Dr. Yasir Alvi
Assistant professor, Department of Community Medicine
Reg. Number: DMC-09565
A researcher and an academician with 6+ years of experience in teaching medicine, patients’ care, epidemiological studies and researches. An instructor for Epidemiological Research Unit, possess expertise in biomedical research, bio statistics, data analysis and research tools including SPSS, Microsoft excel and Mendeley. Holds membership of multiple professional associations including International Epidemiological Association, Statistics without Borders, IAPSM and IPHA. An alumnus of the Aligarh Muslim University (MBBS and MD) and International Public Health University (IPHU). Currently works as an Assistant Professor of Community Medicine at Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, New Delhi since 2020.
Area of Interest
- HIV/AIDS, health systems, epidemiology and infectious diseases.
|Degree||Year||Name of College & University||Registration Number||Date of Registration|
|MBBS||2013||JN Medical College, AMU, Aligarh||DMC-66919|
|MD||2017||JN Medical College, AMU, Aligarh||DMC-09565|
Deatils of Teaching Experience
|Assistant Professor||HIMSR, New Delhi||10-06- 2020||Till date|
|Senior Resident||JN Medical College, AMU, Aligarh||14-09-2017||11-06-2020||2 Years 9 month|
|Junior Resident||JN Medical College, AMU, Aligarh||13-07-2014||12-07-2017||3 Years|
- Siddiqui Z, Bhatia S, Abdullah A, Alvi Y. Comparative Assessment of Pain in Sequential Cataract Surgery with Topical Phacoemulsification -A Prospective Observational Study from a Tertiary Care Hospital in Uttar Pradesh Journal of Evidence Based Medicine and Healthcare 8(23):1937-42
- Alvi Y, Rahman SZ, Zaheer MS. A study of 'rational use of investigations' in a tertiary hospital. International Journal of Collaborative Research on Internal Medicine and Public Health. 2012;4(6):1265-75.
- Anjum S, Gade PR, Garg N, Bano I, Alvi Y. Maternal Outcome with Discontinuation of Magnesium Sulfate immediately Postpartum in Severe Preeclampsia. J South Asian Feder Obst Gynae 2017;9(2):84-87.
- Abdullah A, Askari SN, Ahmad S, Alvi Y. Assessment and Comparison of Microbiological Efficacy of Moxifloxacin plus Vancomycin Combined Therapy with Fortified Vancomycin in Bacterial Conjunctivitis. International Archives of BioMedical And Clinical Research. 2018;4(3).
- Alvi Y, Khalique N, Ahmad A, Khan HS, Faizi N. Prevalence of depression among HIV-positive patients treated with antiretrovirals at different stage of infection. HIV & AIDS Review. 2018;17(4):243–8. Available from: doi/10.5114/hivar.2018.80255
- Alvi Y, Khalique N, Ahmad A, Khan HS, Faizi N. World Health Organization Dimensions of Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy: A Study at Antiretroviral Therapy Centre, Aligarh. Indian Journal of Community Medicine. 2019;44(2):118-24
- Alvi Y, Khalique N, Ahmad A, Sameen S. A Study on Side Effect of Antiretroviral Therapy Among People living with HIV/AIDS. J Pharmacovig Drug Safety. 2019;16(1):22-25.
- Shan ZH, Alvi Y, Ahmad S, Jilani LZ, Faizan M, Asif N. Hypovitaminosis D in elderly patients presenting with fractures. Orthop J MPC 2019:25(1):17- 22
- Ahmad SZ, Ahmad A, Khalique N, Alvi Y. A community based study of scenario of glaucoma in Aligarh, India. Int J Community Med Public Health 2019 Sep;6(9)
- Alam P, Akhtar MS, Alvi Y, Rizvi SAA, Raza MH. Title A Study of Factors Determining Difficult Surgery among patients undergoing Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. International Surgery Journal. 2019 Aug 28;6(9):3322-7
- Akhtar MS, Mani SK, Alvi Y, Alam P, Rizvi SAA, Raza MH. Desarda versus Lichtenstein technique of inguinal hernia repair: A comparative study. International Surgery Journal. 2019 Oct;6(10):3719-3726
- Alvi Y, Khalique N, Ahmad A, Urfi. Prevalence of Sexually Transmitted Infections and its Associated factors among Women living with HIV/AIDS. Indian Journal of Community health. 2019;31(3):363-370.
