Dr. Nusrat Nabi
MBBS; MD (Pharmacology); PG Diploma. Pharmacovigilance & Clinical Research; PG Diploma. Mother & Child Health
Assistant professor, Department of Pharmacology
Reg. Number: DMC-81883
Dr. Nusrat Nabi is an academician with clinical research acumen. She believes that knowledge is power and finds teaching a platform to advocate her students to strive for “Beneficial Knowledge”. She looks forward to making medical education at HIMSR & HAHC Hospital par excellence. She practices active teaching and lays emphasis on Evidence Based Medicine to produce competent medical practitioners. Dr. Nabi is passionate about establishing Clinical Pharmacology especially Critical Care Pharmacology as a distinct field of training and medical care. She has been actively involved in research projects in diverse clinical specialties. Dr. Nabi has been at the forefront of initiating and implementing the Antimicrobial Stewardship at HAHC Hospital and organized a 3 day national level virtual academic feast on “Rational Use of Antimicrobials” during the pandemic. Dr. Nabi is also enthusiastically engaged in organizing and coordinating various academic as well as extracurricular activities at HIMSR.
Area of Interest
- Critical Care Pharmacology
- Clinical Trials
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MD||2016||Rama Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, Kanpur. Agra University||DMC-81883||29-10-2017|
|MBBS||2004||Sheri Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Kashmir. SKIMS Deemed University||JKMC-8288||21-10-2004|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||05-08-2020||Till Date|
|Tutor||HIMSR, New Delhi||20-07-2017||03-08-2020||3 Years|
|Assistant Professor||Saraswati Medical College, Unnao.||07-12-2016||19-07-2017||7 Months|
|Tutor||Rama Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Kanpur.||01-03-2016||06-12-2016||9 Months|
|Tutor||Rama Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Kanpur.||31-05-2012||26-02-2016||3 Years 9 Monts|
- Alam S, Baluja Z, Nabi N. Feedback of Second Year Medical Students on Existing Teaching Methodology in Pharmacology: A Questionnaire Based Study. Int Arch BioMed Clin Res. 2019,5(1):42-45.
- Baluja Z, Nusrat Nabi N, Ray A. Challenges in Antimicrobial Resistance: An Update. EC Pharmacology and Toxicology 6.9 (2018):865-877.
- Nabi N, Baluja Z, Mukherjee S, Saha N. Trends in Practices of Self-Medication with Antibiotics among Medical Undergraduates in India. (J Pharm Bioall Sci; in press)
- Nusrat N, Agarwal R, Nigam N, Pranjal P. Assessment of Adherence to Cardiovascular Medicines in RuralPopulation Attending a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital. World Jr Pharmaceut Research. 2018; 7(17):1268-1278
- Nusrat N, Gupta S, Naikoo NN, Mukhopadhyay H. A Study on Knowledge, Attitude and Perception about Antibiotic Prescribing Among Undergraduates in a Teaching Hospital. Indian Jr of Applied Research.2018 August;8(8):69-71
- Nusrat N, Gupta S, Naikoo NN, Mukhopadhyay H. Comparison of efficacy and tolerability of immediate release glucosamine HCL and glucosamine HCL sustained release formulation in the treatment of knee osteoarthritis: A randomised clinical trial. Int Arch BioMedClin Res.2018;4(3):54-58.
