MBBS, MD, DNB
Assistant professor, Department of Community Medicine
Reg. Number: DMC/R/10027
A medical graduate from Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi. Public health specialist working in this field for the past 6 years, with experience in teaching and training of the undergraduate and post graduate students, human resource management, and public health research.
Area of Interest
- Non-communicable diseases, Women’s health, Secondary data analysis, Immunization, Maternal and child health
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MD, Community Medicine||2019||University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi.||DMC/R/10027||27-06-2019|
|MBBS||2014||Lady Hardinge Medical College||DMC/R/10027||07-02-2014|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Senior Resident||Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences & Dr RML Hospital, New Delhi||30-07-2019||22-07-2020||11 months 22 days|
|Senior Resident||Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi||23-07-2020||04-09-2020||44 days|
|Senior Resident||University College of Medical Sciences||05-09-2020||11-12-2022||2 years 3 months|
- Chhabra P, Behera S, Sharma R, Malhotra RK, Mehta K, Upadhyay K, Goel S. Gender-specific factors associated with hypertension among women of childbearing age: Findings from a nationwide survey in India. Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine. 2022;9
- Programs for Child Health (Khan AM, Gupta P, Behera S. Programs for Child Health. In: Gupta P, Menon PSN, Ramji S, Lodha R, editors. PG Textbook of Pediatrics, Systemic Pediatrics, Pediatric Subspecialties, and Social Pediatrics New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers; 2022. p. 3512-20).
- Behera S, Chhabra P, Rajoura OP. Prevalence and predictors of risk factors for noncommunicable diseases among women in an Urbanized Village of India. Indian Journal of Community Medicine. 2022 Apr 1;47(2):266-71
- Laskar AR, Shyambhavee B, Poddar AS, Rasania SK, Saha SS. Hesitation, delays and barriers towards COVID-19 vaccination among educated class in Northern India. Healthline, Journal of Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine. 2021:94-9.
- Das B, Laskar AR, Behera S,Bahl A. Self-management of diabetes and treatment compliance among diabetic patients attending a tertiary care hospital, Tripura. International journal of current medical and pharmaceutical research. 2021;7(8):5918-22.
- Sahu M, Behera S, Chattopadhyay B. The Influence of Electromagnetic Field Pollution on Human Health: A Systematic Review. Siriraj Medical Journal. 2021 Jun 30;73(7):485-92.
- Behera S, Yadav K. Knowledge-utilization gap regarding modern methods of contraception among rural women attending an outreach health centre in North Delhi. International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2020 Nov 1;9(11):4494-9.
- Behera S, Maroof KA, Tiwari PK. Complementary Feeding Status of Children Residing in Urban Slum of East Delhi. International Journal of Medicine and Public Health. 2020;10(3).126-9)
- Meghwal B, Behera S, Dhariwal AC, Saxena D, Singh R, Kumar S. Insights from COVID-19 cluster containment in Bhilwara District, Rajasthan. Indian Journal of Public Health. 2020 Jun 1;64(6):177.
- Behera S, Cherian V, Rajoura O P, Bhasin S K. Perceptions and Attitudes of Postgraduate Students towards Thesis Work in a Medical College in Delhi. J Comprehensive Health 2019;7(2): 29-33.
Research Work & Projects
- • Thesis on topic “Risk Factors for Non-communicable diseases among women in an urbanized village of East Delhi”.
- • Research project on “Perceptions and attitudes of postgraduate students towards thesis work in a medical college in Delhi”.
- • Research project on “Assessment of complimentary feeding using Minimum Dietary Diversity as an indicator in Urban Slum”.
- • Research project on “Assessment on nutritional status among mother and child pairs in an urbanized village of East Delhi”.
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Life member of Indian Public Health Association
- Life member of Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine.
- Life member of Epidemiology Foundation of India
Invited Talks and Lectures
- Resource faculty in the National CME on Rabies prevention: an update held on 27.09.2021
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- Paper presentation on “Risk factors for non-communicable diseases- A review” at 61st Annual National IPHA Conference, Jodhpur 2017.
- Paper presentation on “Assessment on nutritional status among mother and child pairs in an urbanized village of East Delhi” in 45th National IAPSM Conference, Pune 2018.
- Paper presentation on “Risk Factors for Non Communicable diseases among women in an urbanized village of East Delhi” in 46th National IAPSM Conference, Shimla 2019.
- Poster presentation on “Predictors of Risk Factors for Noncommunicable Diseases among Women in an Urbanized Village of India” in Annual National IPHA Conference, New Delhi 2020
- “Training Course on Demographic Data Analysis for Health Personnel”, From August 22 to 26, 2022, NIHFW, New Delhi
- “Online Certificate course on Operational Research in Public Health”, From February 22 to March 19, 2021, organized by Indian Institute of Public Health, Delhi.
- “AEFI management during MR Campaign”, in January, 2019 at DPMU, Shahdara, Delhi.
- “Coding of deaths based on verbal autopsies” on 13th October, 2018 at AIIMS, Delhi.
- “How to conduct a Systematic Review (including use of Revman Software)” by Medical education Unit, UCMS, Delhi on 30th October, 2018.
- National Workshop on Basics of Health Economics at Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi on 31st August, 2018.
- Maternal Death Surveillance and Response and Near Miss Review at Maulana Azad Medical College. 2018.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) on 30th October, 2017 at Advanced Skill Lab, GTB Hospital