Respiratory Medicine department was established in year 2013 under the leadership of Dr Bhawani Singh with 10 bedded inpatient facilities.
The management of pulmonary and extra pulmonary tuberculosis is done along with all acute and chronic lung diseases, plural diseases and sleep disorder. That including infective, inflammatory, occupational, allergic diseases of lung are taken care of Outpatient department.
Following procedures are performed our departments.
- Six-minute walk test (6MWT),
- Skin prick test Allergic testing for Aspergillus species e.g. Fumigatus
- Sleep apnea scoring,
- Pleural aspiration,
- Fiber optic bronchoscopy
The department is running specialty clinics like Allergy and Asthma clinics pulmonary and extra pulmonary tuberculosis (skeletal, genitourinary,Lymph node, abdominal, neurotuberculosis) follow-ups from other departments also done on regular basis.
With the establishment of DOTS sputum collection center in 2018, screening of multidrug resistant tuberculosis.
DR SUMEERA BANDAY
- “Allergy Workshop” at National Institute of Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases, New Delhi on 7th November 2019, organised during the 53rd Conference of the Indian College of Allergy, Asthma Applied Immunology, from 7th to 10th November 2019.
- “Sleep Workshop” at AIIMS, New Delhi on 5th & 6th March 2020, organised during the AIIMS “PULMOCRIT 2020” from 5th to 8th March 2020.
- Co-Guide for Thesis of Post-graduation student in Unani Medicine Department of School of Unani Medicine and Research (SUMAR) the thesis entitled “A Study to assess the role of Ma-ul-shae”er (Barley water) on quality of life of Tuberculosis patients” diagnosed patients tuberculosis attending Respiratory Medicine OPD at HAHC Hospital.
- Co-Guide for Thesis of Post-graduation student in Department of Pharmacology School of Pharmaceutical Education and Research Jamia Hamdard the thesis entitled “Assessment of compliance in Chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD) and measurement of the effectivity of metered dose inhaler (MDI ) and metered dose inhaler with spacer in administrating inhaled corticosteroid along with beta agonist ” diagnosed patients COPD attending Respiratory Medicine OPD at HAHC Hospital.
DR SHAMIM ULLAH KHAN
- “Allergy Workshop” at National Institute of Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases, New Delhi on 7th November 2019 organised during the 53rd Conference of the Indian College of Allergy, Asthma Applied Immunology, from 7th to 10th November 2019.
- “Sleep Workshop” at AIIMS, New Delhi on 5th & 6th March 2020, organised during the AIIMS “PULMOCRIT 2020” from 5th to 8th March.
- “International Workshop on Interventional Pulmonology” organised by Jaipur Golden Hospital, New Delhi on August 31, 2019.
- “Manage TB”. The course was run by the National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning- All India Council for Technical Education (NEPTEL- AICTE) of the Ministry of HRD , Govt. of India. This was as part of Faculty Development Programme completed the course and was awarded the Certificate with a score of 83 % Elite Silver.