Dr. Roshan Mathew
MBBS, MD, DNB
Assistant professor, Department of Emergency Medicine
Reg. Number: DMC/R/11826
Dr Roshan Mathew, is Emergency Physician trained from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He did his MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi. During his training period at AIIMS, New Delhi he had an opportunity to get trained in disaster medicine from Osaka State university in Japan.
Dr Roshan Mathew is an avid researcher and has around 40 publications in various national and international journals. He was awarded the best outgoing senior resident at AIIMS. He has also been awarded the prestigious Global leadership travel grant (2022) by the American College of Emergency Physician.
Area of Interest
- Resuscitation science
- Point of care ultrasound
- Community Emergency care initiatives
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|DNB||2019||National board of Education||DMC/R/11826|
|MD||2016-2018||AIIMS, New Delhi||DMC/R/11826|
|MBBS||2009-2014||Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||DMC/R/11826|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||20-08-2022||Present|
|Senior Resident||AIIMS, New Delhi||27-02-2019||26-02-2022||3 Years|
- Mathew R, Jamshed N, Aggarwal P, Patel S, Pandey R. Profile of acute poisoning cases and their outcome in a teaching hospital of north India. J Family Med Prim Care 2019;8:3935.
- Patel S, Mathew R, Bhoi S. Caution in diagnosing angioedema as anaphylaxis. BMJ Case Rep 2019;12:e230329.
- Mohindra R, B NH, Mathew R, Rout GR, Kaushal K, Aggarwal P. An Unusual Case of Accidental Ingestion of a Toothbrush. Advanced Journal of Emergency Medicine 2019;4:e78.
- Mathew R, Agrawal N, Aggarwal P, Jamshed N. Atrial Myxoma Presenting as Acute Bilateral Limb Ischemia. The Journal of Emergency Medicine 2019;57:710–2
- Mathew R, Rl B, Mohindra R. Modified Sequential Organ Failure Assessment score in the emergency department. Emergency Medicine Australasia 2019;31:1123–1123
- Mohindra R, Mishra U, Mathew R, Negi NS. Red Cell Distribution Width (RDW) Index as a Predictor of Severity of Acute Ischemic Stroke: A Correlation Study. Advanced Journal of Emergency Medicine 2019;4:e24
- Mathew R, Mishra P, Amrithan V, Bhoi S. Point-of-care ultrasound in lingual hematoma. Journal of Medical Ultrasound 2020;0:0
- Mathew R, Sahu A, Thakur N, Katyal A, Bhoi S, Aggarwal P. Hands-only cardiopulmonary resuscitation training for schoolchildren: A comparison study among different class groups. Turk J Emerg Med 2020;20:186
- Mathew R, Sinha T, Sahu A, Bhoi S, Galwankar S. Coronavirus-19 pandemic: A two-step triage protocol for emergency department. Journal of Emergencies, Trauma, and Shock 2020;13:169
- Bhat R, Ravindra P, Sahu AK, Mathew R, Wilson W. Study of pre-hospital care of out of hospital cardiac arrest victims and their outcome in a tertiary care hospital in India. Indian Heart Journal. Published online February 17, 2021
- Halder D, Mathew R, Mohindra R. Elderly female with right lower limb swelling. Visual Journal of Emergency Medicine 2020;19:100701
- ]Thazhathidathil AV, Agrawal N, Mathew R. Young male with chest pain and abnormal T-waves. Emergency Care Journal 2020;16
- Mathew R, Bhat R, Sahu A, Mohindra R. Bracing the Emergency Department for the COVID-19 Era. Advanced Journal of Emergency Medicine 2020;4
- Bhoi S, Sahu AK, Mathew R, Sinha TP. Point-of-care ultrasound in COVID-19 pandemic. Postgraduate Medical Journal 2020:postgradmedj-2020-137853.
- Sahu AK, Timilsina G, Mathew R, Jamshed N, Aggarwal P. “Six-dial Strategy”-Mechanical Ventilation during Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. Indian J Crit Care Med 2020;24:487–9.
