Dr. Stuti Kaushik
Assistant professor, Department of Microbiology
Reg. Number: DMC-9455
I have an experience of 5 years in Clinical Microbiology with keen interests in enteric
infections, mycology and antimicrobial resistance. Teaching is also one of my domains
of interest and I enjoy teaching all undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Area of Interest
- Clinical Parasitology
- Clinical Mycology
- Infection control
- Clinical virology
- Clinical bacteriology
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MD in Microbiology||2017||University College Of Medical Sciences and Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, Delhi University, Delhi, India||DMC-9455||18-05-2013|
|MBBS||2012||Santosh Medical College, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India||DMC-9455||18-05-2013|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||01-03-2021||Till date|
|Senior Resident||Dr BSA Medical College and Hospital, Delhi||31-07-2017||26-08-2020||3 Years 26 days|
|PG Resident||UCMS & GTB Hospital, Delhi||30-06-2014||29-06-2017||3 Years|
- Kaushik S, Duggal D S, Gur R, Sharma P, Bharara T, Verma J. A Case of Fatal Disseminated Ascariasis: Clinico-Diagnostic Dilemma. J Clin Immunol Microbiol. 2022;3(2):1-7.
- Kaushik S., Saha R., Das S., Ramachandran V., Goel A. (2017) Pragmatic Combination of Available Diagnostic Tools for Optimal Detection of Intestinal Microsporidia. In: . Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology. Springer, Boston, MA
- Kaushik S, Saha R, Das S, Ramachandran VG, Goel A. SSUrRNA target amplification of intestinal microsporidia: A sensitive diagnostic tool for accurate estimate of its prevalence. J Gastrointestinal Infections 2016, 6;(1): 50-53.
- Saha R, Singal A, Kaushik S, Das S. Pentatrichomonas hominis in an immunosuppressed patient with enteric manifestations. East J Med Sci. 2017;2(2):37-38.
- Saha Rumpa et al. Needle Stick Injury among Health Care Workers and Its Aftermath in a Tertiary Care Hospital in East Delhi, India. Journal of Communicable Diseases, [S.l.], v. 49, n. 1, p. 14-20, apr. 2017. ISSN 0019-5138.
- Saha Rumpa & Kaushik Stuti & Gupta Kavita & Das, Shukla. (2017). Human Infection with Hymenolepis diminuta: First Case Report from North India. JOURNAL OF GASTROINTESTINAL INFECTIONS. 7. 36-37. 10.5005/jp-journals-10068-0008.
- Sharma P, Duggal SD, Gupta S, Gur R, Kaushik S and Bharara T (2018).Community acquired Stenotrophomonas maltophila causing empyema in an adult with HIV in SAARC Journal of Tuberculosis, Lung diseases and HIV/AIDS.
- Bharara T, Gur R, Duggal S, Sharma P, Kaushik S, Vohra S. Integration of HIV testing with Tuberculosis and sexually transmitted infections at a tertiary care hospital in Delhi. Sex T Inf 95( Suppl 1): A149.3-A 150. July 2019.
Research Work & Projects
- Study on needle stick injury in Health care workers (2015-2016)
- Diagnostic techniques for intestinal microsporidiosis(2014-2016)
- Etiological profile of UTI in West Delhi(2017-2018)
- Outbreaks in ICU-Role of microbiologists as disease detectives(2019)
- Hepatitis E in children requiring hospitalization(2021)
- MBBS Gold medalist with distinction in 6 subjects
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- American Society for Microbiology(2016-2017)
- Life member-Indian Association of Medical Microbiology Delhi Chapter
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Anchoring for ASM CME on Antibiotic resistance: renewed fears
- Part of organizing members for pre conference workshop on “Role of laboratory in antibiotic choicing” at Dr BSA Hospital in October 2018
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- UP-UK chapter workshop of Indian Academy of Tropical Parasitology (March 2015)
- Annual conference of CIDSCON (August 2015)
- American Society for Microbiology CME on “Antibiotic resistance: Renewed fears”(September 2016)
- IAMM-DC Annual conference on Diagnosis of Viral infections: an enigma (November 2016)
- IAMM Annual conference (November 2016)
- IAMM-DC workshop on optimising antimicrobial stewardship in a public healthcare setting (December 2017)
- IAMM-DC (October 2017)
- IAMM-DC(April 2018)
- IAMM-DC academic meet (April 2019)
- IAMM DC Conference (January 2021)
- IAMM DC Quarterly meet (August 2022)