Dr. Monal Trisal
Assistant professor, Department of Pathology
Reg. Number: DMC-18210
Dr. Monal Trisal, MD Pathology is working as Assistant Professor in department of
Pathology, HIMSR . She has 7 years of experience in the field of Teaching, Research and
Diagnostics. She has done herMBBS from Yerevan State Medical University, Armenia and
MD from ASCOMS, Jammu University. She did her one year Fellowship in Oncopathology
from Dharamshila Cancer Hospital,New Delhi. She has experience as Deputy
Technical Manager in NABL in SMSR, Sharda University. She has been
actively involved in research and has 30 publications in National and International indexed
Journals to her credit in journals of repute and has presented papers, posters and been
chairperson in various Conferences. She has been delegate in various conferences and live
workshops including oncopathology conferences in Tata medical centre, Rajiv Gandhi
Institute of Cancer and Research and various cancer hospitals with more than 200 hours CME
credit points and had presented ‘Oral paper’ in International 6 th Emirates Pathology and
Digital Pathology CME, February 2021. She is lifetime member in Dermapathology Society
Of India (DSI), Indian association of Cytologists (IAC), Indian association of Pathologists
and Microbiologists (IAPM).
Area of Interest
- Oral pathology, Lymphoma, Breast pathology, Histopathological techniques, Frozen sections and Immunohistochemistry.
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MBBS||2010||Yerevan State Medical University, Armenia||MCI-12 42683||09-03-2012|
|MD||2015||Acharya Shree Chander College of Medical Sciences, Jammu||DMC-18210||28-09-2017|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR, NewDelhi||10-02-2023||Till Date|
|Assistant Professor||School of medical science and research, Sharda University||03-05-2021||09-02-2023||1 Year 9 Months|
|Demonstrator||HIMSR, NewDelhi||22-08-2016||26-04-2021||4 Years 8 Months|
- Monal Trisal, Safia Rana, Nehal Ahmed, Sujata Jetley. “Subcutaneous Angiolipoma of the Forearm- a rare entity’’. JK Science. 2022;24(2):131-33.
- Sarandeep Singh Puri, Jyoti Mishra , Monal Trisal , Ashish Kumar Mandal, Suparna Dubey . Mucormycosis in COVID-19 patients: A tertiary care experience. ACTA MedicaInternational.2022;9(2):127-31.
- Verma S, Mishra J,Thomas SA, Sahoo SS,Trisal M, Puri SS. Correlation of Serum Adiponectin, Ceruloplasmin and C-reactive Protein with Fasting Blood Glucose Levels and Glycosylated HemoglobinLevels in Type 2 Diabetes. JK Science 2023;25(1):3-6.
- Puri SS, Dubey S, Trisal M, Mishra J, Gill G, Gupta S. Necrotizing Fascitis- A Tale of Two Cases. JK Science [Internet]. 2022 Oct. 10 [cited 2023 Feb. 11];24(4):266-8.
- Khan S, Trisal M, Husain M, Khetrapal S, Hassan J, Jetley S. Solid Pseudopapillary Neoplasm of the Pancreas – A rare entity with emphasis on the differential diagnosis. Tropical J Pathol and Microbiol. 2021;7(1):60-64.
- Trisal M, Khan S, Husain M, Hassan MJ, Ahmad N, Jetley S. Glomus tumor of uncertain malignant potential in the arm of an elderly female- Report of unusual case”- Indian J Dermatopathol Diagn Dermatol. 2020;7:88-91
- Trisal M, Hassan MJ, Ahmad N, Khan S, Jetley S. Angioleiomyoma presenting as a nodular swelling of leg- Report of a rare painful benign soft tissue tumor. IP Arch of Cytol Histopathol Res. 2020;5(3):248-250.
- Monal T, Safia R, Shaan K, Sujata J, Rubeena NM, Zeeba J. Blood Utilization Practices and Quality Indicators at a Tertiary Care Hospital in South Delhi - A Retrospective Study. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2020;9(2):1-3.
- Monal Trisal, Sabina Khan, Mohd. Jaseem Hasan, Sujata Jetley, Inara Abeer. Cytomorphological evaluation of Cutaneous and Subcutaneous masses: A seven-year study from a tertiary care centre in Delhi. Journal of Diagnostic Pathology and Oncology.2019;4(4):286-91.
- Monal Trisal, Arvind Khajuria. A study of histopathological spectrum of gastrointestinal endoscopic biopsies in a tertiary care centre. Saudi Journal of Pathology and Microbiology. 2018; 3(8).
- Monal Trisal, Safia Rana, Beenish Sultan, Sujata Jetley. Primary Malignant Schwannoma of the Uterine Cervix: Unusual Site Posing a Diagnostic Challenge. Scholars Journal of Applied Medical Sciences. 2019;7(10):3430-33.
- Monal Trisal et al. 'A Rare Case of Synchronous Giant Mucinous Cystadenoma of left ovary With Mucinous Cystadenoma of Appendix', International Journal of Current Medical and Pharmaceutical Research.2021;07(03):5641-5643.
- Zeeba S. Jairajpuri, Aniket Jadhav, Sujata Jetley, Safia Rana, Beenish Sultan, Monal Trisal, Shaan Khetrapal. Expression profile of apoptotic and proliferative markers in oral lesions and its clinicopathological significance. International Journal of clinical and diagnostic pathology. 2020;3(1).
- Monal Trisal, Mohd. Jaseem Hassan, Safia Rana, Rubeena Naz Mohroo, Sujata Jetley. Fibroadenoma arising in Accessory Breast tissue of the Axilla: A rare case report. Archives of Cytology and Histopathology Research. 2018;3(2):105-6.
