Dr. Prem Kapur
Professor, Department of Medicine
Reg. Number: DMC-4699
Graduate (1978) and Post graduate (1982) in General Medicine from Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi University. He then did his Senior Residency (1982 – 1985) at L.N.J.P.& G.B. Pant Hospitals, New Delhi. He has been working at HAHC hospital as consultant for greater than 35 years and he has been head of the Department of medicine from November 2017 to March 2021, HIMSR.He has been D.N.B. teacher for Family Medicine at Hamdard University Hospital, New Delhi from July 2003 to June 2006 .He has Over 50 publications in national and international journals. Also, he has written chapters in various books and monograms. He has also Guided 7 post-doctoral students (Ph. D) in various faculties of Hamdard University, New Delhi.
Area of Interest
- Hepatology and Tropical Medicine
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MD||1982||Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi University||DMC-4699|
|MBBS||1972||Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi University||DMC-4699|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||29-11-2019||Till Date|
|Associate professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||29-06-2016||28-11-2019||3 Years 5 Months|
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||29-06-2012||28-06-2016||4 years|
|Senior resident||Lok Nayak Jay Prakash Narayan Hospital New Delhi||08-04-1982||07-04-1985||3 Years|
- Azharuddin M, Kapur P, Adil M, Ghosh P, Sharma M. The impact of sleep duration and sleep quality on glycaemic control in Asian population with type 2 diabetes mellitus: A systematic literature review and meta-analysis of observational studies. Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health 2020; 8 (3): 967-75.
- Azharuddin M, Kapur P, Adil M, Ghosh P, Sharma M. PDB2 Health-Related Quality Of Life And Sleep Quality Among North Indian Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients: Evidence From A Cross-Sectional Study. Value in Health 2020; 23 (1): S108.
- Azharuddin M, Kapur P, Adil M, Ghosh P, Sharma M. Health-related quality of life and sleep quality among North Indian type 2 diabetes mellitus patients: Evidence from a cross-sectional study. Sleep Medicine 2020; 73: 93-100.
- Azharuddin M, Adil M, Khan RA, Ghosh P, Kapur P, Sharma M. Systematic evidence of health economic evaluation of drugs for postmenopausal osteoporosis: A quality appraisal. Osteoporosis and Sarcopenia, 2020; 6(2): 39-52.
- Alam MS, Kapur P, Pillai PK, Pillai KK. Trends of Antimicrobial Resistance of Sepsis Pathogens at a University Hospital in New Delhi, India. Drug Research 2020 (online) DOI: 10.1055/a-1213-2206
- Sharma H, Dubey K, Jalali RK, Kapur P. Prevalence of COPD and its Comorbidities in South Delhi Population of India: A Hospital-Based Study. Ann. Int. Med. Den. Res. 2020; 6(1):PC01-PC03.
- Ekbbal R, Dubey K, Kapur P. Comparative Tolerability of a Long Acting β2 Agonist- Indacaterol Verses a Long Acting Muscarinic Antagonist-Tiotropium for the Treatment of COPD Patients. Ann. Int. Med. Den. Res. 2020: 6(1): PC07-PC11
- Azharuddin M, Adil M, Ghosh P, Kapur P, Sharma M. Sleep quality and glycaemic control among Asian population with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a meta-analysis. Sleep Medicine 2019; 64: S18-S19.
- Pandey V, Singh P, Singh S, Arora N, Quadir N, Singh S, Das A, Dudeja M, Kapur P, Ehtesham NZ, Elangovan R, Hasnain SE. SeeTB: A novel alternative to sputum smear microscopy to diagnose tuberculosis in high burden countries. Sci Rep. 2019;9(1):16371. doi:10.1038/s41598-019-52739-9.
- Azharuddin M, Adil M, Ghosh P, Kapur P, Sharma M. Periostin as a novel biomarker of cardiovascular disease: A systematic evidence landscape of preclinical and clinical studies. Journal of Evidence‐Based Medicine 2019; 12 (4): 325-36
- Ranjan R, Agarwal NB, Kapur P, Marwah A, Parveen R. Study of Awareness and Practice of Informed Consent Process Among Clinical Trial Participants and Their Motives Behind Participation. Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health 2019; 31 (8): 710-718.
- Azharuddin M, Adil M, Ghosh P, Kapur P, Sharma M. Efficacy of transcranial direct current stimulation in patients with Parkinson's disease: A meta-analysis. International Psychogeriatrics 2019; 31: 107-8.
- Azharuddin M, Adil M, Ghosh P, Kapur P, Sharma M. BCG vaccination against Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in pediatrics: A systematic literature review and meta-analysis. Pharmacoepidemiology And Drug Safety 2019; 28: 394.