- Nabi N, Nigam N, Kumar B, Pranjal P, Naikoo NN. Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (LUTS) A Public Health Menace: A Study on Association of Recurrent Urinary Tract Infection with Chronic Bacterial Prostatitis in Indian Men. Paripex Indian Jr of Research. 2018 May;7(5):109-111
- Nusrat N, Nigam N, Pranjal P, Naikoo NN, Mukhopadhyay H. A randomized comparative study on efficacy and safety profile of ivabradine and ranolazine, in patients of chronic stable angina pectoris. Int. Arch BioMedClin Res.2018;4(2):128-132
- Nusrat N, Nilam N, Mukhopadhyay H, Meghwani MK, Banoo H et. al. A comparative study of arformoterol and salbutamol nebulization in the management of patients with acute non-severe bronchial asthma. J. Evolution Med. Dent. Sci 2017;6 (3):215-218
- Banoo H, Vibha G, Nusrat N. Effect of Cold Stress and Cold Pressor Test on Blood Pressure and Heart Rate. Int. Arch BioMedClin Res. 2016 June;2(2):65-68
- Nusrat N, Gupta S, Naikoo NN et. al. A comparative study of silodosin and tamsulosin in treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia. J. Evolution Med. Dent. Sci 2016;5 (77):5673-5677
- Banoo H, Arya M, Gupta A, Nusrat N, Nabi N. Acute and chronic effects of formalin on pulmonary functions of medical students in anatomy dissection hall. Indian Journal of PhysiolPharmacol2016; 60(4):380-385
- Nusrat N, Prabha P, Banoo H, Nabi N. Prevalence of Thyroid Hormone Disorder in Pregnant Females at a Tertiary Care Hospital in the Rural Area of Mandhana - Kanpur. Rama Univ. J. Med Sci 2015;1(4):8-17
- Nusrat N, Nigam N, Agarwal PK, Nasir N. Association Of Bacterial Vaginosis With Recurrent Urinary Tract Infection In Women Of Reproductive Age Group. Rama Univ. J. Med Sci 2015;1(1):23-26
- Banoo H, Nusrat N, Nasir N. Association of Body Mass Index and Gender with Anxiety Score in Students of Medical Science. Rama Univ. J. Med Sci 2015;1(1):27-31
- Banoo H and Nusrat N. Implications of Low Stomach Acid: An Update. Rama Univ. J. Med Sci 2016;2(2): 16- 26
- Banoo H, Nabi N.Canagliflozin: An Educational Review. Rama Univ. J. Med Sci 2016;2(3):18-29
- Banoo H, Nusrat N. Evoked Potential Studies: A Diagnostic Tool For Neurological Disorders. Rama Univ. J. Med Sci 2015;1(3): 24-34
- Banoo H, Nusrat N, Nasir N. Type2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Review of Current Trends. Rama Univ. J. Med Sci 2015;1(2):50-57
- Banoo H, Gangwar V, Nusrat N. Voluntary Participation in An Active Learning Exercise Leads To Better Understanding Of Physiology. The Indian Journal of Bio Research. 2014, 85(4): 71-77.
- Banoo H, Gangwar V, Nusrat N. Teaching Physiology by Various Practical Experimental Lessons. The Indian Journal of Bio Research. 2014, 85(3): 71-77.
Research Work & Projects
- A Study to Evaluate the Pattern of Antimicrobial Utilization, Adverse Events, Biomarkers and Treatment Costs in Intensive Care Unit Patients in a Tertiary Care Hospital.” ICMR Approved Project
- A Comparative Analysis of COVID-19 Mortality Rate across the Globe: An Extensive Analysis of the Associated Factors
- A Multicentric Study on Knowledge, Attitude and Perceptions about Antimicrobial Stewardship of Indian Medical Students. Multi centric project at 5 medical colleges across India.
- Drug Utilisation Study of Antibiotics and Analgesics in the Department of Dentistry at a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital
- Point Prevalence Survey of Antimicrobial Utilization in a Tertiary - Care Teaching Hospital
- Certified in Curriculum Implementation Support Program; MEU, HIMSR, 2020
- Certified in Revised Medical Education Training (MET); KGMU, MCI regional training centre, 2016
- Certified in Good Clinical Practice; Cliniminds (Rama Medical College), 2016
- USMLE certified, 2010
- First Prize for Poster Presentation; “A Pharmacological Comparative Study of Arformoterol and Salbutamol Nebulization in the Management of Patients Suffering from Acute Non-Severe Bronchial Asthma”, 2019.
- “Young Scientists Award” for Best Oral Presentation; “Phase - 0 Studies: An Innovative Alternative Tool to Animal Experiments”, 2018.
- 3rd Position in Final MBBS
- Merit Certificate in Forensic Medicine
- Merit Certificate in Physiology
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Member; Delhi Medical Society
- Member; Pharmaco-therapeutics Committee, HIMSR & HAHC Hospital
- Coordinator; Academic Meetings (Clinical & Research Meet Society) HIMSR & HAHC Hospital
- Member; Library Committee
- Member; Cultural and Literary Committee, HIMSR & HAHC Hospital
- Member; Foyer Committee
- Member; Hospitality Committee, HIMSR & HAHC Hospital
- Assistant Editor; Rama University Journal of Medical Sciences
Invited Talks and Lectures
- Oral Lecture Presentation; “Point Prevalence Survey of Antimicrobial Utilisation in a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital”. SFEC 2020, 7th International Congress of Society for Ethnopharmacology, India; School of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi; February, 2020
- Poster Presentation; “A Pharmacological Comparative Study of Arformoterol and Salbutamol Nebulization in the Management of Patients Suffering from Acute Non-Severe Bronchial Asthma”. CME on New Drugs and Clinical Trials Rules 2019, Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences, SGT University, Gurugram, Delhi-NCR; February, 2020.