- Monal Trisal, Shaan Khetrapal, Nehal Ahmad, Sujata Jetley, Zeeba S. Jairajpuri. Primary Pure Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Gall bladder presenting as Chronic Cholecystitis- A rare case report. 2017;2(8):251-53. Saudi Journal of Pathology and Microbiology.
- Monal Trisal, Sabina Khan, Mohd Jaseem Hassan, Sujata Jetley, Musharraf Husain, Sujata Jetley. Clear Cell Sarcoma in an Elderly female: A rare case report with literature review. Journal of Diagnostic Pathology and Oncology. 2017;2(2):37-9.
- Monal Trisal, Kangana Sengar. An unusual case of Synchronous Carcinosarcoma of the Uterus with Bilateral Ovarian Papillary Serous Carcinoma and a Leiomyoma. Journal for Cancer. 115 (2017) 196-202.
- Monal Trisal, Kangana Sengar, Sanjay Deb, Ramesh Dawar. Mature Cystic Teratoma harboring a Squamous cell carcinoma. Saudi journal of Pathology and Microbiology. 2017;2(7):215-19.
- Monal Trisal, Kangana Sengar, Sumedha Kotwal, Ramesh Dawar. Early Gastric Carcinoma-A rare variant of a common entity. Annals of applied bio-sciences. 2016;3(1).
- Kangana Sengar, Monal Trisal, Sanjay Deb, Ramesh Dawar. Mature Cystic Teratoma of the uterine surface and ovary with Adenocarcinoma of the Endometrium. An unusual case scenario and literature review. Middle East Journal of Cancer. 2016;7(4):229-33.
- Kangana Sengar, Monal Trisal, Rashi Gupta, Sumedha Kotwal, Sanjay Deb, Ramesh Dawar. De Novo Pure Erythroleukemia (AML, M6b)- A rare variant of AML. Scholars Journal of Applied Medical Sciences. 2016;4(9):3317-18.
- Monal Trisal. Adult Multisystemic Langerhans cell histiocytosis in adult- An uncommon incidence posing a diagnostic challenge. International Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2016;4(4).
- Bawana Raina, Ajay Misri, Monal Trisal, Naveen Kumar. Primary Renal Hydatid cyst masquerading as matrix renal stones. Indian Journal of Basic and Applied Medical Research. 2016;5(3):817-21.
- Kangana Sengar, Monal Trisal, Sanjay Deb, Ramesh Dawar. Marjolin Ulcer with metastasis: Malignant neoplasm arising from burnt scar. Scholars Journal of Applied Medical Sciences. 2016;4(9):3319-21.
Research Work & Projects
- ICMR Project- Expression profile of apoptotic and proliferative markers in oral lesions and its clinicopathological significance. International Journal of clinical and diagnostic pathology. (Original research) 2020;3(1). Zeeba S. Jairajpuri, Aniket Jadhav, Sujata Jetley, Safia Rana, Beenish Sultan, Monal Trisal, Shaan Khetrapal.
- Fellowship in Oncopathology 2015-2016 from Dharamshila Cancer Hospital and Research Centre, New Delhi
- Third prize in National Cancer Congress Update on Hematopoietic malignancies 2016 organized by Dharamshila Cancer Hospital and Research Centre entitled as “An unusual case of synchronous Carcinosarcoma of the Uterus with Bilateral Ovarian Papillary Serous Carcinoma and a Leiomyoma”
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Life time Member of Indian Association of Pathologists and Microbiologists- 1167/17
- Lifetime Member of Indian Association of Cytologists- 203/18
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- Presented ‘Oral paper’ in International 6 th Emirates Pathology and Digital Pathology CME, February 2021.
- Delegate in Webinar on Safe Blood Transfusion Practices- Blood Bank to Bed side organized by Sri Devaraj URS Medical College, January 2021.
- Enrolled in Basic course in biomedical research Cycle 3 August 2020.
- Delegate in World Antimicrobial Awareness Week in CME on “Rational use of Antimicrobials” on 24 th November 2020 in Hamdard Institute of Medical sciences and Research, New Delhi.
- Delegate in Workshop on AETCOM and CBME conducted by Medical Education Unit, HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard. November 2019.
- Presented Poster and delegate in DAPCON-2018 entitled as “A case of fibroadenoma in Accessory Breast tissue of the Axilla: A rare finding.
- Delegate in CME on immunization updates organized by Dept of Community Medicine, 2018. HIMSR, New Delhi
- Delegate in Workshop cum Seminar on Exfoliative Liquid based Gynecological Cytology- 2017. Organised by Department of Pathology, HIMSR, New Delhi.
- Presented poster and delegate in 32 nd Annual Conference, APCON, Delhi Chapter 2017 entitled as “Clear cell sarcoma of the foot- A rare case report of malignant melanoma of soft parts.”
- Delegate in CME on Clinical Research organized by Research Project advisory committee, May 2017. HIMSR, New Delhi
- Presented poster and delegate in 3rd international GI Hepato Oncopathology Conference 2016 (Tata Medical Centre, Kolkata) Entitled “Early gastric Carcinoma – A case report”.
- Poster presentation in International Conference organized by Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital and Research Centre- Lymphoma Update 2016 entitled as Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis- A case report.
- Poster Presentation in International conference on Hemato-oncopathology 2016 organized by BRAICH, AIIMS, New Delhi entitled as De Novo Pure Erythroleukemia (AML, M6b)- A rare variant of AML.
- CME on “Cytology of Hepato-pancreato-biliary disorders” IAC-Delhi Chapter and Dept of cytopathology, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, March New Delhi
- Attended Live Oncosurgery Demonstration Course “ONCOSURG 2015” in 11th Annual Live Surgery Course, Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai.
- Attended 32 nd Annual Conference IAPM organized by Lady Hardinge Medical College New Delhi, March 2017.