- Khan RA, Bhandari U, Kapur P, Jain A, Farah F. Effects of rosuvastatin (added to hypocaloric diet) on serum periostin, adiponectin, proinflammtory cytokines levels and hepatic steatosis in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease patients with dyslipidemia. Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health 2019; 7 (1): 53-59.
- Ranjan R, Agarwal NB, Kapur P, Marwah A, Parveen R. Factors Influencing Participation Of Healthy Volunteers In Clinical Trials: Findings From A Cross-Sectional Study In Delhi, North India. Patient Prefer Adherence 2019; 13: 2007–2015.
- Parveen R, Kapur P, Venkatesh S, Agarwal NB. Attenuated serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D and vitamin D binding protein associated with cognitive impairment in patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes. 2019; 12: 1763–1772.
- Sharma H, Kapur P, Jalali RK, Dubey K. Atherosclerosis risk assessment in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a case-control study. Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2019; 15: 1061–1071.
- Alam MS, Pillai KK, Abdi SAH, Kapur P, Pillai PK. Adverse drug reaction monitoring during antimicrobial therapy for septicemia patients at a university hospital in New Delhi. Korean J Intern Med. 2018 Nov; 33(6): 1203–1209.
- Sharma G, Md UA, Sharma K, Eyad mokayad, Kapur P, Sharm M. Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus - Linked with X chromosome? An epidemiological study. Int. J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2018; 9(2), 342-348
- Khan A Jyotsana, Sharma V, Kapur P, Manjavkar S, Jain V, Kohli S, Habib A. Clinical profile of patients with pancytopenia in a tertiary care centre. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences 2018; 6(4): 1187-90.
- Jain V, Jyotsana, Chopra A, Mir KA, Babu C, Kohli S, Kapur P, Manjavkar S. Clinicobiochemical Difference of Patients Presenting with Dengue and Chikungunya during Post-Monsoon Season. Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research 2018; 12(3): 1-4.
- Sharma K, Ashhar U, Sharma G, Kapur P, Sharma M. Epidemiological studies for oral contraceptive pills prescription pattern, its efficacy and side effects in a South Delhi teaching hospital. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences 2017; 8 (3): 432-8.
- Ali Khan R, Kapur P, Jain A, Farah F, Bhandari U. Effect of orlistat on periostin, adiponectin, inflammatory markers and ultrasound grades of fatty liver in obese NAFLD patients. Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management. 2017:13 1–11
- Kapur P, Jain V, Bedi S, Kaur H. Study of Clinico-Laboratory Profile of Dengue Fever from a south Delhi hospital, Journal of the Association of Physicians of India. 2015 Feb; 63. ISSN, 0004-5772 (Nat.)
- Alam MS, Aqil M, Qadry SA, Kapur P, Pillai KK. Utilization pattern of oral hypoglycemic agents for diabetes mellitus type 2 patients attending out-patient department at a University hospital in New Delhi. Pharmacology & Pharmacy. 2014 Jun 1;5(7 special issue):636. ISSN No. : 2157-9423 Online: 2157-9431. (IF-0.68) (Int.)
- Shabib Akhtar M, Mohsin N, Zahak A, Ruhal Ain M, Pillai PK, Kapur P, Zaki Ahmad M. Antimicrobial Sensitivity Pattern of Bacterial Pathogens in Urinary Tract Infections in South Delhi, India. Reviews on recent clinical trials. 2014 Dec 1;9(4):271-5. ISSN No. -1574-8871(Int.)
- Khan GH, Aqil M, Pillai KK, Ahmad MA, Kapur P, Ain MR, Al-Ghamdi SS, Shahzad N. Therapeutic adherence: a prospective drug utilization study of oral hypoglycemic in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease. 2014 Dec 31;4:S347-52. ISSN No. 2222-1808(IF-1.062).(Int.)
- Ashraf I, Najmi AK , Kapur P, Mohd. Aqil. Prescribing pattern of oral hypoglycemic drugs including dpp-4 inhibitors and their adverse drug reaction in a university hospital. ejbps, 2014;1(1), 36-47. ISSN NoPrint -0976-4879, Online - 0975-7406. (Nat.)
- Kapur P, Das AK, Kapur P,R Dudeja M. Balantidium Coli liver abscess: first case report from India. Journal of Parasitic Diseases. 2014:1-3. ISSNPrint - 0971-7196, Online - 0975-0703.(Int.)
