Dr. Habil Khorakiwala, Hon’ble Chancellor of Jamia Hamdard University is a keen disciple of ‘Change Management’. Dr. Habil Khorakiwala has single-mindedly steered Wockhardt in becoming the first true healthcare group from India. His visionary and astute leadership resulted in Wockhardt emerging as a leading pharmaceutical and biotech conglomerate, driven by research and strategic thinking on a global scale.
Dr. Habil Khorakiwala strongly advocates that the only way towards fast growth is to be ‘Customer Focussed’. This customer-centric approach has filtered down to every decision and action in Wockhardt.
His signature style is much evident in the management processes at Wockhardt i.e. open culture, participative management practices, innovations, continuous improvement, speedy response, empowerment and enjoying one’s job – are all hallmarks of Wockhardt’s culture.
- Past President of FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry).
- Past President of the Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance (IPA), the organisation of research-based pharmaceutical companies in India.
Government of India nominations
- Member of the National Manufacturing Competitiveness Council set up by Dr. Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India.
- Nominated by Govt. of India to the National Managing Committee, Indian Red Cross Society.
- Nominated by the Prime Minister of India to the Advisory Board of CSIR [Council of Scientific and Industrial Research] in New Delhi.
- Member of BOT (Board of Trade) instituted by the Government of India under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
- Nominated by the Government of India as member of the Board of Directors of NIPER (National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research).
- Shiromani Vikas award for ‘Outstanding and Inspiring Contribution towards National Development’ at the hands of Mother Teresa in 1992
- Institute of Marketing & Management (IMM) ‘Top CEO’ in 2002
- International Medical Integration Council ‘Life Time Achievement’ in 2003
- Giants award for ‘Outstanding Contribution to Business and Industry’ in 2003
- Rotary Award for Vocational Excellence, 2003-04
- Ernst & Young ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ in the Healthcare and Life Sciences’ category in 2004
- Named ‘India’s Greatest Brand Builders’ in a book authored by Dr. R L Bhatia of Centre for Change Management in 2005
- Indian Express Group of Newspapers ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ at the Pharma Excellence Awards 2006
- UK Trade & Investment ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ at the India Business Awards 2008
- Purdue University conferred an ‘Honorary Doctorate in Pharmacy’ in 2010
- Frost & Sullivan ‘Lifetime Achievement Awards’ India Healthcare Excellence Awards
Dr. Khorakiwala has served as Honorary Consul General of Sweden in Mumbai.