Dr. Sheikh Viqar Manzoor
MS General Surgery
Assistant professor, Department of Surgery
Reg. Number: 12734
A patient focused surgeon with good skills of planning, scheduling and executing various surgical skills in a coordinated manner adhering to established surgical techniques and protocols.
Area of Interest
- General surgery
- Minimal access surgery
- Surgical gastroenterology
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MBBS||2012||ASCOMS, Jammu Jammu University, J&K||12734|
|MS, General Surgery||2016||Govt. Medical College, Srinagar, J&K University of Kashmir, J&K||76060|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Assistant professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||18/02/2021||Present|
|Senior Resident||HIMSR, New Delhi||08/10/2020||17/02/2021||3 Months 10 days|
|Senior Resident||GMC, Srinagar||08/11/2018||28/02/2020||1 year 3 months 22 days|
|Senior Resident||ESI, Basaidarapur, Delhi||04/02/2017||06/02/2018||1 year 2 days|
- Mir IS et al. Laparoscopic repair of adult retrosternal morgagni hernia with interlocking barbed suture. Int. Surg J. 2016 Aug; 3(3):1697-1699.
- Mir IS, Hajini MF, Rashid T, Sheikh VM, Bhat SN. Laparoscopic management of common bile duct stones: Stent Vs T-tube drainage. Arch. Int. Surg 2016; 6:90-5.
- Rashid T et al. A comparative study of three-dimensional mesh (3D mesh) and polypropylene mesh in laparoscopic inguinal hernia repairs in adults. Int. Surg J. 2018 Jan; 5(1):174-180.
- Mir IS, Rashid T et al. Laparoscopic totally extraperitoneal repair of inguinal hernia using three-dimensional mesh: a 5 years experience at a tertiary care hospital in Kashmir, India. Int Surg J. 2018 Mar; 5 (3):1016-1020.
- Shiekh Viqar Manzoor, Irfan Nazir Mir, Asma Khanday, Suhail Nazir, Tajamul Rashid, Mir Mujtaba Ahmad. A comparative study of MRI and Triple assessment in the evaluation of palpable breast masses. International Journal of Current Research, 10, (11), 75109-75112.
- Mir MA, Manzoor SV, Reshi FA et al. Percutaneous cholecystostomy in high risk patients with acute Cholecystitis. Surgical Science. 2017 (8) 154-161.
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- CME: Sutures, Meshes, Implants and Prosthesis: Past, Present & Future. Government Medical College, Srinagar; 31st May, 2014.
- CME: Science of Tissue Management & Use of Staplers. Government Medical College, Srinagar; 10th April, 2015.
- CME: Update on Carcinoma Oesophagus. Government Medical College, Srinagar; 23rd May, 2015.
- Conference: 5th Annual Conference of J&K Chapter of The Association of Surgeons of India (JAKASICON-2015) at Srinagar; 6th August, 2015.
- CME: Update on Management of Colorectal Cancers. . Government Medical College, Srinagar; 15th December, 2015.