Dr. Nilima Sharma
BDS , MDS
Associate professor, Department of Dentistry
Reg. Number: DDC/A-2920
Dr. Nilima Sharma completed her masters in Periodontology in the year 2008 from College Of Dental Sciences, Davangere Karnataka. She did her Senior Residency from Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, New Delhi. An active participant of academic activities both within and outside the institute. Successfully completed observer ship programme from California USA in 2016. An ardent attendee of various continuing dental education program and workshops to keep abreast with the latest innovations in dentistry. She is also a co-guide of students pursuing Phd and Masters degree. Conducts dental awareness camps in association with various NGO’s to highlight the importance of good oral health. Besides diligently carrying out her duties of an academician, clinician, researcher and administrator her source of inspiration lies in the daily practice of yoga and pranayama.
Area of Interest
- Periodontal plastic surgery
- Role of genetics in Periodontal diseases
- Recent advances in Oral implantology
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MDS||2008||CODS, Davangere Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences.||DDC/A-2920|
|BDS||1998||M.R.A.D.C.H Bangalore University||DDC/A-2920|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Associate Professor & Head||HIMSR, New Delhi||23-09-2015||Till Date|
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||19-12-2011||22-09-2015||3 Years 9 Months|
|Senior Resident||MAIDS, New Delhi||10-02-2010||02-08-2011||1 Year 6 Months|
|Senior Lecturer||LBDCH, Patiala||01-08-2009||06-02-2010||06 months|
|MNDAV Dental college, Solan HP||MNDAV Dental college, Solan H.P.||01-08-2008||31-07-2009||1 year|
- Arun Parkash Sharma, Akbar Naqvi, Nilima Sharma, Khustar Naqvi. Association Between Oral Health And Hygiene Practices And Oral Cancer A Hospital Based Case Control Study. 2020 Eur J Mol & Clin Med 7: 1206-1211.
- Sukhvinder Singh Oberoi , Mansi Atri , Sunil chaudhary , Nilima Sharma and Avneet kaur Recent advances in the development of Nicotine vaccine: A systematic review. 2020 Ann Public Health Res 7(3): 1098.
- N Sharma, SS Oberoi. A Cross-sectional Study to Evaluate the Periodontal Health Status of Construction Workers with and without Tobacco Habits in New Delhi, India .Journal of Contemporary Dentistry. 2018; 8: 120-124.
- M Parashar, N Sharma, R Agarwalla, S Dwivedi, R Pathak. Prevalence and correlates of tobacco chewing among construction site workers: A cross-sectional study in Delhi. Indian Journal of Medical Specialities. 2017; 8: 64-67.
- A Naqvi, D Gopalakrishnan, MT Bhasin, N Sharma, K Haider, S Martande. Comparative evaluation of bioactive glass putty and platelet rich fibrin in the treatment of human periodontal intrabony defects: a randomized control trial. Journal of clinical and diagnostic research: JCDR. 2017; 11: ZC09.
- SS Oberoi, V Mohanty, N Sharma, A Oberoi. Self-reported knowledge and attitude toward the treatment of HIV/AIDS infected individuals by the Dental Practitioners working in a public sector institute: A cross sectional study. Journal of Education and Ethics in Dentistry.2015; 5: 14-19.
- SS Oberoi, N Sharma, V Mohanty, C Marya, A Rekhi, A Oberoi.2014 Knowledge and attitude of faculty members working in dental institutions towards the dental treatment of patients with HIV/AIDS. International scholarly research notices.2014;
- SS Oberoi, CM Marya, N Sharma, V Mohanty, M Marwah, A Oberoi. Knowledge and attitude of Indian clinical dental students towards the dental treatment of patients with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)/acquired immune‐deficiency syndrome. International Dental Journal. 2014; 64: 324-332
- N Sharma, KL Vandana. Melanin: a scavenger in gingival inflammation Indian J Dent Res.2011; 22 :38-43.
- Sharma N, Hassan MJ. Benign fibrohistiocytic tumour of the palate. Indian J Dermatopathol Diagn Dermatol 2020; 7:23-26.
- N Sharma, A Sharma. Buccal mucosal hypertrophy secondary to open bite Contemporary clinical dentistry. 2015; 6: S262-265.
- S Nilima, K Sabina.Demystifying Natal Teeth. International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology. 2015;6: 26-29.
- S Nilima, N Akbar, J Daisy. Christ Siemens Touraine Syndrome :A Case Report. Asia Pacific Journal of Scientific Research. 2016;1: 10-11.
- S Nilima, KL Vandana. Evidence Based Periodontal Therapy: A Review Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research. 2008; 2: 774-779.
