From Left: Dr Nehal Ahmad, Dr Safia Rana, Dr Zeeba Jairajpuri, Dr Sujata Jetley, Dr Sabina Khan, Dr Mohd Jaseem Hassan, Dr Shaan Khetrapal, Dr Shivali Sehgal
The Department of Pathology was established in 2011 and provides diagnostic services in the fields of Histopathology, Cytology, Hematology, Clinical Pathology and Blood Banking.
Departmental faculty include Professor-2 Associate Professor-2 Assistant Professor -4 Demonstrator- 2 Post Graduate students -6
Department of Pathology obtained permission from Medical Council of India for the MD Pathology postgraduate course in 2017. Recognition for the MD(Pathology) course was granted in 2020 & the department is presently training the fourth batch of postgraduate students. The department is also actively involved in the teaching curriculum of MBBS course & the Paramedical courses (BScMLT, BPT, BOT, Nursing)
- Professor Sujata Jetley, Head of the department has been elected as Member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Prof Sabina Khan is awarded Venus International Medical Award for “Outstanding Clinician in Pathology” & also has been elected as Member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Prof Sabina Khan has done one year ” Fellowship in Medical Education”(FIME) from MCI nodal centre,CMC,Ludhiana & has been awarded the prestigious Membership International Academy of Cytology (MIAC) in 2020.
- Oral presentations at International conferences:
(A) “Exotic associations and presentations of an age old disease: Spectrum of tuberculosis in a developing country ”presented by Professor Sujata Jetley at the annual 4th International Conference and Exhibition on Pathology at New Orleans, USA on 14 July 2015.
(B) “Tuberculosis ‘The Great Imitator’: A Case Series Of Unusual Presentations” presented by Dr Zeeba S Jairajpuri at the Annual International Conference on Recent Advances in Health Sciences at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This paper was awarded as the “Best Oral Presentation” at this conference.
- Dr Zeeba Jairajpuri, Associate Professor has been elected as Member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Dr Mohammad Jaseem Hassan, Associate Professor is awarded Venus International Medical Award for “Outstanding Clinician in Pathology” & also elected as Member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Dr Safia Rana, Assistant Professor & Dr Shaan Khetrapal, Assistant Professor have both completed with distinction the FACS e Learn Certificate Course in Flow Cytometry conducted by BD Biosciences & Jamia Hamdard
- Dr Safia Rana, Assistant Professor awarded Membership of the National Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Dr Shaan Khetrapal awarded the Best Oral Paper presentation: 2ndprize at CME on “ONCOPATHOLOGY- AN UPDATE” at ESIC Medical College, Faridabad.
Histopathology and Cytology lab The histopathology and cytology laboratories process approximately 5000 specimens every year. The rich clinical material ensures a wide variety of surgical and cytology specimens. This includes radical neck resections, mastectomy, colectomies, prostatectomies, thyroidectomies, to name a few of them. Both laboratories are well equipped to handle such specimens with the latest equipments, some of which are depicted below
Hematology laboratory carries out all the hematological investigations for IPD & OPD patients of our hospital.Automated hematology analysers, both 6 Part & 3 Part, ESR analyser and automated coagulometer are the important equipments in this laboratory.
Blood bank: Licensed Blood bank with facilities for component preparation and platelet aphaeresis. State of the art facilities with modern equipment.