Dr. Shyamasree Nandy
MSc Medical Microbiology
Demonstrator, Department of Microbiology
Reg. Number: DMC-
Demonstrator in department of Microbiology at Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi: from 18th January,2011 to present.
Involved in Theory and Practical teaching and evaluation of MBBS and Allied Health Sciences courses(i.eBPT, BOT, Nursing, BMLT, BCLT, ETCT, BDT, DDT, BMR, DMR) and MSc in medical Microbiology courses.
Actively involved in research activities /projects in the department and also in collaboration with other departments.
Area of Interest
- Antibacterial resistance
- Molecular diagnostics.
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|PhD Microbiology||2017||Subharti University|
|MSc. Medical microbiology||2006||Sikkim Manipal University of Medical sciences||DMC-|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
- Jain, Pooja, Mohd Aamir Mirza, Sushama Talegaonkar, Shyamasree Nandy, Mridu Dudeja, Nilima Sharma, Md Khalid Anwer, Saad M. Alshahrani, and Zeenat Iqbal. "Design and in vitro/in vivo evaluations of a multiple-drug-containing gingiva disc for periodontotherapy." RSC Advances 10, no. 14 (2020): 8530-8538.
- Hasan, Nazia, Manvi Singh, Sufiyanu Sulaiman, Shyamasree Nandy, Mridu Dudeja, Asgar Ali, and Zeenat Iqbal. "Design, development and optimization of a transungual duple nail lacquer for onychomycosis therapy." Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (2017).
- Haider, Mehvash, Parul Bansal, Ayan Kumar Das, Mridu Dudeja, and Shyamasree Nandy. "Prevalence of Metallo Beta Lactamase Production among Bacterial Isolates in Cases of Neonatal Septicemia in HAHC Hospital, Delhi, India." Int. J. Curr. Microbial. App. Sci 6, no. 4 (2017): 1342-1348.
- Nandy Shyamasree, Ayan Kumar Das, and Mridu Dudeja. "Prevalence of metallic beta lactamase in clinical isolates of pseudomonas aeruginosa in a tertiary care hospital." International Journal Of Community Medicine And Public Health 2, no. 4 (2017): 566-569.
- Das, Ayan K., Shyamasree Nandy, and Mridu Dudeja. "Prevalence of aac (6′)-Ie-aph (2 ″)-Ia gene and drug resistance pattern of Enterococcus isolated in a tertiary care hospital." (2015).
- Nandy, Shyamasree, Mridu Dudeja, Ayan Kumar Das, and Rachna Tiwari. "Community Acquired Bacteraemia by Sphingomonas paucimobilis: Two Rare Case Reports." Journal of clinical and diagnostic research: JCDR 7, no. 12 (2013): 2947.
- Tewari, Rachna, Mridu Dudeja, Ayan K. Das, and Shyamasree Nandy. "Kocuria kristinae in catheter associated urinary tract infection: a case report." Journal of clinical and diagnostic research: JCDR 7, no. 8 (2013): 1692.
- Tewari, Rachna, Mridu Dudeja, Shyamasree Nandy, and Ayan Kumar Das. "Isolation of Aero monas salmonicida from human blood sample: a case report." Journal of clinical and diagnostic research: JCDR 8, no. 2 (2014): 139.
- Das, Ayan Kumar, Shyamasree Nandy, Mridu Dudeja, Rachna Tiwari, and Saba Alam. "The incidence of nocardiosis at pulmonary and extra–pulmonary sites." Journal of clinical and diagnostic research: JCDR 7, no. 7 (2013): 1427.
- Nandy S, Das AK, Dudeja M, Tiwari R, Alam S. Brevundimonas vesicularis bacteraemia in a neonate: a rare case report.NJIRM, 2013; Vol. 4(3),170-172
- Tsering, Dechen C., Shyamasree Das, Luna Adhiakari, Ranabir Pal, and Takhellambam SK Singh. "Extended spectrum beta-lactamase detection in gram-negative bacilli of nosocomial origin." Journal of global infectious diseases 1, no. 2 (2009): 87.
- Dudeja, M., S. Nandy, A. K. Das, S. Alam, and R. Tiwari. "Prevalence of Intestinal Parasites in slum areas of Southern Delhi." International Journal of Microbiology Research 4, no. 8 (2012): 312.
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Organizer In World AIDs day, Deptt of microbiology, HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard.
- Organizing member of Symposium on “Save Lives: Clean your Hand”, on 5th May 2015 at at Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Jamia Hamdard
- Organizing member of Symposium on Crimean Congo hemorrhegic fever, supported by ICMR, on 28th Feb 2011 at atHamdard Convention Centre, Jamia Hamdard
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- Attended MICROCON 2012(22nd to 25thNovember, Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi) and presented poster.
- Attended workshop on teaching Methodology, 30/7/12, Medical education Unit, HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi: 62
- Attended UP MICROCON, 9/2/2013, Subharti Medical College, Meerut, UP and presented poster.
- Presented poster in HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, 2013.
- Attended Workshop on International Author Workshop, 25th February, 2013, organized by Elsevier.
- Co-organizing secretary in CME and Workshop: Diagnostic Microbiology: Newer trends and Advances: Deptt. Of microbiology, HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard.
- Attended UP MICROCON, 1st February, 2014, Sharda University, Noida, UP and presented poster.
- Attended as delegate in CME, Deptt. Of Microbiology and Community Medicine, HIMSR, Jamia Hamdard, 17/12/16: Elimination of Hepatitis: A Global Perspective.
- Attended as a delegate in AETCOM training of Medical Education unit, Jamia Hamdard, 4-5th December, 2019