Dr. Shikha Gautam
MBBS, MD Physiology
Associate professor, Department of Physiology
Reg. Number: DMC/R/01415
Dr. Shikha Gautam has completed her M.B.B.S. from Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC), New Delhi and earned her M.D. from University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS), New Delhi in 2008. She has completed her 3yrs of Senior Residency from UCMS, New Delhi.
She has over 13 years total teaching experience. She has done work related to Autonomic functions in postmenopausal women as a part of her thesis and has presented her research work in various National and International conferences. She has many publications related to physiology and medical education in various reputed indexed journals.
Area of Interest
- Autonomic Physiology
- Pain Physiology
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MBBS||2003||LHMS, University of Delhi||DMC-01415||22-05-2003|
|MD||2009||LHMS, University of Delhi||DMC-01415||22-05-2003|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Associate Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||06-01-2021||Till Date|
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||21-01-2019||05-01-21||1Year, 11Months|
|Associate Professor||SMC, Ghaziabad||23-05-2018||31-12-18||7Months|
|Assistant Professor||SMC, Ghaziabad||08-08-2017||22-05-18||1Year, 9Months|
|Assistant Professor||VMMC, Ghaziabad||22-04-2016||02-08-17||1Year, 3Months|
|Assistant Professor||VMMC, Ghaziabad||27-06-2013||26-06-2015||2Years|
|Senior Resident||UCMS, Delhi||19-01-2009||18-02-2012||3Years|
|Junior Resident||UCMS, Delhi||25-05-2005||24-05-2008||3Years|
- Gautam S, Imteyaz S P, Alam MI. Covid – 19 pandemic : Assessment of stress and perception of E-learning amongst first year undergraduate medical students. [Internet] 2021 March [cited March 26, 2021]; 15(3): JC 01-JC04.
- Gautam S, Singh K, Garg R. Evaluation of academic stress and its effect on visual reaction time in undergraduate medical students. J of Med Sci and Res 2018;6(5):388-91
- Gautam S, Garg R, Tripathi Y. A study of distribution and prevalence of anaemia in school going children of Ghaziabad. J of Med Sci and Res 2018;6(13):1170-74.
- Shankar N, Singh S, Gautam S, Dhaliwal U. Motivation and preparedness of first semester medical students for career in medicine. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 2013; 57(4):432-438.
- Shankar N, Yadav A, Gautam S, Agarwal M. Effect of stress and yogic relaxation techniques (Anulomvilom & Shavasana) on cold induced pain perception in medical undergraduate students. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge 2013;12 (3): 530-534.
- Gautam S, Shankar N, Tandon OP, Goel N. Does pain perception vary across the reproductive life or with use of HRT in postmenopausal women? Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2012; 6(3):339-341
- Gautam S, Shankar N, Tandon OP, Goel N. Comparison of cardiac autonomic status in post menopausal women with & without hormone replacement therapy and premenopausal women. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 2011; 55(4):297-303.
- Gautam S, Shankar N, Tandon OP, Goel N. Comparison of lipid profile and fasting blood glucose in postmenopausal women with and without hormone replacement therapy. Journal of Advance Researches in Biological Sciences, 2012, Vol. 4 (3) 206-209.
- Shankar N, Gautam S, Rajkumari R, Goel G. Do blood groups influence our pain perception? Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 2011; 555(4):378-380.
- Singh S, Gupta M, Gautam S. Adaptogenic potential of herbal immunomodulators as new therapeutic approach to combat swine influenza A/H1N1 crisis. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2010; 4:3003-05.
- Singh S, Singh S, Gautam S. Pedagogical Effectiveness of ABL in Appealing Multiple Intelligences of Our Medical Students: Gardner’s Theory Revisited. Ind. Med. Gaz. 2009; 140:313–315.
- Gautam S, Shankar N, Tandon OP, Goel N. Quality of life assessment in early postmenopausal women in India with and without HRT. Australasian Medical Journal [AMJ 2011, 4, 7, 355-366]
- Singh S, Singh S, Gautam S. Teaching styles and approaches: Medical students’ perceptions of Animation-based Lectures (ABL) as a pedagogical innovation. Pak J Physiol. 2009; 5(1): 16-19.
- Singh S, Gautam S. Animation-Based Lectures in Renal Physiology: Transcendence into Metacognition. J Educ Eval Health Prof. 2009; 6:6. doi: 10.3352/jeehp.2009.6.6
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Association of Physiologist & Pharmacologist of India
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Secretary in Virtual Biennial SAAP VII & PSI Conference – 2021 from 23rd – 25th Mar., 2021
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- Virtual Biennial SAAP VII & PSI Conference – 2021 from 23rd – 25th Mar., 2021 at HIMSR, New Delhi.
- Chairperson in CME in holistic approach to pain, Santosh Medical College, Ghaziabad on 9th Nov. 2019.
- Revised basic course workshop in medical education technologies at HIMSR from, 14-16 Oct. 2019.
- AETCOM sensitization programme at HIMSR, New Delhi on 17th Oct. 2019.
- Curriculum implementation support program at HIMSR, New Delhi from 1st – 3rd May, 2019.
- International conference of cardiovascular sciences – 2020 at DIPSAR, New Delhi from Feb.21st – 23rd 2020.
- UP-UK Appicon 2019 at SMSR, Greator Noida from 5th – 6th April, 2019.