- M Gupta, N Sharma.Musculoskeletal Disorders Seen in Dental Health Care Providers. Journal Of Dental Research and Tharapies.2009; 1 (2)
- N Sharma, S Prakash, KL Vandana. Periodontal Medicine Karnataka State Dental Journal.2007; 26:50-53.
- S Nilima, D Shridhar. The deleterious trilogy: Tobacco, Periodontal disease and Cardiovascular disease. JSM Health Educ Prim Health Care. 2016; 1:1002
- S Dwivedi, N Sharma, V Sharma. Dental considerations in cardiovascular patients: A practical perspective. Indian Heart Journal. 2017; 69: 423.
- S Dwivedi, N Sharma. Letter regarding “Are cardiovascular risk parameters and glycemic levels associated with periodontitis in type 2 diabetes patients? A clinical study. Indian Heart Journal. 2018; 70, 948.
- S Nilima, S Anuj, P Mukta, K Sunil. An unusual Focus of extrapulmonary Tuberculosis. International Journal of advances in Medicine2015; 2 ; 429-432.
Research Work & Projects
- Crossectional study to assess prevalence of risk factors and knowledge of hepatitis B among patients attending health care centres of a tertiary level institute in New Delhi, India.
- Fellow of College of Dental Practitioners.
- Special Award of Appreciation Conferred by “The Indian Society of Periodontology” For celebration of Oral Hygiene Day -2013,2014,2015,2016
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Life Member of Indian Society of Periodontology
- Life Member of Indian Association of Dental Research
- Member Indian Dental Association
Invited Talks and Lectures
- Guest Of Honour At The Haryana Urban Dental Health Centre: May 2017
- Dentists Association of India All India Dental Symposium: August 2016
- Paper Presentation 41st Annual National Conference ISP 2016
- Guest lecture , National Academy of Science : December 2011
- College of Dental Practitioners (India) & MAIDS CDE Program & Workshop on Periodontics September 2010
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Oral Hygiene Day 1 st August 2019 Venue: The Delhi Society for the Welfare of Special Children
- Oral Hygiene Day 1 st August 2017 Venue: The Delhi Society for the Welfare of Special Children
- World No Tobacco Day 31st May 2017 Venue: Urban Health Training Centre at Prahaladpur
- World Oral Heath Day 20th March 2017 Venue: Rural Health Training Center Madan Pur Khader
- Dental camp with NGO TARA (Trade Alternative Reform Action) 19th January 2017 Venue: TajPur Pahari, Badarpur
- Oral Hygiene Day 1st August 2015 Venue: Delhi Cheshire Home
- Dental camp with NGO Woman Collaborative Action for Nation Bulliding (CAN)24thth January 2016 Venue Sewa Bharti Madhav Seva Kendra, Trilokpuri New Delhi
- Dental camp with NGO Woman Collaborative Action for Nation Bulliding 15th March 2015 Venue Batla House
- Oral hygiene day 1 st August 2014 Venue: Rural Health Training Centre at Madanpur Khader
- Dental Camp in Collaboration with NGO Dargah Peerana Sharif Venue: Modern Fairfield Public School, Sangam Vihar 13th April 2014
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- Revised Basic Course Workshop In Medical Education Technologies HIMSR 6th -8th April 2021
- 29th Annual conference Indian Academy Aesthetic and Cosmetic Dentistry Virtual Conference 31st October-1st November 2020
- Association of Maxillofacial Radiologists & Oral Physicians of India FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM, organised in association with HashTag Medical Writing Solutions & Govt Dental College Raipur. webinar August 2020
- Third Intercontinental Colloquim On SCIENTIFIC ORAL IMPLANTOLOGY New Delhi 12th January 2020
- Curriculum Implementation Support Program HIMSR , New Delhi 01st -3 rd May 2019
- Dental Conference ”EASTDENT” New Delhi 20th -21st April 2019
- Seminar cum workshop on DENTAL IMPLANTS: Faculty of dental Sciences, BHU Varanasi 14th -16th July 2018
- CSM Conclave 2018: IMPLANTOLOGYPROSTHETIC & SURGICAL SYNERGY New Delhi 22nd April 2018
- Hands on workshop on “ USE OF ULTRASONIC PIEZOELECTRIC SURGICAL UNIT IN ORAL IMPLANTOLOGY”, New Delhi 8 th April 2018
- Workshop & Hands –on training on CLINICAL LEARNING: HIMSR, New Delhi April 2018
- Workshop on “THE ALL IN ONE ENDO SOLUTION” New Delhi 17th January 2018
- Workshop on “CLINICAL RESEARCH” HIMSR, New Delhi 16th May 2017
- Webinar ON LASER BIOSTIMULATION - Low Laser Therapy Webinar 25th April 2017
- 41st National Conference ISP Nagpur 21st -23rd October 2016