Dr Nimmi A Jose
MBBS, MD (Psychiatry), MRCPsych (UK)
Associate professor, Department of Psychiatry
Reg. Number: DMC-R-05472
Graduate and postgraduate of prestigious Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, with more than 11 years of experience in the field of Psychiatry. Experienced clinician & academician with excellent communication skills. Has experience at international level and is a Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, United Kingdom. Has keen inclination for serving the underprivileged sections of the society.
Area of Interest
- General adult psychiatry
- Substance abuse & Deaddiction psychiatry
- women’s mental health
- child psychiatry
- community mental health
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MRCPsych||2018||Royal College of Psychiatrists, United Kingdom||925654|
|MD (Psychiatry)||2013||Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi University||DMC/R-05472|
|MBBS||2008||Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi University||DMC/R-05472|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Associate Professor & Head||HIMSR, New Delhi||12-02-2021||Till Date|
|Assistant Professor||SGT medical College Hospital & Reserach Institute, Gurugram||06-07-2017||10-02-2021||3 Years 7 Months 4 Days|
|Assistant Professor||Christian Medical College, Ludhiana||10-10-2016||26-06-2017||8 Months 15 Days|
|Senior Resident||GB Pant Institute of Medical Education & Research, New Delhi||19-07-2013||13-08-2016||3 years 25 days|
- N Jose, D Elwadhi, D Makkar. Consultation-liaison approach for the management of psychiatric manifestations in inpatients of neurology and neurosurgery wards in a tertiary superspeciality hospital in New Delhi, India. International journal of Applied Pharmaceutical and Biological Research, 2016;1(5):9-13.
- Gupta M, Jose N, Raikhy S, Deliberate Self-Poisoning (DSP): A Psychosocial Review, Indian Journal of Medical Specialities (2010),
- Kapoor A, Kohli K, Kapoor A, Jose NA. Improvement in quality of life with buprenorphine in opioid dependence. NJPPP 2019;7(9):689-94
- Kapoor A, Kohli K, Sarma P, Kapoor A, Jose NA. Prevalence and pattern of opioid addiction in Haryana, Punjab and Rajasthan. Int J Adv Res 2019;7(4):697-701.
- Jose NA, Yadav P, Kapoor A. Mahla VP. Comparision between baclofen and topiramate in alcohol dependence: A prospective study. Ind Psychiatry J 2019;28:44-50.
- Aggarwal N, Prakash R, Jose N. A cross-sectional study of serum folate and vitamin B12 levels in psychiatric in-patients. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2019;21(0):19
- Yadav P, Tewari A, Arora P, Jose NA, Mahla VP, Tripathi A.To compare psychological distress, intolerance to uncertainty, and resilience in individuals quarantined for COVID-19 pandemic, and in healthcare providers in a tertiary care hospital. Int J Adv Res 2020;8(07):242-9. (Corresponding author)
- Sheokand N, Jose NA, Kapoor A, Arora P, Mahla VP. Association of sleep problems and common mental health problems in engineering students of SGT University, Gurugram, India. Int J Adv Res 2020;8(12):148-55.
Research Work & Projects
- A cross sectional study of association of sleep quality components and mental health in undergraduate students of SGT University, Gurugram, Haryana, India
- Comparison of anti-craving effect of naltrexone, topiramate, baclofen in patients of alcohol dependence”
- To determine the association of serum lipid profile with depression.
- To determine the efficacy of escitalopram and L-Methhyl folate versus escitalopram and S- Adenosy –L-Methionine (SAMe) versus Escitalopram monotherapy on depressive episode: A Randomised control trial
- To determine psychiatric co-morbidities in patients with alcohol use disorders
- The occurrence of faith healing seeking practices among the caregivers of patients with schizophrenia vs. other psychiatric diagnoses.
- Fellow of the Indian Psychiatric Society (Membership no. 1401512019)
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Member of Royal College of Psychiatrists, London (925694)
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Golden Jubilee CME-2015, Department of Psychiatry, GB Pant Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, March 2015
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- Faculty Capacity Building in Teaching Technology Programme. DGT University, Gurugram, Haryana, 21st-22nd March 2018.
- Revised Basic Course Workshop in Medical Education Technologies. SGT University, Gurugram, Haryana, 07th to 09th August 2018.
- Sensitization Programme (AET-COM) in Medical Education Technologies. SGT University, Gurugram, Haryana, 10th August 2018.
- Research Publication: Importance of Ethics & Quality. Workshop organized by SGT Council for Biomedical Research, SGT University, 9th March 2019
- Workshop on ‘Curriculum Implementation Support Program (CISP-2). SGT University, Gurugram, Haryana, 17-18 September 2020.