Dr. Arun Parkash Sharma
Assistant professor, Department of ENT & Head And Neck Surgery
Reg. Number: DMC-36399
Dr, Arun Parkash Sharma is working as an Assistant Professor in Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery. His medical qualifications include MBBS from Grant Medical College, Mumbai and MS (ENT) from Govt. Medical College, Nagpur. Additionally, he also possesses FHNO fellowship from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai. His areas of specialization includes Head & Neck Oncosurgery and ENT trauma. He is trained in performing various surgeries of thyroid, salivary glands, oral cavity, Nose and Paranasal Sinuses, larynx (voice box) and all other Head and Neck tumors. He has also worked in Shushruta Trauma Centre, New Delhi.
He is a member of Foundation of Head and Neck Oncology (FHNO). He has numerous articles and papers to his credit.
Area of Interest
- Head and Neck Oncology and ENT Trauma
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MS||2007||GOVT.MEDICAL COLLEGE, RASTRASANT TUKUDOJI MAHARAJ UNIVERSITY, NAGPUR, MAHARASHTRA||36399 - DMC|
|MBBS||1999||GRANT MEDICAL COLLEGE, MUMBAI UNIVERSITY||36399 - DMC|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||HIMSR, New Delhi||26-05-2017||Till Date||3YRS 10 MONTHS|
|LECTURER||HIMSR, New Delhi||05-11- 2015||25-05-2017||I YR 6 MONTH|
|SENIOR RESIDENT||HIMSR, New Delhi||20-12-2011||19-10-2015||3YRS 10 MONTHS|
- Bahadur S, Sharma A, Malik J, Monga S. Preservation of eye in carcinoma of the nose and paranasal sinuses- A critical review. J Head Neck Physicians Surg.2022; 10: 26-9.
- Monga S, Malik JN, Sharma AP, Jetley S. Sporadic Burkitt’s lymphoma of the parapharyngeal space in an immunocompetent adult Indian male. Indian Journal of Medical Specialities. Jan-Jun 2014; Vol. 5: 1-4.
- Monga S, Malik JN, Sharma AP Schwannoma Tongue. Journal of Case Reports 2013;3(2):220-222.
- Monga S, Malik JN, Sharma AP, Jetley S. Diagnostic Dilemma of Polymorphous Low Grade Adenocarcinoma of Hard Palate.Journal of Case Reports 2014;4(1):91-94.
- Monga S, Malik JN, Sharma AP, Jan S. Acute Tuberculous Abscess of the Larynx.An Unusual Presentation. Acta Otorrinolaringol Espanola 2016;67(1):54-56.
- Malik JN, Monga S, Sharma AP, Nabi N, Naseeruddin K. STYLALGIA- Clinical profile & Management. Iranian Journal of Otorhinolaryngology. 2018:Vol.31(6):335-340.
- Monga S, Priya R, Malik J, Sharma AP Primary tubercular otomastoiditis : a diagnostic dilemma; International Journal Of Scientific Research. 2019; 8(7):67-68.
- Priya R, Monga S, Malik J, Sharma AP, Shamim H, et al. Bell’s palsy: Our experience and review of 30 cases. Otorhinolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2019; 4:1-3.
- Monga S, Malik JN, Sharma AP, Nabi N, Bahadur S. Deranged Pulmonary Function Tests in Allergic Rhinitis in North India. Clinical Medicine Insights: Ear, Nose and Throat. 2019
- Monga S, Sharma AP, Malik JN*, Priya R, et al. Oral carcinoma in Young – clinicopathological profile and survival outcomes in a north Indian Population. Journal of Otolaryngology Studies.2019; 2(1):103.
- Malik JN, Sharma AP, Monga S, Alam S, Joshi A, Rasool S, Bahadur S. A retrospective analysis of thyroid dysfunction following multi-modality treatment of head & neck malignancies. Polish Otorhinolaryngology Review. 2020; 9 (3): 17-22.
- Monga S, Sharma AP, Malik JN, Rasool S, Ratna P, Khaja N. Temporal Bone Carcinoma Mimicking As Malignant Otitis Externa. Glob J Otolaryngol. 2017; 9(5): 555773.
- Arun Prakash Sharma, Seema Monga*, Junaid Malik, Khaja Nasereruddin, Shahid Rasool, Ratna Priya. Correlation between BMI and Oral Cancer: A Hospital Based Case- Control Study. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences.2020;12 (online first).
