Dr. Razi Ahmad
MBBS, DCH, MD
Professor, Department of Pharmacology
Reg. Number: DMC-76715
I am Dr. Razi Ahmad department of Pharmacology.
Area of Interest
- Clinical Pharmacology
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MD||2001||. N. Medical College, A.M.U., Aligarh||DMC-76715|
|D.C.H||1998||J. N. Medical College, A.M.U., Aligarh|
|MBBS||1995||J. N. Medical College, A.M.U., Aligarh||DMC-76715|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||06-02-2017||Till date|
|Associate professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||11-02-2014||05-02-2017||3 Years|
|Associate professor||JMI (FOD)||14-06-2013||10-2-2014||8 Months|
|Assistant professor||JNMC, AMU||19-08-2003||10-10-2008||5 Years 2 Months|
|Assistant professor||Jouf Uni. (KSA)||06-11-2008||12-06-2013||4 Years 5 Months|
|Senior resident||JNMC, AMU||26-03-2001||18-08-2003||2 Years 5 Months|
- Practical medical pharmacology: first edition-2018. ISBN: 978-81-937870-2-1.
- Practical Manual Pharmacology & Therapeutics: First edition-2019. ISBN: 978-81-940137-4-7.
- Juveria Usmani, Razi Ahmad, Md. Jaseem, Manju Sharma: Potential role of natural immunomodulators as a novel approach in sepsis management. (Communicated), Journal of Herbal Medicine.
- Anwer Habib, Razi Ahmad: Antimicrobial utilization pattern in Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome positive septicemia: a prospective study in an apex hospital in South Delhi, IJBCP, 2019, March Vol-8 (3):557-562. Indexed in Index Copernicus (ICV-90.02)
- Anwer Habib, Razi Ahmad. Prevalence of associated psychosomatic symptoms in patients of Irritable bowel syndrome. Int J Adv Med. 2018, Dec; 5 (6):1515-1520. Indexed in ScopeMed, Index Copernicus.(ICV-88.20)
- Razi Ahmad: Antimicrobial Stewardship-Need of the hour. International Journal of Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 2018, August Vol-7 (8):1444-1449. Indexed in Index Copernicus (ICV-90.02)
- Anwer Habib, Razi Ahmad: Hematological changes in the patients of chronic renal failure. Int J Res Med Sci. 2017 Nov; 5(11):4998-5003. Indexed in Index Copernicus (ICV-80)
- Sana Rehman, Razi Ahmad, Anwer Habib: Role of various modifiable factors and drugs in the treatment of isolated systolic hypertension in elderly population. IJAR, 201 July Vol-7 issue -7: 103-106. Indexed in Index Copernicus (ICV-79.96)
- Razi Ahmad, Sana Rehman, Mohammad Asad. Evaluation of antipyretic potential of new hetercyclclic derivatives of 3-formy-4-hydroxycomarin in rats. Indian Journal of Research, Vol 6 (4) April -2017: 03-06. Indexed in Index Copernicus (ICV-79.96) (Print ISSN -2250-1991).
- Md. Akbar, Uma Bhandari, Anwer Habib, Razi Ahmad. Potential association of triglyceride glucose index with cardiac autonomic neuropathy in type-2 diabetes mellitus patients. J Korean Med Sci, 2017 March; 32: 1131 – 1138.
- Razi Ahmad, Anwar Habib, Sana Rehman: Efficacy of various antihypertensive drugs in the treatment of hypertension in the patients of end-stage renal disease leading to hemodialysis- A retrospective study. Int J Adv Med. 2017 Feb;4(1):203208. (ICV=88.20)
- Razi Ahmad, Sana Rehman, Mohammad Asad, Zeeba N. Siddique. Evaluation of antinociceptive potential of new hetercyclclic derivatives of 3-formy-4hydroxycomarin in rats. IJAR, 2016 Dec Vol-6 issue -12: 131-133.
- Razi Ahmad, Anwar Habib, Sana Rehman, Zabeena Saeed. Antihypertensive utilization study in patients undergoing hemodialysis- in a tertiary care hospital in south Delhi. IJAR, 2016 NovVol-6 (11): 78-82
- Sana Rehman, Razi Ahmad Anwar Habib: A comparative assessment of the efficacy of various antihypertensive drugs on isolated systolic blood pressure in elderly. European journal of biomedical and pharmaceutical sciences. 2016 Nov: Vol.3 (11): 387-91
- Razi Ahmad, Anwar Habib, Sana Rehman. Management of Hypertension in Patients with End-stage Renal Disease Leading to Hemodialysis- A challenge. Int J Adv Med. 2016 Nov; 3(4):790-798. (ICV=88.20)
- Razi Ahmad, Anwar Habib: Efficacy of Various Antihypertensive Drugs in the Treatment of Hypertension in the Patients of End-Stage Renal Disease Leading to Haemodialysis. Journal of Nephrology & Therapeutics, Vol-7 (1), 1-5.
