Dr. Ayan Kumar Das
MSC, PHD (Medical Microbiology)
Demonstrator, Department of Microbiology
Reg. Number: DMC-
Designed and developed the BSL-2 facility for COVID-19 testing at HIMSR and presently managing the facility Involved in theory and Practical teaching of MBBS, Nursing, BMLT, BPT/BOT courses. Reporting of clinical samples in all sections of Microbiology laboratories namely bacteriology, Parasitology, Mycology, Mycobacteriology, Serology, Immunology and virology. Member of hospital infection control committee, HAH Centenary Hospital, Jamia Hamdard Member of admission committee, HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard Actively involved in research activities /projects in the department and in collaboration with other faculties like Unani Medicine, College of Nursing and College of Pharmacy, Jamia Hamdard. Member of Cultural Committee of HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard
Area of Interest
- Diagnostic virology
- Tuberculosis research: Presently working on newer TB diagnostic techniques in collaboration between Department of Microbiology and Valitude Prima (an IIT Delhi alumnus initiative.)
- Antimicrobial Resistance: Presently working on drug resistant Enterococci and salmonella typhi
- Alternate Medicine: Presently working on evaluation of effectiveness Unani formulation on Hepatitis B virus and Human papilloma virus infection.
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|PHD, Medical Microbiology||2020||HIMSR, New Delhi|
|MSC, Medical Microbiology||2006||SMIMS, SMU|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Demonstrator||HIMSR, New Delhi||31-01-2011||Till Date|
Research Work & Projects
- ‘Assessment of the role of Unani formulations in the prevention of COVID-19 infection in high-risk population’
- Assessment of Potential Risk Factors for COVID-19 among Health Care Workers in a Health Care Setting in Delhi, India
- An epidemiological Study to Assess Household Transmission & Associated Risk Factors for COVID-19 Disease amongst Residents of Delhi, India.
- To determine COVID-19 Vaccine efficacy and side effects in healthcare workers in HIMSR & HAHC Hospital
- Secured 1ST prize at Medical Research Poster presentation held on 9th Feb 2013 at Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi.
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Organizing member: National CME: Uniting to create leaders to end tuberculosis, 27th March 2018, Jamia Hamdard
- Organizing member CME: Elimination of Hepatitis: A Global Perspective- 17/12/16, Jamia Hamdard
- Organizing member Symposium: Chikungunya and emerging concern-27/09/16, Jamia Hamdard
- Organizing member of ISARCON, Oct 2015, Jamia Hamdard
- Organizing Secretary of National CME and a workshop in “advancement in microbiology: Recent Trends & advances” on Dec. 21st, 2013, supported by ICMR, at Hamdard Convention Centre, Jamia Hamdard.
- Organizing member of Symposium on “Save Lives: Clean your Hand”, on 5th May 2015 at at Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research , Jamia Hamdard
- Organizing member of Symposium on “Dengue: Fight the bite” on oct. 1st, 2013 at HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard and conducted awareness program for neighboring community
- Organizing member of Symposium on Crimean Congo hemorrhagic fever, supported by ICMR, on 28th Feb 2011 at at Hamdard Convention Centre, Jamia Hamdard
- Organizing member of Workshop on Basic life skills for saving lives for medical and paramedical personnel, Jan 2012, at Hamdard Archives, Jamia Hamdard
- Organizing member of two days awareness program for youth of Jamia Hamdard & neighboring slums on world aids day, Supported by ICMR. I Wrote and designed a Handbook on awareness & safety measures that was released and distributed among the youth, Dec 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- Poster presentation: entitled “Molecular Characterization of Vancomycin Resistant Enterococci in Clinical Isolates from North India” at National Conference on Emerging Trends in Disease Model Systems" at The National Center for Cell Science (NCCS),Pune , from March 25-27, 2019
- Oral presentation “Biofilm and other virulence factors in uropathogenic Enterococci” at Conference of Clinical Scientist on Research in Basic Medical Sciences at Hyderabad on 18th Aug 2019
- Poster presentation: Das A K, Nandy S, Dudeja M, Tewari R. Vancomycin Resistance and antibiotic sensitivity profile of Enterococci at tertiary care hospital in Northern India.UP-MICROCON, 1st Feb 2014, Sharda Medical School, Noida, UP