Dr. Arifa Anwar Elahi
M.B.B.S and DNB
Associate professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Reg. Number: DMC- 9154
Dr Arifa ANWAR Elahi is a faculty at Hamdard Institute of medical sciences and research with 20 years experience in field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology .She has worked and gained experience from prestigious institute UCMS and GTB hospital, University of Delhi.She is a member of Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecological societies of India (FOGSI),AOGD,NARCHI,SOVSI. She has attended over 100 conferences and seminars and been a speaker in many of them.She also has many papers and chapters in books. Currently she is a guide for postgraduate thesis in the department.Also supervised various STS project,research project of ICMR. She is soft spoken,humble, known for her personal touch and caring relationship with all her patients. Her area of interest includes adolescent care, high risk antenatal care, laparoscopic surgeries and infertility care.
Area of Interest
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Adolescent gynecology
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|DNB||2004||UCMS And GTB Hospital, New Delhi||DMC- 9154||04-11-2000|
|M.B.B.S||1998||J.J.M Medical College, Kuvempu University||MCI-19382||18-08-1999|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Associate Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||01-09-2016||Till date|
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||30-01-2011||30-8-2016||5 years 6 Months|
|Senior Resident||UCMS and GTB Hospital||01-10-2006||10-10-2009||3 years|
|Post Graduate||UCMS and GTB Hospital||01-01-2002||31-12-2004||3 Years|
- Nidhi Gupta,Ankita srivastava,Neha Varun,Arifa Anwar,Aruna Nigam. : A Prospective Study on Profile of Gynecological Problems in Adolescent Girls at a Tertiary Care CenterAccepted for publication.International Journal of school health. Manuscript ID: INTJSH-2006-1093 (R2) sept2020
- Nidhi gupta,Arifa anwar,,Neha varun,sanjeet panesar.Adolescent sexual behavior and its determinants:A hospital based study.Journal of family medicine and primary care.Accepted sept 2020
- Nidhi gupta,Neha varun,ArifaAnwar Aruna nigam“Determinants of STI’s and contraceptive awareness among Indian adolescents: a hospital based study” Accepted Sep 10, 2020Sabina khan,Arifa Anwar, Sujata jetley.
- Jyotsana harit kaur, Mohammad jaseem Hassan,Arifa Anwar Elahi, shaan khetarpal,Sabeena Khan,Sujata jetley.Synchronous benign brenner tumour of ovary with leiomyoma and endometrial adenocarcinoma in a postmenopausal woman. Journal of cancer research and therapeutics.October-december2019 .volume 15.issue 6.1418-1420.
- Retained fetal bones :An unusual cause for granulomatous reaction on papanicolou smear.Journal of Midlife Health july-sept 2018.volume 9 issue 3.162-164
- Varun N, elahi A, Gupta N, Nigam A. Ruptured choledochal cyst during early pregnancy with successful fetomaternal outcome. BMJ Case Rep 2018. doi:10.1136/bcr-2018-224357
- Neha Varun, Aruna Nigam, Arifa Anwar Elahi, Abhinav Jain. Cornual ectopic pregnancy: laparoscopic management step by step. BMJ Case Rep 2018. Doi: 10.1136/bcr-2017-223998
- Nigam A, Elahi AA, Varun N, Gupta N. Primary amenorrhoea and clitoromegaly in a nulliparous woman: successful medical and surgical management. BMJ Case reports 2018. Online on 30th sept. doi:10.1136/bcr-2018-226122.
- Nigam A, Sharma S, Elahi AA, Batra S. Umbilical coiling index: an important predictor of fetal outcome. Pan Asian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2018:1:44-47
- Aruna Nigam, Arifa A Elahi, Swaraj Batra.Recurrent postcoital vesicovaginal fistula: Outcome of consensual sex in an female.Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology: Aug 2017.
- Nigam A, Gupta N, Elahi AA, Jairajpuri ZS, Batra S. Delayed uterine necrosis: a rare cause of nonhealing wound. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2016 Dec, Vol-10(12): QD01-QD02
- Ahmad A, Elahi AA, Nigam A, Kapoor R. Mentoring in Medicine: Introducing a structured programme in a Medical College in Delhi. Accepted in Bangladesh Journal of Medical Sciences 2016
- Nigam A, Ahmad A, Gaur D, Elahi AA, Batra S. Prevalence & risk factors for urinary incontinence in pregnant women during late third trimester. International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynecology 2016.july; 5(7): 2187-2191.