- Invited Guest Lecture; “Knowledge, attitude and practices of healthcare professionals on pharmacovigilance at a tertiary care hospital”; National Conference on Current Trends in Translational Medicine and Pharmacovigilance: Stress on Skill Development; School of Pharmaceutical Education & Research; Jamia Hamdard; October,2018
- Lecture Presentation; “Practices of Self-medication of Antibiotics among Medical Undergraduates”; Research meeting; HIMSR; July,2018
- Lecture Presentation;“Nanotechnology: Revolutionising Pharmacotherapeutics”; National Conference on Pharmaceutical Regulatory Landscape: Its Key Role and Functions; School of Pharmaceutical Education & Research; Jamia Hamdard; February,2018
- Lecture Presentation; “Phase - 0 Studies: An Innovative Alternative Tool to Animal Experiments”; National Conference on Alternatives to Animal Experiments; Jamia Hamdard; November,2018
- Poster Presentation; “Critical Care Pharmacology: An overview”; CME on Geriatric Anaesthesia – A Contemporary Approach; HIMSR; Jamia Hamdard; October,2018
- Poster Presentation;“Recurrent UTI: A public Health Menace”; National Conference on "Diseases and Drugs: Emerging Trends and Challenges”; Zakir Husain Delhi College; University of Delhi; January,2018
- Poster Presentation; “Outcomes of statin therapy on the lipid profile and blood glucose levels of patients with metabolic syndrome, at a tertiary care hospital, in Kanpur.”49th IPSCON Annual Conference, PGIMER, Chandigarh, 2016
- Poster Presentation; “What Are Prebiotics And Probiotics?”; 5th APPICON Annual Conference, SGRR institute of medical & health sciences, Dehradun, 2014
- Lecture Presentation;“Recent Trends in Insulin Drug Delivery Systems”; UP-ASICON Annual Conference, Rama Medical College, Kanpur, 2013
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Organized; World Health Day 2021 "Building a fairer, healthier life for all". HIMSR & HAHCH. 6th April, 2021.
- Program Coordinator; World Tuberculosis Day 2021 “The Clock is Ticking”. HIMSR & HAHCH. 24th March 2021.
- Program Coordinator; 1st Distinguished Guest Lecture on “Clinical Trials in Indian Hospital Setups” by Dr. Brijesh Regal (Founder and Principal Mentor at Apothecaries, USA). HIMSR & HAHCH. 23rd February, 2021
- Organizing Secretary; 3-Day program on "World Antimicrobial Awareness Week"; comprising of Awareness Program on Hospital Antimicrobial Stewardship, Inter-college Art Integrated Program and CME on Rational Use of Antimicrobials. HIMSR & HAHCH. 21st to 24th November, 2020.
- Program Coordinator; Webinar on “Medicine Procurement and Inventory Management: The Stepping Stone to Good Pharmacy Practice”, by Dr. Ramesh Adepu (Principal cum Director Vikas College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Telangana). 5th September, HIMSR, New Delhi, 5th September, 2020
- Program Coordinator; webinar on National Doctors Day; COVID-19: The New World Order. HIMSR, New Delhi, 1st July, 2020
- Conducted; Guest Lecture on “Medication Adherence: Barriers, Challenges and Opportunities” by Prof. SK Maulik (Dept. of pharmacology AIIMS); Research meeting; HIMSR, October,2017
- Organized, Conducted & Lecture presentation; Sensitization Workshop on Revised Basic Course in MET; Saraswati Medical College, Unnao, 2017
- Organized & Conducted; Conference on Womens’ Health – Menarche to Menopause & Beyond; Saraswati Medical College, Unnao, 2017
- Organized& Conducted, Guest Lecture by Prof. S. P. Singh on Global Pharmacovigillance Program; Saraswati Medical College, Unnao, 2017
- Organized & Conducted; Workshop on Adolescent Health; Saraswati Medical College, Unnao, 2017
- Organized & Conducted; Workshop on Surveillance of Vaccine Preventable Diseases; Saraswati Medical College, Unnao, 2016
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- Attended the workshop on Curriculum Implementation Support Program II, HIMSR, New Delhi, 24th & 25th September, 2020
- Participated in Workshop cum Awareness Program on “Pharmacovigilance: A Tool to Ensure Drug safety”. HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi; November, 2019.
- Attended International Conference, IPATHCON2019, “Demystifying Transgender Healthcare: Addressing the Felt Need”. Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi; November, 2019.
- Participated in CME-cum-Workshop on “Current trends and future prospects in Pharmacovigilance – An integral part of Medicine Safety”. Department of Pharmacology, Government Institute of Medical Sciences, Greater Noida, U.P; September, 2019.
- Participated in Workshop on Ethics in Clinical Research; Lucknow’s Era Medical College; Lucknow, 2017