Research Projects Pathology
ICMR Project titled as “STUDY OF SAPHENOUS VEIN GRAFT IN DIABETICS AND NON DIABETICS WITH CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE & ITS CORRELATION WITH DAMAGE ASSOCIATED MOLECULAR PATTERN PROTEINS”
Principal Investigator: Prof Sujata Jetley
Co-Principal Investigator: Dr Zeeba S Jairajpuri
Funding: Rs 65 lakhs
Thesis topics of postgraduate students and the subject matter of research undertaken are as follows:
- Histological characterization of the invasive front in oral carcinoma: Evaluation of the prognostic factors and the role of epithelial- mesenchymal transition
- Evaluation of apoptotic markers in the spectrum of morphological changes in endometrium in abnormal uterine bleeding
- EGFR & HER2/NEU Gene expression and its correlation with clinicopathological profile in gallbladder carcinoma
- Role of morphometry in the cytological evaluation of oral lesions and its diagnostic significance
- Cytological evaluation of thyroid aspirates using the 2017 Bethesda system for reporting thyroid cytopathology with histopathological correlation.
- Morphometry in the cytological evaluation of breast lesions and its diagnostic significance
- Evaluation of the utility of IAC standardized Yokohama system for reporting fine needle aspiration cytology of breast lesion.
- Application of the Milan system of reporting salivary gland cytology and risk stratification by cyto-histological correlation.
- Study of histochemical and immunohistochemically profile in grading of squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity.
ICMR Short Term Student Research projects conducted & approved by ICMR from the department are as follows:
- Study of Risk Factors in Oral Carcinoma and the relationship between Tumor Thickness and Regional Nodal Involvement. Reference ID: 2014-01558.
- Role of Cytology in Evaluating Oral Lesions for Early Detection of Oral Cancers. Reference ID: 2015-07144.
- Role of Her2/neu and Ki67 (a proliferative marker) in gall bladder cancers. Reference ID: 2015-05617.
- Study of Helicobacter pylori and associated risk factors in symptomatic patients with special emphasis on smoking, alcohol and socioeconomic status. Reference ID 2016- 06170.
- Patterns of expression of apoptotic and proliferative markers in Oral lesions. Reference ID 2017- 01271.
- Profile in geriatric patients with special emphasis on morphological and etiological classification of anemia in these patients. Reference ID 2017-05615.
- Clinico-hematological study of acute febrile illness in Indian pediatric population. Reference ID: 2018–07072.
Faculty members of the department of Pathology, HIMSR also have numerous publications in indexed, peer reviewed national and international journals, total 135 in number since the inception of the department.