- Kapur P, Ekbal R, Dubey K, Pillay KK.. Comparative Efficacy Of Long Acting β2 Agonist - Indacterol With A Long Acting Muscuranic Antagonist – Tiotropium In Patients of COPD. Journal of the Association of Physicians of India 2014;2(62) 45ISSN, 0004-5772. (Nat.)
- Ahmad MA, Kapur P, Khanam R, Akhtar M, Khan GH, Anwar MJ, Vohora D. Comparative effect of antihypertensive therapy on blood glucose level in hypertensive patients in an Indian population. Drug research. 2014 May;64(5):276-80. ISSN No. 0004-4172 (IF- 0.701) (Int.)
- K Sabina, Jetly S, Rana S, Kapur P. Rhinomaxillary Mucormycosis in a Diabetic female. Critical role of if early diagnosis. Journal of Craniomaxillary disease 2013: 2(i) 91-3. Print -2278-9588, Online - 2319-6548. (Nat.)
- Jetley S, Rana S, Khan S, Zeeba JS, Hassan MJ, Kapoor P. Bone marrow negative visceral leishmaniasis in an adolescent male. Iranian journal of parasitology. 2013 Jan;8(1):182. ISSN: 1735-7020, eISSN: 2008-238x . (IF-0.857) (Int.)
- Ahmad MA, Kapur P, Khanam R, Akhtar M, Khan GH, Anwar MJ, Vohora D. Comparative effect of beta blockers and angiotensive receptor blockers on blood glucose level in hypertensive patients in university hospital. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics. 2013 Mar 14;3(2). ISSN No. 2250-1177 (IF- 0.675) (Int.)
- Khan AA, Umar Jahangir FJ, Kapoor P, Urooj S. Efficacy of a classical antiobesity Unani pharmacopial formulation (Safoof-e-Muhazzil) in systolic and diastolic blood pressure: A randomized, open-labeled, controlled clinical study. Journal of advanced pharmaceutical technology & research. 2013 Oct;4(4):190.ISSN N0. 2231-4040(Int.)
- Khan AA, Umar Jahangir FJ, Kapoor P, Urooj S. Efficacy of a classical antiobesity Unani pharmacopial formulation (Safoof-e-Muhazzil): A randomized, open-labeled, controlled clinical study. International Journal of Analytical, Pharmaceutical andBiomedical Sciences.2013. July-Sept:2(3). ISSN No.2231-40.(Nat.)
- Khurshid F, Aqil M, Alam MS, Kapur P, Pillai KK. Antihypertensive medication prescribing patterns in a university teaching hospital in south Delhi. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2012 Jul 1;3(7):2057. ISSN No . 0975-8232.(Int.)
- Aqil M, Bhadana V, Alam MS, Pillai KK, Kapur P. Medicine utilization review at a university teaching hospital in New Delhi. Journal of Pharmacy And Bioallied Sciences. 2012 Jul 1;4(3):202 ISSN No. Print -0976-4879, Online - 0975-7406.(Nat.)
- Alam MS, Pillai PK, Kapur P, Pillai KK. Antimicrobial therapy and outcome of septicemia patients admitted to a University Hospital in Delhi. Arzneimittel-Forschung. 2012 Mar;62(3):117-22. ISSN No. 0004-4172. (IF-0.70)(Int.)
- Khurshid F, Aqil M, Alam MS, Kapur P, Pillai KK. Monitoring of adverse drug reactions associated with antihypertensive medicines at a university teaching hospital in New Delhi. DARU Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2012 Sep 10;20(1):1.(Nat.)
- Mujahid M, Sharma M, Aqil M, Iqbal D, Kapur P. Drug Utilization and Adverse Drug Reaction Monitoring in NSAID Users In A South Delhi Hospital. International Journal of Research In Pharmacy And Chemistry. 2012; 2(1): 103-8. ISSN No. 2231-2781 (Int.)
- Yadav S, Pillai KK, Kapur P. Causality Assessment of Suspected Adverse Drug Reaction with Anti-Tubercular Therapy by WHO Probability Scale. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science. 2011;1(01):26-9. ISSN No. 22313354.(Nat.)
- Alam MS, Pillai PK, Kapur P, Pillai KK. Resistant patterns of bacteria isolated from bloodstream infections at a university hospital in Delhi. Journal of Pharmacy And Bioallied Sciences. 2011 Oct 1;3(4):525. Print -0976-4879, Online - 0975-7406. (Nat.)
- Yadav S, Pillai KK, Kapur P. Severity assessment and Pattern of Adverse Drug Reactions with Antitubercular Therapy. Pharmacology online. 2011:3:706-7012.ISSN No -1827-8620 (Int.)