- Kumar S, Gour SK, Azmi SA, Alvi Y. Pattern of behavioral and psychological symptoms in patients with Major Neurocognitive Disorder attending Psychogeriatric OPD in tertiary care teaching hospital. Delhi J Phiaciatry. 2019; 22 (2): 296-302
- Shaan ZH, Alvi Y, Ahmad S, Jilani LZ, Faizan M, Fatima ZH. Assessment of Vitamin d deficiency among older adult patients with an orthopaedic fracture and its association with increasing age. Fam Med Prim Care Rev 2019; 21(4): 372–376
- Ahmad A, Ahmad SZ, Khalique N, Ashraf M, Alvi Y. Prevalence and associated factor of Glaucoma in Aligarh, India – A population based study. Delhi Journal of Ophthalmology. 2020;31(1):36-40
- Alvi Y & Shah MS. Remembering women who empowered HIV care in India. In: Tazyn Rahman, editor. Women Empowerment. New Delhi: Empyreal Publishing House; 2020 ISBN: 978-81-944813-5-5
- Shah MS & Alvi Y. Unmet Need for Women Nutrition: A Quintessential Sustainable Development Goal. In: Tazyn Rahman, editor. Women Empowerment. New Delhi: Empyreal Publishing House; 2020 ISBN: 978-81-944813-5-5
- Alvi Y, Faizi N, Khalique N, Ahmad A. Assessment of out-of-pocket and catastrophic expenses incurred by patients with Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) in availing free antiretroviral therapy services in India. Public Health. 2020 Jun 1;183:16-22.
- Khan F, Chaudhary B, Sultan A, Ahmad M, Alvi Y, Shah MS, et al. Qualitative Thematic Analysis of Knowledge and Practices of Surgical Antimicrobial Prophylaxis at a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital. Surgical Infections. Online Ahead of Print: September 10, 2020.
- Alvi Y, Khalique N, Ahmad A, Shah MS, Faizi N. Quality of life among people living with HIV/AIDS receiving Highly Active Anti-retroviral therapy: A domain based analysis. Indian Journal of Community and Family Medicine. 2020;6(2):125-31
- Akhtar MS, Alam P, Alvi Y, Khan IR, Rizvi SAA, Raza. MH. Measuring the difficulty during intra-operative laparoscopic cholecystectomy – A new intraoperative scoring system (AMU Scoring). World Journal of Laparoscopic Surgery. 2021 (Accepted)
- Khan SM, Ahmad A, Khalique N, Alvi Y, Faizi N. A Study of Work Environment & Social Problems of Female Safai Karamcharis Registered in Nagar Nigam Aligarh. International Archives of BioMedical And Clinical Research. 2021 (Accepted)
- Islam F, Agarwalla R, Panda M, Alvi Y, Singh V, Debroy A, et al. Assessment of the knowledge, preferences and concern regarding the prospective COVID- 19 vaccine among adults resid ing in New Delhi, India-A cross sectional study. Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care. 2021 (Accepted)
Research Work & Projects
- An interventional study to assess impact of behavior modification therapy versus brief advise for tobacco cessation among adult tobacco users residing in a resettlement colony of Delhi
- Assessment of Potential Risk Factors for COVID – 19 among Health Care Workers in a Health Care Setting in Delhi, India
- An epidemiological study to assess household transmission and associated risk factors for COVID - 19 Disease among residents of Delhi, India
- Cross sectional study to assess perception and proportion of sexual harassment among working women in health sector of India – An exploration of Facts
- Rational use of investigations in a tertiary hospital
- Socio-economic issues and Health Problems among students in Madrasa of Aligarh city
- Drugs adherence and its determinants in HIV/AIDS patients on anti retroviral therapy
- Rapid assessment of knowledge and practices regarding maternal, infant and young child nutrition (MIYCN) among the obstetricians and
- Drug Abuse Prevention- A collaborative project with National Institute of Social Defense, under the National Action Plan for Drug Demand Reduction (NAPDDR-2018-23)
- Supportive Supervisor and Monitor, IAPPD Integrated Action Plan for Prevention and Control of Pneumonia and Diarrhoea
- Supportive Supervisor and Monitor, ASHA Training Quality Assurance in Home based Neonatal Care in Uttar Pradesh
- Supportive Supervisor and Monitor, Effective Vaccine Management Assessment in Uttar Pradesh Saving Newborn Lives in Uttar Pradesh through Improved Management of Birth Asphyxia- End line Assessment
- Implementation Research: TDR, WHO. 2020
- Health Financing Universal Health Coverage: WHO. 2020
- Good Clinical Practice Guidelines and New Drugs & Clinical Trials Rules, 2019 (GCP training). Centre for Health Research and Development. 2020
- Open Source Learning Management System: Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment (MOODLE). Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay. 2020
- Health Systems Strengthening : University of Melbourne, Nossal Institute of Global Health & UNICEF. 2019
- The struggle for health in South Asia: Access to Medicines 2018 People’s Health Movement (PHM) and Third World Network (TWN)
- ICMR-Short Term Studentship 2009 for the project titled as Rational use of investigation in management of patient as a part of good clinical practice.
