Dr Javed Altaf Mir
MBBS, M S (General Surgery), DNB- surgical Oncology
Assistant professor, Department of Surgery
Reg. Number: DMC-39868
A qualified Surgical Oncologist with more than 7 years of experience in Surgical Oncology .Well trained in surgical management of various cancers like Head and Neck cancers, Breast cancer, Thoracic, Gastrointestinal, Hepatopancreatobiliary malignancies,urogynaecological cancers, skin and soft tissue malignancies.
Area of Interest
- Head and neck cancer surgeries like commando operations for oral cancer, thyroid cancer surgeries, laryngectomy for cancer of larynx, neck dissections, flap recontructions.
- Breast cancer management like mastectomy, breast conservation and oncoplastic techniques, flap reconstructions.
- Gastrointestinal and hepatopancreatobiliary surgeries like esophagectomy,gastrectomy,whipples procedure,gall bladder cancer surgery,colorectal cancer surgeries.
- Gynaecological malignancies like uterine , ovarian and cervical cancer surgery- radical hysterectomy, ovarian cytoreduction , HIPEC procedure
- Urological cancers like testicular malignancies, kidney cancer, cancer of urinary bladder-partial and radical nephrectomy, radical cystectomy procedures,pelvic and paraaortic node dissection.
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|DNB surgical oncology||2018||National board of examinations||DMC-39868||12-10-2008|
|M.S. (General Surgery)||2013||Govt medical college,Srinagar,University Of kashmir||DMC-39868||12-10-2008|
|MBBS||2006||Govt medical college,Srinagar,University Of kashmir||DMC-39868||12-10-2008|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Assistant professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||20-08-2019||Till Date|
|Senior Resident||Krishna institute of meical sciences, karad, maharashtra||07-07 2013||02-01-2014||6 Months|
- Modified retrorectus procedure for repair of midline incisional hernias.Int surg j.2020Apr;7(4);1204-11
- Comparison of Magnetic resonance imaging aand hig frequency ultrasonography in carcinoma of tongue and its clinicopathological correlation: a prospective study.J Otorhinolaryngol Head neck surg.2020 Feb;6(2):239-47
- Double inferior vena cava: a case report.Am j surg tech case rep.2020;191);1005
- Tumoral calcinosis,a diagnostic dilemma: a case report.Int J adv med.2020 Aug;7(80;1286-89
Research Work & Projects
- Repair of midline incisional hernias by modified Rives stoppa technique-a prospective study.
- Comparison of high frequency Ultrasonography and MRI in carcinoma tongue and its clinicopathological correlation- a prospective study