- Arun Parkash Sharma, Junaid Malik, *Seema Monga, Shamsheer Alam, Shahid Rasool, Deepti Agarwal, Sudhir Bahadur.Analysis of the Efficacy of the Pectoralis Major Myocutaneous Flap in Reconstructive Head and Neck Surgery. Acta Otorrinolaringologica Espanola. 2020;(accepted)
- Monga S, Malik JN, Sharma A, Priya R P et al. Mucocele of the frontal sinus revisited.Pol Otorhino Rev 2020; 9 (2) : 1-5; 10.5604/01.3001.0014.1998.
- Jairajpuri ZS, Khetrapal S, Mohroo R, Jetley S, Sharma AP, Raj S, Sultan B. Comparative study of Verrucous Hyperplasia and Verrucous Carcinoma of Oral Cavity: Clinicopathological Dilemma Revisited.Oral Maxillofac Pathol J 2020;11(2):45-49.
- Sharma AP, Naqvi A, Sharma N, Haider K. Assessment Of The Association Between Oral Health And Hygiene Practices And Oral Cancer- A Hospital –Based Case- Control Study. European Journal Of Molecular & Clinical Medicine. 2020;7(8):1206-1211.
Research Work & Projects
- Management of Orbit in Carcinoma of the Nose and Paranasal sinuses- A critical review
- FHNO (Foundation For Head & Neck Oncology) TRAVEL FELLOWSHIP –TATA Memorial Hospital Mumbai.
- Pursuing IFHNOS (International Foundation OF Head and Neck Oncologic Societies) Fellowship.
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Membership of FHNO (Foundation For Head & Neck Oncology)
Invited Talks and Lectures
- “Clinical workup of goiter” at “Teaching worhshop (CME) Head and Neck Oncology- 18, Nov.2017 (DIAGNOSIS and MANAGEMENT OF THYROID MALIGNANCY) at Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Delhi”
- “Role of Nasal endoscope in Sinonasal malignant lesions” at Teaching workshop(CME) on FUNCTIONAL ENDOSCOPIC, SINUS SURGERY(FESS),2, Nov.2019 at Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Delhi”
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Organizing Secretary, “Teaching workshop (CME) Head and Neck Oncology-15th, Nov.2014 (CARCINOMA OF LARYNX and HYPOPHARYNX)”
- Organising Secretary, “Teaching workshop (CME) Head and Neck Oncology-21st, March 2015 (CARCINOMA OF ORAL CAVITY and OROPHARYNX) at Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Delhi”
- Course Coordinator, “Teaching workshop (CME) Head and Neck Oncology- 18, Nov. 2017 (DIAGNOSIS and MANAGEMENT OF THYROID LALIGNANCY) at Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Delhi”
- Teaching workshop(CME) on FUNCTIONAL ENDOSCOPIC SINUS SURGERY(FESS)- 2, Nov.2019 at Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Delhi”
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- CME on Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery(FESS),2nd Nov.2019 at Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research (Delhi).
- “Mastercourse on Oral Cancer Management” on 2nd -4th August 2019 at Tata Memorial Hospital (Mumbai).
- “ORAL CANCER FACTS And FICTION” 29TH June 2019 at Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital Mahamann Pandit Mohan Malviya Cancer Centre, Varanasi
- IFHNO world tour Kolkata 2018 & 18th National Meet of The Foundation for Head & Neck Oncology(FHNO) 26TH October 2018.
- “Mastercourse On Oral Cancer Management” on 27th -29th JULY 2018 at Tata Memorial Hospital (Mumbai).
- Revised Basic Course In Medical Education Technologies on 9th-11th JULY, 2018 at Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research (Delhi).
- Oncosurgery Mastercourse (Oral Cavity) And Cadaver Workshop On 7th- 8th July 2018 In Ahamdabad (Gujrat).
- Head & Neck Form On Larynx/Hypopharynx And Head & Neck Salvage On 16th-18th March 2018 In Jalandhar (Punjab).
- Updates In Oncology-2018 (Controversies In Head & Neck Malignancy) On 28th- 29th April,2018 At Sir Ganga Ram Hospital(Delhi).
- Diagnosis & Management Of Thyroid Malignancies on 18th NOV,2017 at Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research (Delhi).
- “Updates In Management Of Head & Neck Cancer” on 4th-5th Nov, 2017 at AIIMS (Delhi).
- “Master Class In Oral Cancer (FHNO)” on 15th-17th 2017 in Mumbai (Maharastra).
- “International Conference On Surgical Updates” on December18,2017 at Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research (Delhi).
- CME on “Clinical Research” on 16th May,2017 at Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research (Delhi).
- “Current Concepts In Head & Neck Surgery and Oncology” IFHNOS Global Continuing Education Program held on 12th-15th October 2016 in Delhi.
- “National Symposium On Thyroid Cancer”24th Sept,2016 University College of Medical Sciences and GTB Hospital, Delhi