- Anwar Habib; Razi Ahmad: Pharmacotherapy of comorbid conditions in patients on hemodialysis. European journal of biomedical and pharmaceutical sciences Vol 2 (5) September-2015: 286-297.
- Maher M. Al-Enazi, Razi Ahamd, Shaik Rahiman: Antinociceptive and Antiinflammatory Activities of Eruca Sativa L. Leaves Extract. Adv. Biores., Vol 5 (4) December 2014:145-150.
- Razi Ahmad; Mohd. Asad; Zeba N. Siddique; Anil Kumar: Evaluation of antipyretic and antinociceptive potential of new heterocyclic derivatives of 3-formyl-4hydroxycoumarin in rats. Indian journal of Pharmacetical science & Research. Vol.-4 Issue 1 -2014 -34-39.
- Razi Ahmad; Mohd. Asad; Zeba N. Siddique; Anil Kumar: Screening of synthetic new hetrocyclic derivatives of 3-formyl-4-hydroxycoumarin for anti-inflamatory activity in albino rats: JPRHC/ July 2009/vol.1/page 46-62.
- Waseem Rizvi, Anil Kumar, Razi Ahmad, M. Shahid, A. Shahzad and Nakhat Haider. (2008). Antifilarial activity of Saraca asoca roots. Oriental Pharmacy and Experimental Medicine 2008(8) P192-95.
- Waseem Rizvi, Razi Ahmad, Anil Kumar, NH Rizvi , KC Singhal: Antifilarial activity of Nigilla Sativa on Setaria cervi-an in vitro study. Oriental Pharmacy and Experimental Medicine 2005 5(3), 240-245.
- Razi Ahmad, K.C Singhal &S.C Sharma: Drug induced hearing impairment – A Pilot study. Hamdard Medicus, Vol XLVIII P.P 73-77 issue No 4 Oct.-Dec., 2005
- R. Ahmad, Singhal K.C. & Sharma S.C: Ototoxicity: One of the most serious adverse Effects of Cisplatin therapy. Indian Journal of Bio Research Vol 50 No.2 P.p. 7-12, 2003.
- Rahman S.Z. R. Ahmad & K.C. Singhal: ADR monitoring of medicinal products of herbal origin, Proceedings, First International conference of society of Pharmacovigilance, India, Agra, Feb. 8-9, 2002: 94-100.
- R. Ahmad; Singhal K.C; Sharma.S.C: Ototoxicity by Ciprofloxacin. Indian Journal of Bio. Research. Vol.56 No.2 page 148-155, July-December 2004
- Juveria Usmani1, Showkat. R Mir, Razi Ahmad: phytochemical screening of different extracts of carica papaya: A comparative study. Virtual National conference of pharmaceutical chemistry. 11th March- at Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi-110062.
- Dwivedi S, Ahmad R. (2014). ‘Secondary Hypertension; Evaluation & Management’ abstract book, 24th Annual conference of society of hypertension, 26-28 September-2014, at Ahmadabad, India.
- Analgesic and Anti-inflammatory activity of Eruca Sative L. Extract (2012). Abstract book sixth annual medical research meeting, 16-17th April 2012 at Qassim University, KSA.
- R. Ahmad, Singhal K.C. & Sharma S.C.: Cisplatin induced Ototoxicity – A pilot Study. Abstract book 35th Annual Conference of Ind. Pharmacological Society DRDE, Gwalior, 26-29, November 2002.
- Ahmad R, Rahman S.Z & Ahmad S.S.: An overview of Pathophysiology & Pharmacology in glaucomatous neurodegenration. Annals of Neurosciences, An official journal of Indian Academy of Neurosciences. Special suppl. Issue 2003 vol. 10 page 26
- Rahman S.Z., Ahmad R & Ahmad S.S: An overview of free radicals scavenger in glaucomatous Neurodegeneration. Abstract book Annual Conference, on role of free radicals and antioxidant in health and diseases – 2nd Annual Conference of SFRR-India 18-20th October 2002.
- Rahman S.Z. & Ahmad R.: Make use of postal stamps for hypertension awareness. Abstract book 11th Annual Conference of hypertension CDRI, Lucknow 4th January 2003.