- Alpana Singh, Sonia Chawla, Divya Pandey, Nusrat Jahan, Arifa Anwar. Fetomaternal Outcome in Cases of Pre-eclampsia in a Tertiary care Referral Hospital in Delhi, India: International journal of Scientific Study 2016;4:100-103
- Ahmad A, Nigam A, Elahi AA, Jain R, Batra S. Emergency Contraception: Knowledge, Attitude and Practices Among Women in South Delhi, India. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol 2016Feb;5(2):411-14. DOI:
- Jain R, Batra S. Ahmad A,ElahiA A ,Gupta M. Endometrial stromal sarcoma -a rare entity. Iran J. Med Sci 2015;40 (1):81-84
- Eima Fatima, Arifa Anwar, Mridu Dudeja, Mohd Akhtar, Abdul Kalam Najmi. Drug Utilization Pattern And Adverse Drug Reaction Monitoring In Urinary Tract Infection Patients in Tertiary Care Hospital. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics 2015;5(6):23-30
- Arifa Anwar Elahi, Aruna Nigam, Mukta Pujani, Swaraj Batra. Xanthogranulomatous oophoritis mimicking malignancy: a diagnostic dilemma. BMJ Case Report 2015.doi:10.1136/bcr-2015-210642.
- Batra S, Anwar A, Nigam A, Jain R. Vaginal bleeding in pregnancy due to malignancy In: Haemorrhage in pregnancy. A practical approach. Pub: Jay pee Bros.[accepted)
- Arifa Anwar Elahi.Mangement of Postpartum Hemorrhage.A practical perspective.
- PPIUCD refusal: reasons analyzed. Nigam A, Saith P, Elahi AA, Ahmad A, Gupta M, Jain R, Batra S. Souveneir of AOGD 2013 conference. P 36
- Gupta N, Elahi AA, Nigam A, Batra S.Undifferentiated endometrial stromal sarcoma: A rare entity. 38th AOGD Souvenir and Abstract book. Page no 101
- Varun N, Nigam A, Elahi AA, Batra S. Parasitic fibroid mimicking as ovarian carcinoma. 38th AOGD Souvenir and Abstract book. Page no 93
Research Work & Projects
- Title – Efficacy of 7 point blood glucose profile in initiating management of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus in Indian Population – A Randomized Control Trial. Thesis guide of Astha Jain
- Title- Drug Utilization study and adverse drug reaction monitoring in urinary tract infection patient of HAHC hospital. Clinical supervisor of Eima Fatima
- Title- Prevalence of Depression,Anxiety ,Quality of life among North Indian polycystic ovary syndrome women: Evidence from a prospective observational study.
- Title – Psycological distress and health related quality of life among adolescent and adult with polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Title-Evaluation of cardiorespiratory fitness,autonomic function and musculoskeletal pain in females with polycystic ovary syndrome associated with metabolic syndrome.
- Fellowship in Minimally invasive surgery FMAS
- Women health initiative( WHI )AIIMS
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Federation of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of India.
- Association of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Delhi.
- Member of Multidisciplinary Committee of AOGD
- Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery (FMAS).
- Society of vaginal surgeons of India( SOVSI)
Invited Talks and Lectures
- Paper presentation , in 63rd Annual conference of All India Congress of Obstetrics & Gynaecology Lucknow 31 st JAN 2020 .Evaluation of outcome of conservative laparoscopy approach in paediatric ovarian torsion with blue black ovaries
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Organizing Joint Secretary in CME cum workshop on 14th March, 2014. Postpartum contraception: a way to meet the unmet need at HIMSR and HAHC Hospital
- Attended CME on ‘Diagnosis and Management of Cervical Intraepithelial Lesions’ as Organizing Secretary under the aegis of ISCCP on 7th March, 2015 at Hamdard Convention Centre, Jamia Hamdard
- Treasurer in CME- Cum workshop on “ Contraception update & PPIUCD Insertion Technique “ Under the Aegis of AOGD on 17 October 2015 at Hamdard Convention Center.
- Organized as organizing secretary ‘Overview of cervical lesions and management guidelines’. On 10th April 2018 at Hamdard Convention centre
- Organizing secretary for the CME cum workshop on ‘Skills in Gynaecology and Obstetrics’ on 7th May 2018 at HIMSR
- Organizing Joint secretary for the CME cum workshop on ‘Science and Art of Obstetric skills” on 21st July 2018
- Participated as Resource Faculty for CME cum Workshop On “Observe, Interpret, Learn” on 24th Sept 2018 at HIMSR
- Organising Team Member “OBSCURA QUIZ” organised by Dept.of OBS&GYN. at HIMSR in association with Medical Education Committee FOGSI, 25 APRIL 2019.
- Organizing committee member of post congress workshop on CTG: Basic to advanced on 29th October 2020.
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- 63rd Annual conference of All India Congress of Obstetrics & Gynaecology Lucknow 29TH JAN 2020 - 2nd FEB 2020
- AETCOM 05-02-2019
- Curriculum Implementation Support Program (CISP) from 1st MAY 2019 to 3rd MAY 2019