Dr. Jyotsna Agarwal
MBBS, MD Anaesthesia, Fellow of Interventional Pain Medicine & Diploma in Hospital Management
Associate professor, Department of Central Skill Lab
Reg. Number: DMC-R-03282
Dr. Jyotsna Agarwal is Associate Professor Anaesthesiology in Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, New Delhi, India. She did her Bachelors in Medicine and Surgery from the prestigious Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi and pursued post-graduation in Anesthesiology from Sawai Man Singh Medical College, Jaipur, India. She is trained in all specialities of anesthesiology including cardiac anesthesia, neuroanesthesia, bariatric anesthesia and interventional pain medicine. Dr. Agarwal has vast experience of catering to anesthesia needs of varied healthcare setups and patient population including Armed forces at Base Hospital, Delhi Cantt.
Dr. Agarwal is a medical teacher, academician and researcher with numerous publications as lead author in national and international journals. She has also authored several chapters and is the Adaptation Editor of ‘Stoelting’s Anesthesia and Co existing Diseases, 3rd South Asia Edition’. Along with anesthesiology, Dr. Agarwal has keen interest in medical ethics, healthcare quality management and patient safety, and has pursued Diploma in Hospital Management. She is a National External Assessor with “National Quality Assurance Standards” , NABH and Kayakalp which assesses the quality of public and private healthcare organizations in India. She is a member of various Anaesthesia societies and Forum for Ethics Review Committees in India and Technical advisor & Course Editor, Emergency and Surgical Care Program, Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research, Switzerland.
Area of Interest
- General Anesthesia
- Pain management
- Patient Safety
- Healthcare Quality
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|Healthcare Quality||2009||Sawai Man Singh Medical College, Jaipur. Rajashan University of Health Science||DMC-R-03282|
|MBBS||2004||Maulana Azad Medical College, University of Delhi||DMC-R-03282|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Associate Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||20-06-2021||Till date|
|Associate Professor (Designate)||HIMSR, New Delhi||04-04- 2019||19-06-2019||2 months 15 days|
|Assistant Professor||Army College of Medical Sciences and Base Hospital, Delhi Cantt.||17-06-2013||27-03-2017||8 months 11 days|
|Assistant Professor||Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore||30-07-2009||03-09- 2009||1 month 4 days|
|Senior Resident||G.B. Pant Hospital, New Delhi||31-12-2009||30-12-2012||3 years|
- Adaptation Editor of prominent postgraduate book of anaesthesiology- Agarwal J, Parameswari A, Paul AK. Stoeltings Anesthesia and Co existing Disease.3rd edi. New Delhi. Elsevier;2020.
- Agarwal J, Das JK. Managerial challenges in establishing a structured cardiopulmonary resuscitation program in a small health-care setup. Acta Med Int. 2020;7:113-20.
- Datta R, Agrawal J, Narula G, Pahwa B. A fluoroscopic assessment of brachial plexus block by the supraclavicular approach: Have we been overmedicating? Med J Armed Forces India. 2020 ;76(4):410-417.
- Agarwal J, Datta R, Jaideep CN, Sharma Aa. Angelman syndrome and anesthetic considerations. Indian J Anaesth 2017; 61:78-80
- Datta R, Agrawal J, Sharma A, Rathore VS, Datta S. A study of efficacy of SGBs in complex regional pain syndromes of the upper body. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol 2017;33:534-40.
- Sharma MU, Ganjoo P, Singh D, Tandon MS, Agarwal J, Sharma DP, Jagetia A. Perioperative complications in endovascular neurosurgery: Anesthesiologist’s perspective. Asian J Neurosurg 2017; 12:6-12.