- Rathod VP, Kapoor P, Pillai KK, Khanam R. Assessment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder in relation to reversibility, IgE, eosinophil, and neutrophil count in a University Teaching Hospital in South Delhi, India. Journal of Pharmacy And Bioallied Sciences. 2010 Oct 1;2(4):337. Print -0976-4879, Online - 0975-7406.(Nat.)
- Sultana G, Kapur P, Aqil M, Alam MS, Pillai KK. Drug utilization of oral hypoglycemic agents in a university teaching hospital in India. Journal of clinical pharmacy and therapeutics. 2010 Jun 1;35(3):267-77. ISSN No. Online ISSN: 1365-2710. (IF-1.6) (Int.)
- Jamali AN, Aqil M, Alam MS, Pillai KK, Kapur P. A pharmacovigilance study on patients of bronchial asthma in a teaching hospital. Journal of Pharmacy And Bioallied Sciences. 2010 Oct 1;2(4):333.(Nat.)
- Sharma H, Jindal D, Aqil M, Alam MS, Karim S, Kapur P. A survey for assessment of the role of pharmacist in community pharmacy services. Journal of Pharmacy And Bioallied Sciences. 2009 Jan 1;1(1):23. ISSN No.- Print -0976-4879, Online - 0975-7406. (Nat.)
- Alam MS, Aqil M, Naime M, Ali S, Kapur P, Pillai KK. Serum Retinol Concentration in Type 2 Diabetic Patients. International Journal of Pharmacology. 2006;2(6):678-80. ISSN: 18125700, 18117775.(IF- 0.7) (Int.)
- Ahmed A, Ahmed M A, Kapur P, Jafri MA. Efficacy of Punica granatum in Loose Motions,.Hamdard Medicus.2006: XLIX No 1,39-41.(Nat.)
- Aqil M, Imam F, Hussain A, Alam MS, Kapur P, Pillai KK. A pharmacovigilance study for monitoring adverse drug reactions with antihypertensive agents at a South Delhi hospital. International Journal of Pharmacy Practice. 2006 Dec 1;14(4):311-3. ISSN 0961-7671(Int.)
- Garg KC, Negi NS, Pathak PK, Agarwal A, Kapur P. Acute myocardial infarction (AMI) in young adults (a study of risk factors and their early clinical course). Journal of the Association of Physicians of India. 1987 Apr;35(4):281.ISSN, 0004-5772 (Nat.)
- Kapur P, Agarwal SK, Prakash P, Misra RC. Idiopathic ulcerative colitis in northern India. Indian journal of gastroenterology: official journal of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology. 1986 Oct;5(4):247-8.ISSN:0254-8860 (print version), 0975-0711 (electronic version) (Nat.)
- Kapur P, Agarwal P, Khurana TR, Garg KC. Homocystinuria--an unusual cause of hemiplegia. Journal of the Association of Physicians of India. 1986 Mar;34(3):214-6.ISSN, 0004-5772 (Nat.)
- Garg KC, Pathak PK, Agarwal A, Kapur P. Right ventricular infarction. Journal of the Association of Physicians of India. 1985 Feb;33(2):173.ISSN, 0004-5772 (Nat.)
Research Work & Projects
- Pharmacotherapy of Septicemia:Antimicrobial Senstivity and Resistance 2013--- Alam Mohammed Shamshir
- An Observational study of changes in biomarkers and assessment of quality of life in patients of NAFLD receiving Orlistat, Rosuvastatin and their combination 2015---Rashid Ali Khan
- Assesment of Atherosclerotic Risk Factors in patients with Chronic Obstructive Airways Disease.2015---Himanshu Sharma
- A study of rights safety and health status of the volunteers/ subjects participating in clinical trials in CROsof Delhi,2015 --Dr Rajesh Ranjan
- Cognition and Depression in Type II Diabetic Patients and their association with serum Vitamin D, Vitamin D Binding Protien and Brain Derived Neuropathic Factor 2016 --- Rizwana Praveen-Pharmaceutical Medicine
- Medium term effects of Lifestyle Modifications by conventional and AUSH methods on selected risk factors in Atherosclerosis – 2017 Dr Azhar Yousuf
- Indian College of Physicians
- Indian Academy of Medical Specialists
- College of Chest Physicians of India
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Association of Physicians of India
- Indian College of Physicians
- Association of Medical Specialists
- Research Society for Study of Diabetes in India
- Society for Research in Malaria & other Communicable Diseases
- Geriatric Society of India
- Indian Medical Association
- Delhi Diabetic Forum
- Delhi Medical Association