- Wilson W, Raj JP, Rao S, Ghiya M, Nedungalaparambil NM, Mundra H, Mathew R. Prevalence and Predictors of Stress, anxiety, and Depression among Healthcare Workers Managing COVID-19 Pandemic in India: A Nationwide Observational Study. Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine 2020;42:353–8
- Sahu AK, Bhoi S, Aggarwal P, Mathew R, Nayer J, T AV, et al. Endotracheal Tube Placement Confirmation by Ultrasonography: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of more than 2500 Patients. The Journal of Emergency Medicine 2020;59:254–64
- Mathew R, Sahu A, Mohindra R. Catastrophe and the cure: Looking beyond the COVID-19 pandemic. Int J Health Plann Manage 2020
- ]Sahu AK, Amrithanand VT, Mathew R, Aggarwal P, Nayer J, Bhoi S. COVID-19 in health care workers – A systematic review and meta-analysis. The American Journal of Emergency Medicine 2020;38:1727–31
- Sahu AK, Mathew R, Bhoi S, Sinha TP, Nayer J, Aggarwal P. Lung sonographic findings in COVID-19 patients. Am J Emerg Med 2020
- Mishra PR, Bhoi S, Mathew R, et al. POCUS in COVID-19: a dynamic tool during RSI. J Ultrason 2020;20:228–30
- Katyal A, Kumar A, Rajesh P, Mathew R, Bhoi S. Strengthening emergency care by developing data collection systems in low- and middle-income countries. African Journal of Emergency Medicine 2020
- Mohindra R, Mathew R, Yadav S, Aggarwal P. CISNE versus MASCC: Identifying low risk febrile neutropenic patients. The American Journal of Emergency Medicine 2020;38:2259–63.
- Bora I, Gogoi S, Venkatasubramanian V, Mathew R, Mohindra R. Persistence of SARS-COV-2 in body fluids: a bystander or whistle blower. Iranian Journal of Microbiology 2020.
- Gopinath B, Mathew R, Bhoi S, Nayaka R, Muvalia G. Erector spinae plane block for pain control in patients with pancreatitis in the emergency department. Turk J Emerg Med 2021;21:129.
- Sahu A, Mathew R, Aggarwal P, Nayer J, Bhoi S, Satapathy S, et al. Clinical determinants of severe COVID-19 disease – A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Global Infect Dis 2021;13:13.
- Suresh S, Tiwari A, Mathew R, Bhaskararayuni J, Sahu A, Aggarwal P, et al. Predictors of mortality and the need of mechanical ventilation in confirmed COVID-19 patients presenting to the emergency department in North India. J Family Med Prim Care 2021;10:542
- Gopinath B, Kappagantu V, Mathew R, Jamshed N. Acute lead poisoning: a diagnostic challenge in the emergency department. BMJ Case Rep 2021;14:e239740
- ]Sahu AK, Suresh S, Mathew R, Aggarwal P, Nayer J. Impact of personal protective equipment on the effectiveness of chest compression - A systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Emerg Med 2021;39:190–6.
- ]Halder D, Mathew R, Jamshed N, Yadav S, Rl B, Aggarwal P, et al. Utility of HEART Pathway in Identifying Low-Risk Chest Pain in Emergency Department. Journal of Emergency Medicine 2021;0.
- Shrimal P, Sahu AK, Mathew R, Bansal A. Pickering syndrome: a rare presentation in emergency department. BMJ Case Rep 2021;14:e239421
- ]Halder D, Mathew R, Jamshed N, Yadav S, Rl B, Aggarwal P, et al. Utility of HEART Pathway in Identifying Low-Risk Chest Pain in Emergency Department. The Journal of Emergency Medicine 2021;60:421–7.
- ]Yadav S, Mathew R, Sahu AK, Jamshed N, Mohindra R, Aggarwal P, et al. Prognostic Value of Serum Procalcitonin Levels in Patients With Febrile Neutropenia Presenting to the Emergency Department. The Journal of Emergency Medicine 2021;60:641–7.
