Dr. R. N. Tandon
MBBS, MD Forensic Medicine
Professor & HOD, Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
Reg. Number: DMC-102541
Dr. R. N. Tandon passed his MD from the prestigious institute Banaras Institute of medical
sciences (BHU) under the able guidance of Dr.(Prof) S.M. Dasgupta who was awarded the
Prestigious B.C. Roy award. Post P.G. he joined senior residency at Maulana Azad Medical
College, Delhi and worked for three years under renowned Profesor Dr. Bishnu Kumar. He got selected at Gujarat public service commission and joined as assistant professor at Government Medical College and Maharaj Sajaji Rao Hospital, Baroda and served for 6 years. He was promoted as an Associate professor at Government Medical College and new Civil Hospital, Surat where he worked with Dr. B. V. Subramaniam (Renowned professor and editor of Modi’s book of Medical Jurisprudence) and was Joint Organising Secretary for International conference of Forensic medicine (1996) Surat. He was transferred to Bhavnagar as Associate Professor and helped to set up upcoming new medical college and Forensic Medicine Dept. and Mortuary. He was promoted and transferred as Professor and Head of Forensic Medicine at B.J. Medical College and Civil hospital, Ahmedabad where he served 18 years as Head of the Department and retired in October, 2018.
During his career he attended many conferences, presented papers, chaired sessions and added numerous publications to his credit. Many students completed their PG (M.D.) under his guidance. He was also appointed as MCI inspector to assess various medical colleges in India both for Undergraduate and Postgraduate recognition.
Area of Interest
- Forensic Toxicology
- Virtual Autopsy
- Brain fingerprinting
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MBBS||1981||MLBMC, Jhansi Bundelkhand University||DMC-102541||05-06-2022|
|MD(FM)||1985||I.M.S.B.H.U B.H.U Varanasi, U.P.||DMC-102541||05-06-2022|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Professor & HOD||HIMSR, New Delhi||20-08-2022||Till Date|
|Professor||SGT Gurgaon||09-02-2021||18-08-2022||1 Year 6 Months|
|Professor||TMU Moradabad||01-11-2018||31-01-2021||2 Years 3 Months|
|Professor||BJMC Ahmedabad+Transfer to other Govt colleges Gujarat||16-04-2000||31-10-2018||18 Years 6 Months|
|Professor||GMC Bhavnagar||5-4-2000||15-4-2000||10 Days|
|Assoc. Professor||GMC Bhavnagar||28-8-1997||4-4-2000||2 Years 7 Months|
|Assoc. Professor||GMC Surat||05-07-1994||27-08-1997||3 Years 1 Months|
|Asst. Professor||GMC Baroda||04-11-1988||04-07-1994||5 Years 8 Months|
|Demonstrator/ Tutor||MAMC Delhi||02-05-1985||03-05-1988||3 Years|
|Demonstrator/ Tutor||IMS BHU, Varanasi||04-08-1981||31-07-1984||3 Years|
- Prajapati T, Prajapati K, Tandon R N, Merchant S: Study of acute poisoning cases excluding animal bites at Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad. International Journal of Medical Toxicology & Legal Medicine. 2013;35(2):120-2.
- Singh J, Kaur J, Tandon R N et al.: A Medico-legal Study of Unnatural Deaths In Newly Married Females. Journal of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine. 2014;36(4):355-8.
- Singh J, Kaur J, Tandon R N et al.: Trends of Poisoning in a Tertiary Care Centre of North West Uttar Pradesh. Journal of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine. 2015;37(4):396-9.
- Modi K, Vora D, Khubchandani H, Shah K, Tandpn R: Profile Study of Negative Autopsy among the Post Mortem Cases Referred from Medical Officers to Forensic Medicine Department, Ahmedabad, India. International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine. 2017;7(2):138-43.
- Nayak M, Dewangan T, Patani K, Tandon R N: Trend and Pattern in Custodial Death- A Retrospective Analysis. International Journal of Medical Toxicology & Legal Medicine. 2017;20(1-2):1-4.
- Dewangan T, Padmraj R Y, Shah K A, Tandon R N: Study of Spectrum of Histopathological Changes in the Lung in Autopsy Cases. International Journal of Medical Toxicology & Legal Medicine. 2017;20(3-4):1-4.
- Singh K V, Varshney AK, Tandon R N: Human Trafficking: New Challenge to Humanity. International Journal of Medical Research Professionals. 2019;5(1):148-51.
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Life member of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine
- Life member of Indian Medical Association
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Surat (international conference of Forensic Medicine (1996)
- National Conference of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine (2016)
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- Forensic Medicon (2019) Hyderabad (Chaired a scientific session)
- Forensic Medicon (2021) Lucknow (Chaired a scientific session)
- IMA Medicon (63 rd annual Delhi state conference) (2022) Delhi
- DMA Heath Quest (2023), Delhi