Membership of Academic Bodies Societies
- Member of International Epidemiology Association since 2020
- Lifetime Member of Indian association of Community Medicine, since 2016
- Lifetime Member of Indian association of Public Health, since 2018
- Member of Statistics without Borders
- Alumni and Member, People’s Health Movement and International Public Health University
- Co-ordinator AIDS cell, Ibn Sina Academy, Aligarh
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Organised
- Co-ordinator AIDS cell, Ibn Sina Academy, Aligarh
- Organizing member of 21st IAPSM UPUKCON Annual Conference of Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine, State chapter.
- Organizing member of 9th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Rational Pharmacotherapeutics (ISRPTCON-2017)
- Organizing member of epidemiological investigation and medical relief team for Kashmir flood victims in Sep 2014.
Workshops/ CMEs/ Conference Attended
- POSHANCON 2020 First National Conferences of Maternal, Infant and Young Child Nutrition national working group of IAPSM (MIYCN-IAPSM), held on 16th and 17th Oct, 2020
- 64th IPHACON Annual National Conference of Indian Association of Public Health, held on 29th Feb – 2nd March 2020, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- 22st IAPSM UPUKCON Annual Conference of Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine, State chapter, held on 14th – 15th December 2019, Agra, UP
- UP PATHCON 2019, the XXVIIth Annual Conference of Indian Association of Pathologists and Microbiologists (IAPM) UP Chapter held on 16 - 17 NOVEMBER, 2019 in Aligarh.
- Update on Common & Not so Common Pediatric Problems, held on 25th August, 2019, Organized by Dept. of Pediatrics, JNMC, AMU Aligarh.
- International People’s Health Movement course on Access to Medicines, 5 – 13 Nov, 2018, Savar, Bangladesh.
- 21st IAPSM UPUKCON Annual Conference of Indian Public Health Association, State chapter, held on 26th – 27th October 2018, Aligarh, UP
- Efficient Quality-assured Data Capture using EpiData 2018 International Union Against TB & Lung Diseases (IUATLD) held on 24th – 25th April 2018, Aligarh, UP
- Workshop on Data Analysis for Medical Professional, held on 28-29 April, 2016, organised by Department of Community Medicine, JNMC, AMU Aligarh.
- 43rd Annual National Conference of Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine & Joint Gujarat State Conference of IAPSM (XXIII) and IPHA (V), held on 7-9th January, 2016 organised by Department of Community Medicine, GMERS, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- CME cum Workshop on Sleep and Non-Invasive Ventilation, held on 30th January, 2016 by Department of Pulmonary Medicine, , J.N. Medical College, AMU, Aligarh.
- XVIII Annual Conference Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine UP & UK State Chapter held on 9-10 October, 2015 organised by Department of Community Medicine, BRD Medical College, Gorakhpur, UP
- 42nd Annual National Conference of Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine held on 26-28 February, 2015 organised by King George’s Medical University, Lucknow, UP
- International symposium and slide session on women’s (breast and GYN) Pathology. 6th & 7th February 2015. JNMC, AMU Aligarh.