- Mathew R, Kumar A, Sahu A, Wali S, Aggarwal P. High-Dose Nitroglycerin Bolus for Sympathetic Crashing Acute Pulmonary Edema: A Prospective Observational Pilot Study. The Journal of Emergency Medicine 2021:S0736467921004674
- Mathew R, Mohindra R, Sahu A, Bhat R, Ramaswami A, Aggarwal P. Occupational Sharp Injury and Splash Exposure among Healthcare Workers in a Tertiary Hospital. J Lab Physicians 2021:s-0041-1731135.
- Ramaswami A, Sahu AK, Kumar A, Suresh S, Nair A, Gupta D, Chouhan R, Bhat R, Mathew R et al. COVID-19 associated Mucormycosis Presenting to the Emergency Department – An Observational Study of 70 Patients. QJM: An International Journal of Medicine 2021:hcab190.
- Sahu AK, E.R. S, Aggarwal P, Bhoi S, Mathew R, Sinha TP, et al. Does FAST Score Reduce the Need for CT Scan in Pediatric Blunt Abdominal Trauma? Indian J Pediatr 2021.
- Sahu AK, Thandar S, Mathew R. Elderly man with subcutaneous emphysema. Emerg Med J 2021;38:629–52
- ]Sahu AK, Mathew R, Bhat R, Malhotra C, Nayer J, Aggarwal P, et al. Steroids use in non-oxygen requiring COVID-19 patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis. QJM: An International Journal of Medicine 2021:hcab212
- Sahu AK, Bhoi S, Raroth SE, et al. FAST versus F-AST Score (FAST plus Aspartate Transaminase) in Pediatric Blunt Abdominal Trauma — a Case Series Analysis. Indian J Surg [Internet] 2022 [cited 2022 Apr 27];Available from:
Research Work & Projects
- Impact of hands only CPR training on knowledge and practices of school children across delhi. (ICMR funded project)
- Development of Aptamer based assay for rapid diagnosis of heart failure (ICMR funded project)
- Fellow of Academic college of Emergency Experts (FACEE)
- Global leadership travel grant by American College of Emergency Physician (2022)
- Best Senior resident award in Department of emergency medicine AIIMS, New Delhi (2022)
- Winner in discussant category in Clincopathological case discussion in INDUSEM conference (2016)
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- American College of Emergency Physician (ACEP)
- Emergency Medical Association (EMA)
Invited Talks and Lectures
- 1. Organised a workshop on teamwork and introduction to emergency ultrasound for the undergraduate students at IndoGerman Convention of Lindau Alumni (IGCLA) held at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal in 2016.
- 2. Organized a workshop on basics of emergency ultrasound for undergraduates at AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre during their conference (PHOENIX 2017).
- 3. Chief organizer of Delhi state level ‘EM-iQ’ Emergency medicine Quiz competition for undergraduates (2017) at AIIMS, New Delhi
- 4. Chief organizer of ‘EM-iQ’ at ‘EMINDIA 2017’ the National emergency medicine conference held at Delhi, for both the undergraduates and post graduates
- 5. Faculty for training physicians and nurses in BLS ACLS and basic ultrasound as a part of Rajasthan capacity building initiative held at AIIMS trauma centre
- 6. Faculty for training 1st responders (traffic policemen, paramedics) at Sawai Man Singh Hospital Jaipur during the 4th UN Global Road safety week (8th-14th May 2017)
- 7. Faculty/Organizer of ‘Stoke simulation workshop’ conducted in ‘EMINDIA 2019’ National emergency medicine conference held at Delhi.(31st July 2019)
- 8. Faculty/Organizer of ‘Sonochakarvyu’ the National level ultrasound competition held at ‘EMINDIA 2019’. (2nd August 2019)
- 9. Faculty of Ultrasound workshop at WEMSEM- 2019 held in Katmandu, Nepal.( 10th August 2019)
- Moderator in a session e-EMINDIA2020, 31st October 2020.
- 11. Faculty of AIIMS ECG course (2021)
- Faculty speaker at CME in EM Uttar on International Emergency day 2022