Dr Afreen Khan
Associate professor, Department of Paediatrics
Reg. Number: DMC-53734
Dr Afreen Khan has experience in Pediatrics of over 12 years. She has always been a meritorious students and secured six gold medals while pursuing MBBS from Gandhi Medical College Bhopal. She did her postgraduation(MD Pediatrics ) from prestigious institute VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital, Delhi ; Senior residency from Lady Hardinge Medical College & Kalawati Saran Childrens Hospital, New Delhi and also worked for a brief duration in G B Pant Hospital. She is a lifelong learner and a devoted paediatrician. She emphasises the importance of holistic childhood development(physical, social emotional and mental) and how it is important in shaping up the children of our country into happy , healthy and bright individuals.
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MD||2014||Vardhaman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi||DMC-53734|
|MBBS||2010||Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal, Barkatullah University||DMC-53734||28-08-2011|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Associate Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||03-06-2023||Till Date|
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||03-06-2019||02-06-2023||4 Years|
|Clinical Research Co-ordinator||VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital/CDSA/WHO||16th Aug 2019||12th Jan 2019||6 Months|
|Senior Resident||LHMC & Kalawati Saran Children’s Hospital||28-04-2015||27-07-2018||3 years 3 months|
|Senior Resident||G.B.Pant Hospital, New Delhi||24-09-2014||21-12-2014||3 Months|
- Khan A, Ishani T, Farooq I et al. Rare case of Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia (AIHA)with Protein S deficiency with Splenic infarct.. Asian Journal of transfusion Medicine(xxxxAccepated for publication on 30th April2023.
- Parakh N, Khan A, Sharma S, Chandra J .Clinico-Hematological Profile and Management of Patients With Non-Transfusion Dependent Thalassemia (NTDT) at a Pediatric Center in Northern India. Indian Pediatrics(XXXX) accepted for publication on 12/4/23
- KHAN A, CHAKRAVARTY A, NAQISHBANDI R, HARISH R, KAMILI F. Association of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome Temporally Associated with COVID-19 (MIS-C) with Coinfections: A Retrospective Cross Sectional Analytical Study from Northern India. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2022 May 1:SC06-10.
- Khan A, Chakravarty A, Mahapatra J.Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on childhood immunization in a tertiary health care center.Indian J Community Med 2021;46
- Parakh N, Khan A, Sharma S, Chandra J. Clinical profile and management of HbE-β thalassemia in children: Experience from a tertiary care center in North India. Iran J Ped Hematol Oncol. 2021; 11 (3) :183-191
- Khan A, Chakravarty A, Mohapatra J. Unusual cardiac manifestation of Hepatitis A virus infection in children–A case report. Indian Journal of Child Health. 2020 Dec 30;7(12):500-2.
- Khan A, Yadav J, Debata P, Mohapatra J, Kabi B. Association of Serum Vitamin D levels and recurrent wheezing in children.Journal of clinical diagnostic and research. 2018,10: SC06-SC09.
- Khan A, Chakravarty A, Naqishbandi R, et al. Atypical presentation of acquired tracheo-oesophageal fistula in an adolescent girl with pulmonary tuberculosis BMJ Case Reports CP 2022;15:e242384
- Khan A, Chakravarty A, Jain A, Harish R, Naqishbandi R, Ishani T. Clinical spectrum of neurological manifestations in pediatric Covid-19 illness: a case series. Journal of Tropical Pediatrics. 2021 Jun;67(3):fmab059.
Research Work & Projects
- Worked as CRC in prestigious WHO project entitled “ Immediate skin to skin contact (Immediate kangaroo mother care)
- Spectrum of pediatric COVID illness and its association with Non SARS-CoV-infection: A Study from North India”
- Principal Investigator in Acute Diarrhoeal surveillance and molecular testing for Shigella in India.
- Study of WHO- IYCF indicators and association of WHO complementary feeding indicators with the nutritional status of children 6-23 months in an urban setting(as co-guide)
- Certificate of highest marks in Anatomy (Gold medal)
- Certificate of merit (Gold medal )
- Certificate of honour in Anatomy (Gold medal )
- Certificate of highest marks in Pathology
- Certificate of Distinction in Pathology
- Certificate of Appreciation First Rank March 2007 (Gold medal )
- Mr S.H.Mahalaha Medal for Meritorious student of IInd Prof
- 3rd Prize in Poster presentation North Zone Pedicon(presented by dr Rajni-PG )
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Lifetime membership of Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Lifetime member of NCDPA-IAP
- Lifetime member of Medical education Chapter MEC- IAP
- Executive Board Member IAP-NCDPA(2023-2024)
Invited Talks and Lectures
- Member of organizing committee NCD-PED-CON 2022 held on 10-12-22
- Delivered a talk on “Diagnosis of obesity in different age groups” as Faculty- NCD Ped Con 2022 (10-12-22)
- Presented a poster in Pediatric Hematology Oncology Conference Clinical profile and management of HbE-β thalassemia in children: Experience from a tertiary care center in North India
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Organized ToT on Newborn hearing screening under CIAP action plan
- 32nd IAP Paediatric Quiz for Undergraduates 2019
- 32nd IAP Paediatric Quiz for undergraduates in the divisional round
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- 17th Indian Pediatrics “Workshop on Art & Science of paper writing”/Sep 2019
- Training Programme on Good Clinical Practice at VMMC & SJH, New Delhi organised by Clinical Development Services Agency(CDSA)
- E- Add On Course with DELHI STATE LEGAL SERVICES AUTHORITY/ 10.8.20 to 14.09.2020
- ICH GCP Training Programme conducted by Neogenesis Clinical Research , 25th August 2020
- IMAGICON organized by IAP North Delhi, 2020
- E- Hematocon organized by IAP North Delhi , July 2020.
- Participated in Pediatric Conference of North India & North India pediatric infectious Disease/2-5th December 2020
- Revised Basic Course Workshop in Medical Education Technologies/ 6th to 8th April, 2021
- 2nd Delhi Respicon 2019 organised by pediatrics Respiratory Society/Sep 2019
- Pedicon NZ & PCNI 2019 organised by IAP, Delhi/ Sep 2019
- CME on Thalassemia and the launch of Thalassemia Transition care initiative/May 2018
- Delhi Respicon organized by Pediatrics Respiratory Society Delhi/2018
- Certificate course in Pediatric Ultrasonography & Echocardiography(PILSE 2016) organized by Sir Ganga Ram Hospital , New Delhi
- 28th Annual National Conference of IAP Respiratory Chapter/ Nov 2016
- 52nd Annual National Conference of Indian academy of pediatrics, New Delhi.
- AIIMS Pediatric Pulmonology & Intensive Care Course Module III: Mechanical ventilation