hassan, Abhinav Jain. Unusual Histology in Hodgkin’s Lymphoma: Report of an Interesting Case. Indian J Surg Oncol 2017; 8(2):181–184
- Jaseem Hassan Mohammad, Sharma Monika, Khetrapal Shaan, Khan Sabina, Jetley Sujata. Cytological diagnosis of crystallizing galactocele-report of an unusual case. Breast Disease.
- Monal Trisal, Shaan Khetrapal , Nehal Ahmad, Sujata Jetley, Zeeba S Jairajpuri. Primary Pure Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Gallbladder Presenting as Chronic Cholecystitis: A Rare Case Report Saudi Journal of Pathology and Microbiology.
- Rahman MK, Rana S, Jairajpuri ZS, Khetrapal S. Renal Cell Carcinoma and Xanthogranulomatous pyelonephritis: A diagnostic challenge. Arch Med Health Sci 2018;6:247-50.
- Nehal Ahmad, Mohd. Jaseem Hassan, Shaan Khetrapal, Sabina Khan and Sujata Jetley. Infarcted Fibroadenoma: An unusual case with its Cyto-histopathological Correlation. Annals of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Vol. 5, Issue 9, September, 2018.
- Pendharkar D, Khetrapal S, Jairajpuri ZS, Rana S, Jetley S. Pancreatic and gastric heterotopia in the gall bladder: A rare incidental finding, Int J App Basic Med Res 2019;9:115-7.
- Khetrapal S, Rana S, Jetley S, Jairajpuri Z. Poorly differentiated carcinoma thyroid: Case report of an uncommon entity. J Can Res Ther 2018;14:1142-4.
- Monika Sharma, Sabina Khan, Shaan Khetrapal, Sujata Jetley, Abhinav Jain. Intestinal Sinonasal Adenocarcinoma with Distinct Immunophenotype. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2017;11(12): 24-25.
- Gaur JH, Hassan MJ, Elahi AA, Khetrapal S, Khan S, Jetley S. Synchronous benign Brenner’s tumor of ovary with leiomyoma and endometrial adenocarcinoma in a postmenopausal female. J Can Res Ther 2019;15:1418-20.
- Simpy Raj, Zeeba S Jairajpuri, Shivani Panhotra, Sujata Jetley, Shaan Khetrapal. “Chondroid Syringoma: An Uncommon Adnexal Tumor at an Unusual Site”. Acta Scientific Cancer Biology 4.2 (2020): 01-03.
- Rana Safia, Jairajpuri S Zeeba, Jetley Sujata, Khetrapal Shaan. Microfilaria in Liver Aspirate: A Rare Finding. Scholars Journal of Medical Case Reports, Jan., 2020; 8(1): 4-6.
Research Work & Projects
- M.D. Thesis- Utility of Rapid urease test in diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori infection
- Co-Supervisor MD Thesis: Morphometry in the cytological evaluation of Breast lesions and its diagnostic significance
- Supervisor MD Thesis: Study of histochemical and immunohistochemical profile in grading of squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity
- Awarded as the Best poster for Basic Course in Medical Education Technology, at The Nodal Centre for National Faculty Development, JNMC, Sawangi (Meghe), Wardha.
- Awarded as the Best poster for Revised Basic Course Workshop in medical Education + AETCOM at Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, New Delhi. October 2019
- Awarded as the Best poster for FACS e learning diploma in flow cytometry. By BD Biosciences in association with Jamia Hamdard.
- Awarded as the Best poster for FACS Orient Training Courses, held at Jamia Hamdard, by BD Biosciences. July 2014.
- Awarded as the Best poster for Spectrum of Microfilariae at unusual sites- an experience at Deapartment of pathology, HIMSR. Presented in CME & Workshop on “ Diagnostic Microbiology: Newer Trends and Advances”, HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard.
- Awarded Best paper Presentation Oral Presentation: “Unusual Tales of Arch & Nape” in CME Oncopathology an update held on 17.03.18 at ESIC Medical College & hospital, Faridabad.
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Indian Association of Pathology & Microbiology (Life Member)
- IAPM Delhi Chapter
- Indian Association of Cytology Delhi Chapter
Invited Talks and Lectures
- Understanding Diabetes: A menace At Swami Shraddhanand College (University of Delhi)
- Thalassemia an Insight At Swami Shraddhanand College (University of Delhi)
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- CME in Transfusion Medicine-2017: 8th August 2017, Department of Pathology, HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard. (Organising Committee)
- Seminar-Cum Workshop on Exfoliative Liquid Based Gynecologic Cytopathology, 17th October 2017. Department of Pathology, HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard. (Organising Committee)
- CME in Dermatopathology, HIMSR – 7th April 2015 (Organising Committee)
- One Day CME in Diagnostic Pathology, HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard, 7th September 2013 (Organising Committee)
- Organized workshop on Basic Hematology for Demonstrators June 2011 at Hakeem Abdul Hameed Centenary Hospital, Jamia Hamdard. (Organising Committee)
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- 31st Annual Conference APCON- Delhi Chapter, DAPCON 2016, held at UCMS & GTB Hospital, Delhi on 28th Feb 2016
- Recent Advances in Physiological Techniques, Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, 20th Sept. 2016
- 32nd Annual Conference, Indian Association of Pathologists and Microbiologists, 26th March 2017.
- CME on Diagnosis & Management of Depression and Anxiety Disorders at HIMSR on 7th April 2017.
- CME on clinical research at HIMSR on 16th May 2017
- 7th Hemoglobinopathy Update Meet a seminar & workshop organized by Bio-Rad Laboratories in Delhi on 7th July, 2017.
- CME in Transfusion Medicine, HIMSR on 8th August 2017.
- Seminar cum Workshop on Exfoliative Liquid Based Gynecologic Cytology at HIMSR on 17th Oct 2017.
- CME Oncopathology an update held on 17.03.18 at ESIC Medical College & hospital, Faridabad.
- Uniting to create Leaders to end Tuberculosis at Jamia Hamdard on 27th March 2018.
- CME on Immunization Updates at HIMSR on 15th May 2018.
- 68th Quarterly Meeting & Scientfic Session of The Association of Practising Pathologists at Hotel Le Meridien, New Delhi on 15th July 2018.
- Gastrointestinal and Hepatopathology Workshop organized by SRL Ltd at Auditorium Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi on 30th Sept, 2018.
- 8th “Dr. V. Ramalingaswami Oration” & Hepatopathology Meeting at ILBS, New Delhi. 7th- 8th August, 2019.
|Course||Date||Time||Topic Competency||Teaching Methodology|