- R. Ahmad, Singhal K.C. & Sharma S.C.: Ototoxicity by Quinolones. Abstract book 36th Annual Conference of Ind. Pharmacological Society, VPCI, Delhi, 5-7, December 2003.
- R. Ahmad, Singhal K.C. & Sharma S.C.: Drug induced hearing impairment – A pilot study. 3rd Annual Conference Society of Pharmacovigilence of India, 11-13 December 2003, Agra.
- R. Ahmad & R.A Khan: Renoprotective activity of Syzezium aromaticus-an invitro study. 36th Annual conference of Indian. Pharmacological Society, 14-16 January 2005. Kolkata
- R. Ahmad, Singhal K.C. & Sharma S.C.: Aminoglycoside: the commonest cause of drug induced ototoxicity. Abstract book 37th Annual Conference of Indian. Pharmacological Society, 14-16 January 2005. Kolkata
- Razi Ahmad, Waseem Rizvi, Anil Kumar, Rivi N.H, Singhal K.C: Antifilarial activity of Nigella Sativa seeds – an invitro study. Abstract book 39th Annual Conference of Indian Pharmacological Society, Dec.21-23, 2006 Jaipure.
- Razi Ahmad, Waseem Rizvi, Anil Kumar, Rivi N.H , Singhal K.C : Antifilarial activity of Roots of Berberis aristata – an invitro study. Abstract book 39th Annual Conference of Indian Pharmacological Society, Dec.21-23, 2006 Jaipure.
Research Work & Projects
- To evaluate the effect of natural bioactive compounds in chemically induced Parkinson Disease in rats (in progress)
- Evaluation of effect of natural bioactive compounds on Cecal ligation and puncture induced sepsis in rat (in progress)|
- Short Term studentship project (ICMR sponsored) “To study Antihypertensive drug utilization pattern in patients undergoing hemodialysis in a tertiary care hospital” in the year-2016.
- Cumulative Effect of Olea Europeaca (Olive leaf) Extract and superoxide dismutase (SOD) in suppressing the Oxidative stress in Diabetic animal model: as principal investigator sponsored by Al-jouf University completed in year-2012 (one year project)
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Member institutional ethics committee, HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard from 11th june-2020 – till date.
- Member Institutional review board (IRB), Jamia Hamdard (Order No: AS/ARB/JH-05/2014 dated 12th may-2014, New Delhi-110062: from June, 2014 – to May-2016.
- Life member Indian Pharmacological Society.
- Life member Society of Pharmacovigilence, India.
- Life member Delhi Pharmacological Society
- Life member Ibn Sina Academy of Medieval Medicine & Science.
- Member Editorial Board: Sara Medicare Index. (A drug Information indexes in bilingual – English & Hindi).
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Recent advances in physiological techniques: organized by department of physiology, HIMSR on 20th September-2016 (as secretory)
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- Workshop on “Scientific Writing and Research Ethics” for Medical and clinical science, Organized by DBT/Wellcome trust, India Alliance on 19 september-2020.
- CME on “Challenges and Opportunities in Medical Devices Industry”, by FABA academy, on 23rd December-2020.
- National conference on Pharmacovigilance at DIPSR, New Delhi on 09.10.2018.
- National conference on Pharmacoeconomics and outcomes research at DIPSR, New Delhi on 10.10.2018
- AMDCON-2017. At Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi on 19.11.2017
- CME on “ Clinical research” organized by research project advisory committee, HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard New Delhi on 16.05.2017
- CME on “Neurophysiology” by department of physiology and paramedical science, HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard New Delhi on 16.05.2017.
- CME on “Rational use of Antimicrobials” at HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, on 24.11.2020.
- Awareness programme on “Hospital Antimicrobial Stewardship” at HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, on 23.11.2020.
- Curriculum Implementation Support program: at MCI regional center for medical education technologies, MAMC, New Delhi from 1st to 3rd May-2019.
- Recent advances in Pharmacological methods of drug screening. Under department of physiology & pharmacology, HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi on 1st June2016.
- Basic course workshop in Medical Education Technologies: at MCI regional center for medical education technologies, MAMC, New Delhi from 16th to 18th April2015
- Leadership and personality enrichment programme for faculty: under IQAC Jamia Hamdard on 26 -27th September-2015.
- International workshop on Medical education held at Suleman Al-Rajhi hospital Qaseem –June -20013.
- SIMEC 2010 (Saudi international Medical Education conference) at Faculty of medicine Jazan University from 6th -8th April 2013.